Jutkiewicz And Ruddy

Everton

Hello, Everton fan here apologies if this thread is in the wrong place couldn't see one about them.

Just wondering if either of Jutkiewicz or Ruddy look upto much in what they've played for you boys so far?

And what are our chances of Motherwell finally being someone we can convince to keep jutkiewicz?

Ruddy's quality and I'd be delighted if we managed to get a hold of him permanently, or even just extend his loan spell.

You can have Jutkiewicz back right now, I'll pay for his Megabus down. Though to be fair to the big guy, he scored the winner yesterday so we'll see how a wee confidence boost like that will help him.

Ruddy's quality and I'd be delighted if we managed to get a hold of him permanently, or even just extend his loan spell.

You can have Jutkiewicz back right now, I'll pay for his Megabus down. Though to be fair to the big guy, he scored the winner yesterday so we'll see how a wee confidence boost like that will help him.

Damn always seems to be that way around. Ruddy impresses everywhere he goes, whilst nobody can wait to get rid of Jutkiewicz, whose only footballing credentials seem to be an inability to play more than 3 seconds without needed a heart transplant, getting the scout sacked who recommended Moyes spend £1 million on him, and scoring twice in a pre season game once.

Damn always seems to be that way around. Ruddy impresses everywhere he goes, whilst nobody can wait to get rid of Jutkiewicz, whose only footballing credentials seem to be an inability to play more than 3 seconds without needed a heart transplant, getting the scout sacked who recommended Moyes spend £1 million on him, and scoring twice in a pre season game once.

To be honest, the worst thing that could possibly have happened to Jutkiewicz was probably costing a team £1,000,000. If he'd come to us on loan from Everton as a decent young player who may or may not make the grade (like plenty of loan deals) then he probably wouldn't seem as bad as he does. But unfortunately, he's joined us as a £1,000,000 striker so immediately there are big expectations (keep in mind money isn't thrown about in the SPL like it is down south and a club like Motherwell will probably never pay a seven figure sum for a player).

To be honest, the worst thing that could possibly have happened to Jutkiewicz was probably costing a team £1,000,000. If he'd come to us on loan from Everton as a decent young player who may or may not make the grade (like plenty of loan deals) then he probably wouldn't seem as bad as he does. But unfortunately, he's joined us as a £1,000,000 striker so immediately there are big expectations (keep in mind money isn't thrown about in the SPL like it is down south and a club like Motherwell will probably never pay a seven figure sum for a player).

In that case it's a little harsh to blame him for our stupidity, still I'm sure he'll do plenty enough to convince of his uselessness without the fee being accounted for.

In that case it's a little harsh to blame him for our stupidity, still I'm sure he'll do plenty enough to convince of his uselessness without the fee being accounted for.

Oh aye, don't get me wrong - he's useless. But the fact someone paid £1,000,000 for him just makes his uselessness stand out even more. And the uselessness of the Everton scouting system as well obviously! :rolleyes:

getting the scout sacked who recommended Moyes spend £1 million on him,

Jings, that explains a few things then.

I think the potential seems to be there for him to become a decent player for us. He seems strong on the ball and to be fair to the guy, by the sounds of it his fitness was woeful when he arrived here. Hopefully all he needs is a bit more match sharpness.

Ruddy has been,for the most part,excellent. Looks a proper 'keeper. I'd be delighted if we can keep him,even if it's just for the duration of this season.

Jutkiewicz has been poor. Slow and cumbersome on the ball. The only positives are that he keeps showing for the ball and has a reasonable presence. His hold up play has been OK at times and well,he scored the winner yesterday so should get a bit a slack for the next couple of games.

Being a bit unfair on the big guy in my opinion, at least he looks to get the ball played to him and can actually hold the ball up for a bit giving the other guys a chance to get up the park. He is also able to make the simple lay off pass without giving the ball away, something Sutton finds nearly impossible without falling down.

If his fitness was as bad as Gannon says that it was then, hopefully, as his fitness improves we will find out what he has to offer. I know that he is a different type of player than Sutton but Jutkiewicz's mobility gives us an added dimension and physical presence that we didn't have.

Oh and Ruddy, apart from last week has been top, I sure as feck wouldn't mess with him when he is going for the ball, or in the pub for that matter.

Have to say that Ruddy does look pretty good but don't think he'll ever threaten Everton's first team. Good but not brilliant. On early showing maybe our best keeper since Sieb but more inconsistent and a prone to mad moments.

Big Sieb had his moments !!

