Big Yass

east stand loyal

Just seen Yassin Moutaouakil in the Indian Chef on Shields Road gettin a munch, still got the Motherwell gear on! Hes stayin in Doonside tower which is less than a minute fae the indian Chef yet he still drove the distance :nod: Either hes picked up a wee knock or hes feelin lazy!

Châteauroux, Charlton, Borderline Muirhouse, all in 2 years :D

I'd love it if we could sign the big man I see Charlton did'nt even give him a squad number this year, apparently he had a bust up with a team mate or somethin.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

perhaps he should use his car to try and beat opposition players on the outside and get to the byline and cut his crosses back and then he would be really effective. his continual cutting inside is only taking him into the most crowded part of the pitch . this guy has pace to burn and does not always use it to the teams advantage

perhaps he should use his car to try and beat opposition players on the outside and get to the byline and cut his crosses back and then he would be really effective. his continual cutting inside is only taking him into the most crowded part of the pitch . this guy has pace to burn and does not always use it to the teams advantage

thats the most rediculous thing i've read in a while.

are you being serious or did you just want someone like me to react?

I agree with well said.

Didn't think he was aw that on Saturday: made some excellent tackles going back, but all too often took it inside, tried to beat a man for the second time, failed to pass when he should have, and I can only think of once where he got past his man and crossed in from deep.

Thought he looked good against der h*n though, and feel he has a lot to offer the team. Just don't think he deserves many plaudits for his performance on Saturday.

It’s very clear to see Gannon’s tactics as he has pretty much stuck to them most games. I do like them as they cover us going forward and back but we just lack that killer pass from midfield at times and do not have a striker who can take the chance when we get it.

It starts off a 4-1-2-2-1 more or less. Could be viewed as a 4-5-1 or a 4-3-3 also I guess. Back four as normal, Hateley sitting in front in the defensive midfield role, midfield three with our 3 forwards usually comprising big Sutton in the middle with 2 others playing off him and nearly as wingers but given quite a free role.

When Ruddy has the ball - Hammell and Mout push right up nearly in line with midfield and the two centre back move towards the corner of the 18 yard box. The ball then gets put to either of the two or Hately who comes back through the middle to ask for it. Hardly ever is it punted long.

We then try and pass the ball short around midfield, side to side, and get it to the wings as much as possible for Hammell/Mout to drive forward and use the two wingers/forwards to get it down the line and into the box .

If we lose the ball in play Hateley tracks back to provide a back three while Hammell and Mout get back from their advanced positions.

Also, watch Hateley when the opposite team goalie punts it up the park – he drops back inline with the centre backs and usually marks their target man along with one of our centre back.

Pretty effective.

It's very clear to see Gannon's tactics as he has pretty much stuck to them most games. I do like them as they cover us going forward and back but we just lack that killer pass from midfield at times and do not have a striker who can take the chance when we get it.

It starts off a 4-1-2-2-1 more or less. Could be viewed as a 4-5-1 or a 4-3-3 also I guess. Back four as normal, Hateley sitting in front in the defensive midfield role, midfield three with our 3 forwards usually comprising big Sutton in the middle with 2 others playing off him and nearly as wingers but given quite a free role.

When Ruddy has the ball - Hammell and Mout push right up nearly in line with midfield and the two centre back move towards the corner of the 18 yard box. The ball then gets put to either of the two or Hately who comes back through the middle to ask for it. Hardly ever is it punted long.

We then try and pass the ball short around midfield, side to side, and get it to the wings as much as possible for Hammell/Mout to drive forward and use the two wingers/forwards to get it down the line and into the box .

If we lose the ball in play Hateley tracks back to provide a back three while Hammell and Mout get back from their advanced positions.

Also, watch Hateley when the opposite team goalie punts it up the park – he drops back inline with the centre backs and usually marks their target man along with one of our centre back.

Pretty effective.

Hope Eddie May's not looking at this!!

Nah, not Peter Ward but I do sit in the main stand behihd the dugouts so when everybody in the east was chanting "Wardy gie us a wave" on Saturday I thought I should be waving back! haha

Billy Dodds says in his BBC predictor thing that other teams are catching onto the way we play. I think he might be right! Gannon seems to know how to change it and isnt afraid to either...which is a change from last year! ^_^

he was caught out on all three goals

Thought at first Busta that you were talking rubbish but after watching the highlights a few times I see what you mean , you couldn't say he was solely responsible though, O'Brien could be blamed for losing possession that led to the first goal he also gave away the free-kick that led to the third and Coke gave away possession and that led to the second . But as you say about big Yass he was caught out of position on ALL THREE.

I wouldn't blame him for the first-it was just a very good counter after O'Brien lost the ball near the edge of the Hibs box. Yass busted a gut to get back but couldn't make it. Saunders was arguably mor eculpable-drawn to the ball and allowed Nish acres of space-who nearly fluffed the chance.

If you want to blame anyone for the third the fingers should be pointed at Ruddy.

Billy Dodds says in his BBC predictor thing that other teams are catching onto the way we play. I think he might be right! Gannon seems to know how to change it and isnt afraid to either...which is a change from last year! :thumbup:

Was always going to happen, said before that SPL managers aren't slow at working out the opposition. Hopefully Jimbob has plenty aces up his sleeve but I do feel we have more options in the squad. Fingers crossed.

Motherwell defender Yassin Moutaouakil is hoping his six-month loan stint at Fir Park will earn him a permanent deal with Rangers or Celtic.

The 23-year-old had a nightmare two years at Charlton but feels he can get his career back on track with the Steelmen.

The ex-France Under-21 skipper also believes he can become a better player under Well boss Jim Gannon.

He said: "I think I can learn a lot from this manager. At the first training session when I saw how he wanted us to play I was very impressed. He understands football well and is very good tactically.

"I want to play here and give my best then sign for another team permanently in January, maybe Celtic, Rangers or a Premiership team in England.

"I am not going to lie, the only clubs that I knew up here were Celtic and Rangers because of my friend Madjid Bougherra.

"But every week I will fight for Motherwell, the manager, the chairman and the fans."