Motherwell Strips Fom 1935-2006

dazamfc

It doesn't exist as he doesn't know the difference between claret and amber. I think he means the one that was mainly white with black panels on the side, with a wee claret line down it. Fairly sure it was Xara and Motorola.

Oh but it does, what about the Pony one with two white hoops, belter of a top that yin. And it had C&A trim :P

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to agree that I really like this year's Canterbury strips, though I am not 100% sure of the pink goalie strip, still it might grow on me. But I liked the Anglian one two seasons ago - I've got the away one but never managed to get the home one yet. But I'll keep working on it.

Can't really remember one that I totally didn't like.

The Zoom kit is by far the worst 'Well home strip we've had the misfortune to set eyes upon. As for aways, I've never liked any black 'Well kit nor the Eliphas Shivute day-glo number.

Can't think of another home top I didn't like. The Jester was a bit of a surprise but not too bad and the '92-'93 home top was a lot closer to orange than I'd like. Still bought both of them though.

Best away strips: '90-'91 white Ian Skelly and '07-'08 white Anglian.

Just curious but why strips from 1935-2006? :unsure:

Anyway my favourite Well top has to be the classic 60's hooped shirt. This is as pure a Well top as you can get. No logos, no fancy stitching or odd shaped collars. I would love to see this shirt get the Umbro tailored treatment, now that would be a truly great shirt.

2l9sguw.jpg

My favourite away would probably be our 70's white with claret and amber sash top.

2ywtk5s.jpg

The Zoom kit is by far the worst 'Well home strip we've had the misfortune to set eyes upon. As for aways, I've never liked any black 'Well kit nor the Eliphas Shivute day-glo number.

Can't think of another home top I didn't like. The Jester was a bit of a surprise but not too bad and the '92-'93 home top was a lot closer to orange than I'd like. Still bought both of them though.

Best away strips: '90-'91 white Ian Skelly and '07-'08 white Anglian.

And there's another recent pet hate of mine, remembering strips by their sponsors logo. D'you mean the Admiral and Bukta ones? :unsure:

my favourite shirt is the hooped pony one from the coyne era mid ninties i think ive got a long sleeved one somewhere and the worst in my opinion that i had the pleasure of never seeing was the all amber well more yellow one from the 70's

Nowhere near the worst that one, Jester outfit, Zoom with white background and blue trim, nondescript Xara from early 200s to name but 3 that easily outstrip that. Outside of the hooped jerseys and Wullie P's Sash design the plain one you speak of is probably my favourite.

Nowhere near the worst that one, Jester outfit, Zoom with white background and blue trim, nondescript Xara from early 200s to name but 3 that easily outstrip that. Outside of the hooped jerseys and Wullie P's Sash design the plain one you speak of is probably my favourite.

That's a pet hate of mine, remembering strips by their sponsors logo. :(

:woop:

motherwell-away-shirt-1992-to-1994-s_2009_1_0x80.jpg

mixed memories of this one. mind getting a bj from my girlfriend at the time and she was wearing it. she looked a bit like jim griffen. fell out the next week.

B-) Nearly spat my Pot Noodle over the lap top there! Cheers

Not really the football shirt type, but I've bought the new away top this year, last top I bought before that was a Xara/Untouchables number

motherwell-away-shirt-1992-to-1994-s_2009_1_0x80.jpg

mixed memories of this one. mind getting a bj from my girlfriend at the time and she was wearing it. she looked a bit like jim griffen. fell out the next week.

Did you fall out because

a. She gave you a BJ whilst wearing top

or

b. She looked like Jim Griffin

forgot or

c. She did not swallow and it dribble all over the strip :lol:

Anyway my favourite Well top has to be the classic 60's hooped shirt. This is as pure a Well top as you can get. No logos, no fancy stitching or odd shaped collars. I would love to see this shirt get the Umbro tailored treatment, now that would be a truly great shirt.

2l9sguw.jpg

My favourite away would probably be our 70's white with claret and amber sash top.

2ywtk5s.jpg

Agreed. Love the Umbro tailored kits. How about someone that's handy with photoshop has a go at recreating the away kit using this?

3864873714_917e4d0f24.jpg

3864880908_aeeef36bd7.jpg

Just curious but why strips from 1935-2006? :thumbup:

2l9sguw.jpg

2ywtk5s.jpg

Absolutely spot on. Those were the days you could pick out Motherwell in a black and white photo easy.