Jutkiewicz And Ruddy

Everton

Based on what we've seen of him, I'd be very surprised if he's been near the Everton bench for any league ties, although I do remember reading something about him making a sub appearance in a Europa League tie (I assume against some diddy mob).

Yeah, think he featured for 5-10mins on a couple of occasions in the league, labout Christmas time last season. Mainly due to Everton being really short of numbers at that stage of the season.

Yeah, think he featured for 5-10mins on a couple of occasions in the league, labout Christmas time last season. Mainly due to Everton being really short of numbers at that stage of the season.

He only came on once for 3 minutes when we were 3-0 up against Sunderland at Christmas time ish. Despite us playing an 11 game spell without a fit striker except for him.

Ruddy is a different matter to Lucas entirely. He is rated very highly by our coaching staff, and we were/are hoping he will take over from carlo nash as our number two when he hangs up his boots.

Having said that, I believe you have a fee agreed to keep him already?

Which if your willing to pay then I expect he'd jump at the chance to be number 1 up there than hope to become our number 2 in 18 months time.

Regardless of whether you would be willing to pay whatever fee is agreed though, I expect Moyes would be eager for him to get more loan time so I expect at the very least you'll keep him for the rest of the season.

I still have hopes he'll make it at Goodison though, certainly better than Turner who seems hopeless yet used to be ahead of Ruddy in the pecking order till he gifted United a 4-2 win when we were 2-0 up, can't see Turner ever playing for us again after that. it's very rare we hate one of our own players with such passion

250,000 I read somewhere is the agreed price, but if we dont pay it (I doubt we will!) Turner might be an option, Scottish and always good on FM whenever I sign him! :cheers:

Interesting what the Everton fan says because he/she does have background knowledge on both players. Ruddy has been impressive and also has had moments of sheer madness. For a goalie that is a bit worrisome. Sure Sieb Dykstra had his moments, but he generally was sound.

Jutkiewic I have not seen any video or read reports, but he did score yesterday and we got 3 points.

To be honest, I don't think we should shelve out big money for either player. If they want to play for us then they can negotiate a reasonable contract. Better in the SPL than in the English 3rd division? Up to them really.

Interesting what the Everton fan says because he/she does have background knowledge on both players. Ruddy has been impressive and also has had moments of sheer madness. For a goalie that is a bit worrisome. Sure Sieb Dykstra had his moments, but he generally was sound.

Yeah but I think we've probably seen more of both players than 95% of Everton fans...

I would sign Ruddy if we could get him for £100K or less. £250K quoted is a little high, unless we sign him for 5 years and get a return after 2.

As for Jutkiewitz, I would sign him too. Watching him on Saturday, and he was left with no help at times. He was bringing the ball down, moving it left and right.... just for the midfield to be 20 yards behind the play.

We need to give the guy a chance and get him fully match fit and sharp. Certainly he won us 2 points on Saturday.

You do have to give the guy a chance, I'm mentioned it before but Chris Porter had a really slow start to his Motherwell career for example and he turned out a great buy.

However I think Chris Humphrey's deliver from the corner won us the 2 points as much if not more than Jutkiewicz predatory skills. He couldn't really NOT score.

You do have to give the guy a chance, I'm mentioned it before but Chris Porter had a really slow start to his Motherwell career for example and he turned out a great buy.

However I think Chris Humphrey's deliver from the corner won us the 2 points as much if not more than Jutkiewicz predatory skills. He couldn't really NOT score.

That's true. However how many goals scored on a Saturday are like that? In countless cases it's the delivery makes the goal and I know you're saying Juke needs time.

The fact that many need to wheel comments like that out show how grudgingly saying anything positive about the guy is viewed.

250,000 I read somewhere is the agreed price, but if we dont pay it (I doubt we will!) Turner might be an option, Scottish and always good on FM whenever I sign him! :doh:

I have heard that too but I have also heard he is out of contract in June so we could get him for a knock down price.

I don't think you've given him nearly enough credit for that goal. Watch the highlights again and tell me it's not a perfectly timed run from the back post(ish) area. He does well to lose the defender and his momentum allows him to attack the ball with more aggression than the 3 falkirk players around him. Put all that together and it ends up looking like an easy header.

250,000 I read somewhere is the agreed price, but if we dont pay it (I doubt we will!) Turner might be an option, Scottish and always good on FM whenever I sign him! :lol:

I have heard that too but I have also heard he is out of contract in June so we could get him for a knock down price.

Coming from an EPL club that is a knockdown price!

lukas got his goal on saturday because he wanted to win the ball more than anyone else in the box which is always good to see. if he continues to show that same desire i think he'll do well for us although i'm not sure how impressive any striker could look playing in our team right now.

and as i remember it porter had a cracking debut at love street and it was obvious from the off that he was a class act.

lukas got his goal on saturday because he wanted to win the ball more than anyone else in the box which is always good to see. if he continues to show that same desire i think he'll do well for us although i'm not sure how impressive any striker could look playing in our team right now.

and as i remember it porter had a cracking debut at love street and it was obvious from the off that he was a class act.

Must be a different Chris Porter we're talking about. The guy was a brilliant servant in his short time. however it took him a wee while to get going.

Must be a different Chris Porter we're talking about. The guy was a brilliant servant in his short time. however it took him a wee while to get going.

nope same guy. as i remember coming out of love street really pleased at his performance. his link up play and ability to hold the ball up that day were excellent and i was certain we had signed a player a cut above the average spl player. he didn't set the heather alight right away but i remember thinking it was madness to drop him to play clarky, rossco and mcgarry up front against hearts on the monday.

it's just a shame all the posts from pre nov 2008 have been deleted or i could back it up. there are lot of threads about mark mcghee, paul quinn, clarky and other subjects that would be interesting to look at now as well. revisionism is rife on here and mistakes are doomed to be repeated.