Big Yass

east stand loyal

Absolutely nothing atall, but I find it very disrespectful of a player to come out and openly say that he "will stay here six months then look for a move elsewhere". Who does this guy think he is? He's been here just over a month and so far he's been very average I would say and now he thinks he's too good for us? Scott McDonald and Mark McGhee are strongly disliked by sections of the Motherwell support for similar comments to the press when they were here, but at least they had actually proved what they could do whilst at Motherwell FC.

I don't begrudge any Motherwell player or manager the chance to move on to bigger clubs, nor do I blame them for it as that's just the way it is. I do however find it a different story when someone openly talks of their desire to move to 'bigger and better things' after they've only stayed here for as long as they have to, ie. "I'll stay for six months". Especially more so when the player in question has only been here a month and hasn't really done anything to suggest that they are worthy of playing at a higher level.

Nail on the head.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't begrudge any Motherwell player or manager the chance to move on to bigger clubs, nor do I blame them for it as that's just the way it is. I do however find it a different story when someone openly talks of their desire to move to 'bigger and better things' after they've only stayed here for as long as they have to, ie. "I'll stay for six months". Especially more so when the player in question has only been here a month and hasn't really done anything to suggest that they are worthy of playing at a higher level.
Like I posted earlier, it's most unlikely he actually said he wanted to move to the OF etc. The journos ask targetted questions such as "So, after 6 months, would you be interested in a move to Rangers, Celtic or even the EPL?". All the guy needs to say is "Yes", and then it is reported as a full quote along the lines of "I would be interested in a mover ot Rangers, Celtic or even the EPL" says Motherwell's Yass.

It's just another reason why you shouldn't believe what you read in the papers - even if it's an attributed quote. Don't get sucked in by the tabloids scuzzy reporting.

Like I posted earlier, it's most unlikely he actually said he wanted to move to the OF etc. The journos ask targetted questions such as "So, after 6 months, would you be interested in a move to Rangers, Celtic or even the EPL?". All the guy needs to say is "Yes", and then it is reported as a full quote along the lines of "I would be interested in a mover ot Rangers, Celtic or even the EPL" says Motherwell's Yass.

It's just another reason why you shouldn't believe what you read in the papers - even if it's an attributed quote. Don't get sucked in by the tabloids scuzzy reporting.

Absolutely agree with that, typical of the Scottish hacks to shit stir.

Absolutely nothing atall, but I find it very disrespectful of a player to come out and openly say that he "will stay here six months then look for a move elsewhere". Who does this guy think he is?

someone who is only on loan here for six months?

we can't afford the guy on a permanent deal, he's going to be looking for teams who pay more which includes the OF. i don't see anything wrong with him saying so.

Yup...

Also worth noting that Yass has been in France since Saturday and only returns tonight for training tomorrow... :ph34r::lol:

'Flow

lets be honest, the Daily Rangers and the Evening Tims will report anything that sells their crap to the of scum. ignore it.

Anyway, we are a club that will always have players that will use us to showcase their talents and move on. I think that we should accept that and appreciate their contibutions when we have them.

someone who is only on loan here for six months?

we can't afford the guy on a permanent deal, he's going to be looking for teams who pay more which includes the OF. i don't see anything wrong with him saying so.

I'm not saying that he should come out and tell us that he already bleeds Claret & Amber and that he's always loved the club and used to go Motherwell when playing subbuteo as a wean or anything like that. I know that he is here on a short term deal, and that he will have one eye on moving to bigger clubs, all players do that whether on short term deals or not. The problem I have here is that he's only in the door two minutes, hasn't really done anything yet in a Motherwell shirt and yet he's talking about 'moving to bigger and better things'. I fully understand that he will be looking for teams who pay more, but I just find it disrespectful to the fans of the club who he currently plays with to be so open about it.

Agree with Neil on this one, what's wrong with the guy showing ambition?

He obviously wants to play at a higher level and feels coming on loan here is the way to do that. I very highly doubt that he's actually come out and said "I want to play for Celtic or Rangers" I'd assume he's said that he would like to move onto a bigger club in England, and the journalist in question (looking for an OF slant on it) has suggested a move to the Old Firm and big Yass never ruled it out.

Those calling big Yass "a useless c*nt" need to dry their eyes. As long as he performs well over the next 3 months i'll be delighted and i'll wish him the best when he moves on.

Agree 100%

He's Charlton's player, not ours. If he'd just signed a 3-yr deal for us then, aye, those answers to the loaded question wouyldn't be going down particularly well but he's here for 6 months, says he will give us his all and then, most likely, is offski to a team that can actually afford him. I think his comments are fair enough - and, as was pointed out, no different to Porter's when he first joined us.

Is that a dig at me? Are you suggesting that because I don't agree with you, it means I didn't read every post before posting? :notworthy:

No, what I'm suggesting is that a page back Flow posted that since Yass isn't even in the country we can assume the story is pish. yet we're still debating the pros and cons of Yass's 'manufactured' comments. even though he might never have said anything along those lines at all.

If the story were true. i'm kinda middle of the road on it. I recognise we're a stepping stone but at the same time I don't like players courting the OF while they're here.

However - like Flow said - this is a made up story. So we can't be angry with yass for something he most probably didn't say!

maybe he was interviewed on friday or saturday for the story to run this week. the sports pages were full of old firm shite around the weekend. maybe yass's comments were kept to fill some space during the week as most clubs won't be training for a few days hence no interviews/stories?

i've got about as low an opinion of scottish journalists as it's possible to have but i don't think they've stooped to the level of just inventing interviews that never happened.

Exactly, SteveDiggle you're surely not suggesting that the papers have plucked that entire quote out of mid air? He may not have said it yesterday morning, but he has indeed said it, and it sticks in the throat a little bit. Your 2nd paragraph kinda sums it up for me.

And Haggis, you're not wrong, he is Charlton's player. But he plays for us.

Did Yass say it? I don't honestly know. I personally think he may have been thrown a curveball at sometime and a very tenuous link has been made to the OF after a couple of decent performances (as it is with every single decent player in the history of creation wrt to the rancid) . I don't think he's been sat down for a bona fide interview like Flow indicated..

My comment stands on players courting the OF - i personally dont think Yass did in this case. i would say i feel that he's been stitched up.

So i dont think he should be criticised here. I was trying to claim some middle ground / sit on the fence.

All in all it don't think it's a biggie.

SteveDiggle you're surely not suggesting that the papers have plucked that entire quote out of mid air?

You're surely not suggesting they're not capable of such a feat? Guaranteed that quote won't be word for word but a play on any words Yass actually used and twisted to suit the context of the journo's agenda.

You're surely not suggesting they're not capable of such a feat? Guaranteed that quote won't be word for word but a play on any words Yass actually used and twisted to suit the context of the journo's agenda.

That's what has happened here. If indeed they didn't just make the whole thing up.

I'm pretty sure that's not the case

You'd be surprised what goes on. Altough it's probably not a big enough story for them to do that. They've more likely just took what they want from a few utterances and done a cut and paste job; "your'e just like a journalist" as someone sang.