Ruddy - made a couple of mistakes but on the whole steady

Jutkiewitz - had some good moments but on the whole poor. Obviously been lacking confidence as you could see from some of the decisions he has made in some games to pass rather than shoot. Hopefully yesterday's goal will instil some belief in him to go on a run and prove himself.

For now would keep Ruddy and send Jutkiewitz back in January.

Can I ask you Everton how many times Lucas Jutkiewitz has played 90 minutes for you in the past 2 years?

Based on what we've seen of him, I'd be very surprised if he's been near the Everton bench for any league ties, although I do remember reading something about him making a sub appearance in a Europa League tie (I assume against some diddy mob).

I wouldn't hold your breath about him being EVER fully fit. He struggled with a 'mystery ailment' whilst with Plymouth, and they couldn't use him for most of his loan there (lucky them).

He's played 90 a few times in pre season for us, as our pre season games are usually a reserve side with 4 or 5 first team players with the rest injured. He scored twice once, but did fuck all any other times. I'd say he played about 8 pre season games with us over the last 2 years, and a 3 minute spell against Sunderland last December.

Frankly Yakubu, Jo, Saha, Anichebe, Vaughan are clearly far better players. And last season when ALL of our strikers were injured except Jutkieiwcz and 16 year olds, Moyes played Cahill and fellaini up front rather than play Lucas. We actually played 4-6-0 rather than play him, he has no future here and will be released in July unless we can convince someone to take him before then.

He wouldn't cost Motherwell anywhere near £1 million now, we'd probably give him for free just to be rid of him off the wage bill.

We need to give the guy a chance and get him fully match fit and sharp. Certainly he won us 2 points on Saturday.

Yes I would agree with that. His ball control is not the best but as someone said earlier at least he wants to get the ball played into him and he does pull defenders too him which makes space for others. Ruddy however is a steal if we can get him. He is one of the best keepers we have had in years. Don't think we can afford him though unfortunately unless Everton are generous. ^_^

If both are that far out of the picture at Goodison then then surely getting them off the wage bill would be advantageous? No-one will pay what Everton shelled out on them previously so maybe Moyes will want to cut his losses.

I'd take Ruddy in a heartbeat, but I need to see more of Jutkiewicz to make a proper judgement, although clearly he needs to improve on what he's shown so far.

Ruddy is a different matter to Lucas entirely. He is rated very highly by our coaching staff, and we were/are hoping he will take over from carlo nash as our number two when he hangs up his boots.

Having said that, I believe you have a fee agreed to keep him already?

Which if your willing to pay then I expect he'd jump at the chance to be number 1 up there than hope to become our number 2 in 18 months time.

Regardless of whether you would be willing to pay whatever fee is agreed though, I expect Moyes would be eager for him to get more loan time so I expect at the very least you'll keep him for the rest of the season.

I still have hopes he'll make it at Goodison though, certainly better than Turner who seems hopeless yet used to be ahead of Ruddy in the pecking order till he gifted United a 4-2 win when we were 2-0 up, can't see Turner ever playing for us again after that. it's very rare we hate one of our own players with such passion

Ruddy looks like a good goalkeeper in the making. Has made couple of errors but then that's the perils of being a goalkeeper.

I personally like Jutkiewicz. From the little first team action he's had I've liked what I've seen so far. He has good physical presence, strong in the air and likes to take the ball into his feet and lay it off for others. He's the type of player that can do well in the SPL. Last week against Hibs he was played wide right (why, you'd need to ask the manager) and he showed some nice touches but was clearly out of position.

Also, Jim Gannon said that the lad's fitness or rather lack of it, surprised him and that they were working to get him up to full match fitness. We need to give the lad a chance to settle. After ll he's come to a 'foreign' country with a different style of play to perhaps what he's been used to and yesterday was his first full 90 minutes and he scored the only goal of the game which turned out to be the winner.

Big Sieb had his moments !!

No doubt but my still admittedly early impression is that he is having a slighter higher ratio of dodgy moments and treble wonder save aside at Tannadice not going to be as generally impressive. Happy to be proved wrong and still pretty positive about him but just don't see him progressing to upper half EPL standard.

Do hope we at least get an extension to his loan, though maybe Graeme Smith will be looking for a wee loan spell come january? ^_^

As for Jutkiewitz I think he has shown potential to be a useful signing for us but much work needed. Hoping by January to see enough improvement that we want to keep him but he does have a lot of convincing to do. Should get plenty opportunity between now and then with only him and Sutton providing a physical presence up front. Don't see a future at Everton for him though, not enough stand out attributes.