Hibees Running Scared...

numpty

At least judging by this thread on the Hibees Bounce board :)

http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89474

Finally we are getting credit for our form this year. We will be ok as long as Billy Dodds predicts another Well defeat. If he predicts a Well win am gonnae greet.

To be fair, in the past few seasons the Hibees fans have generally given us credit when we are on-form.

After their result tonight, however, I expect they will be even more motivated to put in a good performance and I expect them to give us a tough game.

I think that they overstate how good we are. Having read their forum, they seem worried about losing headers in defence. Not a problem we'll really be causing them. Stack must have been poor tonight though as some of their fans (70-odd % in a poll!!!) want Makalamby back between the sticks.

I must confess I have a bad feeling about Saturday no matter how pessimistic the Hibs fans are. A game we could easily lose, not that defeat would bother me. Just the prospect of either of their two posers up front scoring sticks in my throat...

I was surprised to hear Stokes started after his carry-on at the week-end. If Saint Johnstone can tear them apart, and it certainly sounded like it, then we clearly have the personnel to do so. Gannon won't tolerate a second slack game like last night in-a-row, I imagine we'll be back to our passing best again on Saturday.

I was surprised to hear Stokes started after his carry-on at the week-end. If Saint Johnstone can tear them apart, and it certainly sounded like it, then we clearly have the personnel to do so. Gannon won't tolerate a second slack game like last night in-a-row, I imagine we'll be back to our passing best again on Saturday.

Apparently more than a few players last night were carrying knocks and of course we played 120 minutes. Are we going to be 100% on Saturday?

I think Hibs will want to show something after a couple of poor results against Accies and St.Johnstone and will see Fir Park, with the hype around us now, as a 'proving ground'.

Defensively they look as if we can get at them but with a guy like Riordan in the team, they can turn a game in a second.

I've said it before but a team managed by John Hughes does not scare me. Sure Stokes and Riordan are talented strikers but look how many people on here were shitting themselves about Kyle for the Kilmarnock game and Boyd for the Rangers game - remind me how they did against us??

JG will have once again done his homework and will ensure that our defence snuff out the "threat" posed by those two alkies.

We'll win. Of that I have no doubt.

I've said it before but a team managed by John Hughes does not scare me.

2007 - 2008:

Falkirk 1 - 0 Motherwell

Motherwell 0 - 3 Falkirk

Falkirk 0 - 0 Motherwell

2008 - 2009:

Motherwell 3 - 2 Falkirk

Falkirk 1 - 0 Motherwell

Motherwell 1 - 1 Falkirk

Falkirk 2 - 1 Motherwell

So in the last 2 seasons we have collected a grand total of 5 points from a possible 21 against a team managed by John Hughes. Different circumstances this time, of course, but we don't have a stellar record here.

I'd go with a score draw or maybe a 1-0 'well win.

i loved this post on the hibs board....

Quote:Originally Posted by smithy_hibees viewpost.gif Motherwell ONLY just beat a 1st divison side, so they cant be that good wounder if there fans are hitting the panic button over ONLY just beaten a 1st divison side 102.gifNo, they are probably saying,

1. phew.gif, got over that tricky hurdle and we are in the next round,

2. isn't young Forbes a great player, is that 8 he has scored already this season?

3. Jim Gannon, great manager eh?

4. Woo hoo, we are at home to Hibs saturday, they are soft a shite in midfield, a tactical shambles, the defence and goalie are poor, I cannae wait.

5. Pass me my buckfast, would you dear?

2007 - 2008:

Falkirk 1 - 0 Motherwell

Motherwell 0 - 3 Falkirk

Falkirk 0 - 0 Motherwell

2008 - 2009:

Motherwell 3 - 2 Falkirk

Falkirk 1 - 0 Motherwell

Motherwell 1 - 1 Falkirk

Falkirk 2 - 1 Motherwell

So in the last 2 seasons we have collected a grand total of 5 points from a possible 21 against a team managed by John Hughes. Different circumstances this time, of course, but we don't have a stellar record here.

Ah yes, the obligatory weeyin post.

Is that you agreeing or disagreeing?

(Sorry for resorting to facts there, to back up my point of view, btw :lol: )

That was under McGhee...

but since you like your stats why did you miss out the other 8 games we played against Yogi Hughes' sides? You know the ones that go like this

2006/07 (Malpas)

Motherwell 3-3 Falkirk

Falkirk 1-2 Motherwell

Motherwell 4-2 Falkirk

Falkirk 0-1 Motherwell

2006/07 (Butcher)

Falkirk 1-1 Motherwell

Motherwell 3-1 Falkirk

Falkirk 0-1 Motherwell

Motherwell 5-0 Falkirk

Pld 15 Won 7 Drawn 4 Lost 4.... oh wait I see why you choose only two seasons as it makes our record against Hughes look a lot worse. Poor show there. But do you know what is the most important stat of all...

Under Gannon we have currently played against a Hughes' team a massive zero times.... ;)

do you not think that it's by luck or sheer coincidence that we haven't conceeded in the league in a wee while? I do, I still think our defensive frailties from set pieces are easy to see, as ICT so adeptly pointed out the other night.

That was under McGhee...

but since you like your stats why did you miss out the other 8 games we played against Yogi Hughes' sides? You know the ones that go like this

-- snipped---

Pld 15 Won 7 Drawn 4 Lost 4.... oh wait I see why you choose only two seasons as it makes our record against Hughes look a lot worse. Poor show there.

Only because I think last season is a better indicator, the season before is less so and prior to that becomes statistically insignificant for all practical purposes.

But do you know what is the most important stat of all...Under Gannon we have currently played against a Hughes' team a massive zero times.... :doh:
Of course. That's why I said "circumstances are different" :doh: I do believe, though, that it will be a hard game thanks mainly to Riordan and Stokes (who seems to have found his scoring boots again, unfortunately).

Only because I think last season is a better indicator, the season before is less so and prior to that becomes statistically insignificant for all practical purposes.

Then going by that what we did against Falkirk (not Hibs means jack). In fact what happened in our last game or Hibs last game means jack. You can bring in all the stats in the world and it won't decide the outcome of the game. Head to Head is only a decent indicator if you use stats available.

Or more likely you used the stats because it went towards your argument, while the full whack of available stats blew your argument out of the water :lol:

do you not think that it's by luck or sheer coincidence that we haven't conceeded in the league in a wee while? I do, I still think our defensive frailties from set pieces are easy to see, as ICT so adeptly pointed out the other night.

To be honest I think our better defensive performances have come because of a wide variety of reasons, although the main one for me is Gannon has pin pointed certain players in the last few games as possible dangermen and our defence have defended at all costs (Kyle (killie), Boyd (Rangers), Cadamateri (Dundee United) and well Aberdeen are pish :P ). Saying that we're always going to have frailties, as to be honest the best teams in the world have some frailty of some sort.