Big Yass

east stand loyal

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd be surprised what goes on. Altough it's probably not a big enough story for them to do that. They've more likely just took what they want from a few utterances and done a cut and paste job; "your'e just like a journalist" as someone sang.

i've worked in newspapers for 6 years, and I can assure you that people don't just make stories up unless they have something to back up their story with (regardless of how flimsy or skewed in their favour it may be)

If they did, they wouldn't be in a job, quite simple really.

They do create their own quotes though, by asking leading questions that only require a yes/no answer. The editors send out the journos with a brief to get a specific angle on a story. In the Rancid's case - make sure to include the OF wherever possible.

"So, Mr. Gaag, at some time in the future, would you like to win a satellite on Pokerstars and take on the WSOP main event?"

"Aye, that would be nice".

GAAG SAYS HE'S READY TO QUIT DOMESTIC GAME FOR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

aye obviously, but they do that to meet their own ends, hence my quote above. But they don't just sit there and go right, lets write a story about Moutoakil... what can we say that he said? Emm, ok, he took a shit at 5.40 and said it was the best one he ever did.

Making statements and drawing conclusions from a quote or interview is a journalists job... making things up all together is something completely different.

Aye but its like chinese whispers basically Gaag? they hear one thing then report whatever they like?

They wouldn't be in a job? If their fabricated stories were selling papers then i'm sure they wouldn't be sacked! all they have to do is print a tiny appology a few weeks later on page 33 or something to get away with it.

I have no time for newspapers!

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/4672322...st_in_defender/

Parkinson: No Celtic or Rangers interest in defender

2:45pm Thursday 8th October 2009

By Paul Green »

PHIL Parkinson has warned Yassin Moutaouakil to show more respect to Motherwell after the on-loan Charlton defender publicly stated he wished to join either of the Old Firm earlier this week.

Moutaouakil joined Motherwell on loan in August but caused a stir north of the border when he told a Scottish newspaper he is looking for a permanent switch to either Celtic, Rangers or an English top flight side in January.

However, Parkinson confirmed neither of the Glasgow giants have expressed any interest in the player and told Moutaouakil to follow the professionalism of ex-Gers defender Christian Dailly, who is now at The Valley.

The Addicks chief said: “Christian Dailly is full of experience and Yassin Moutaouakil strikes me as someone that is very inexperienced because, with the greatest of respect to him, Motherwell have given him the opportunity to play first-team football.

“That is something he was not going to get here and there were not many other options for him.

“Jim Gannon has given him the opportunity and, by all accounts, he's doing well up there.

“He’s just got to learn from that and it's not the kind of thing that the Motherwell supporters will want to hear.”

And when asked if there had been any approach for Moutaouakil from Celtic or Rangers, Parkinson replied abruptly: “Nothing at all, no.”

Indeed. Or, knowing our OF obsessed press, he could well have been asked a leading question such as, "Would you like to move on to Rangers or Celtic, or maybe even an EPL club when your loan deal expires?" and he answered "Oui". That then becomes a quote.

Spot on weeyin.

Anyway, even if he did say it, are people expecting to answer the question with..? ''Growing up in Paris it was always my dream to play with Motherwell. I want to play here for the next 12 years"

If anyone ever says that I would hunt them for lack of ambition!!

tbf the Charlton Manager was a little harsh comparing him to Christian Dailly. I don't think there is a more professional player in the game. Probably still fitter than most premiership players - just like he was in his last season with The Hammers.

Christian Dailly wasn't very professional when he was shouting the odds at the Germans while his manger was being interviewed a few yards away. I'm not saying I didn't love it but I wouldn't class it as being particularly professional.