Standing

taz connar

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If everyone else is sitting the back two rows won't need to stand. It is a Health and Safety issue, and everybody should sit when they're told. The rules are made for a reason, not just because some faceless person has time on their hands. If you are real fans you will sit and save the club from losing money in hefty fines. And no, I'm not Bill Dickie in disguise.

If everyone else is sitting the back two rows won't need to stand. It is a Health and Safety issue, and everybody should sit when they're told. The rules are made for a reason, not just because some faceless person has time on their hands. If you are real fans you will sit and save the club from losing money in hefty fines. And no, I'm not Bill Dickie in disguise.

hefty fines from what ?

does that mean that when any team go to away grounds and the majority of the away support doesnt sit then the home team gets a "hefty" fine...

i doubt that very much ... also if the people are allowed to stand in the back two rows then how does this effect you if you go for a pie you cant see ?

there policys as always are flawed seems IMO that MFC are determined to drive any young support they may have away.

It's a Health & Safety Issue that Motherwell FC/SPL could remove at any time they wanted as it comes from a recommendation. If 52,000 people at Hampden, with well over half of them probably well beyond the safe drinking limit can do it - and watch us beat teams like France and Ukraine - and come away from it with only a slash on their shin ( :whistling: ) I'm sure it will be ok for 25-35 odd people to do it at Fir Park

Especially when according to the OP, Motherwell FC have said it's ok :huh:

Actually, to my mind, Motherwell 'officially' saying it's ok is probably the only thing that could lead to some sort of negative consequence for them to be honest. Turning a blind eye certainly wouldn't.

how can they say its ok for some to stand yet not ok for others...

the two games a have been recently at hampden i stood the entire game right beside a police officer and a steward and they never bothered....

why would they bother.. just gives them more hassle in the long run.

Fur fucksake, its the fucking rules. If you think its unfair, then go and stand in the back two rows where the club have said its ok

how can in a ALL SEATER stadium would it say in the rules, everyone must sit down apart from the people in the back two rows , why not the back 3 or 4 ?

how can in a ALL SEATER stadium would it say in the rules, everyone must sit down apart from the people in the back two rows , why not the back 3 or 4 ?

Probably to stop all these wee arseholes greetin about it and causing trouble. Fucking hell man, the club actually listens to them for once and bends a little but folk are still out raged by it all!

what bit dont you get here ?

how can it be OK for certain people to stand and NOT OK for other people to stand ?

As has been said earlier, its probably not a written down to the SPL official policy however, see if it was me making the rules, and I had actually compromised and bent the rules a little to allow what must be close to 400 people to stand in the east stand if they wanted to, and someone like you came to me with that pish, I would just ban it altogether.

The club have actually done a good thing here for those that want to stand, theyv listened to you all and made a concession, and yet some people still aren't happy.

thank f*ck someone with a brain

Maybe he'll let you have some of his one then, because you obviously are a retard!

Next time you go to the cinema and someone with a big head is sat infront of you, imagine what would happen at fir park were folk allowed to stand anywhere they wanted.

This is going round and round and round. Even when the club try to make sensible allowances, folk still complain.

This may sound condescending, well it's meant to. We live in a society of rules, legislation and governance. We, the lay person, do not make them nor influence them but must adhere to them.

I don't like many things (in actual fact I would love to stand at the fitba), however I choose to obey many rules I don't like because I would prefer not to get locked up, fined, my house or motor repossessed...blah blah blah.

Decisions in life are simple, you do or you dont. In this case, as I mentioned before, if you do not want to sit (not taking into account the reaction moments) at fir park, don't go. Go and watch lower league teams, where you can stand.

The club can no doubt do without the heartache. Some of you may recall that the behaviour of the crowd influences the fair play award, which got us a great wee run in europe. We might not see that again.

The guidelines may or may not change, but influencing them by pissing everyone off (club polis and stewards) won't work. Start a petition, or write letters of complaint, that will gain more respect.

Oh and my final rant.......you (the stander upper) want to create a better atmposphere at FP and get behind the team and so forth (which is great) aren't actually doing that when you spend most of the game arguing with the stewards about stand up sit doon, or whispering amongst yourselves who's gonna be the first to stand up.

....come on give it a rest. ;)

......free the weed.....I wish :wacko:

does that mean that when any team go to away grounds and the majority of the away support doesnt sit then the home team gets a "hefty" fine...

No, the policy says that each club is responsible for its own fans whether away or at home.