Celtic V Motherwell

Rickoza

Aye, I was there today. Good turnout from the 'Well fans and we once again easily outsung the hordes around us. 58,000??!?!!? Usual crap, loads of empty seats in the home areas. I know they count season ticket holders, time to change that and only count those who actually turn up.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the concerns about our cutting edge up front, but I think JG got his priorities right. The defence had been a bit of a bombscare and he has obviously worked to address that. With a bit of solidity at the back now we can focus a bit more on fixing the striking issues in the coming weeks.

How many Clean sheets so far this season ?

Mr Gannon is doing a fantatic job. We'll click up front soon and absolutely hump someone ** Prays it's the Jambos **

No doubt about it. He's only a couple of months into the job but he's already demonstrating his abilities. He's building a new team which is already capable of holding its own against anyone in the league, and doubtless he will make further progress in the months ahead.

right good supporrt today even with the game bejng online. whoever said they wouldn't give celtic any money is a fucking clown we paid 22 quid which is the same as you'll pay for any away game and it was well worth it to support the lads to a great result.

gannon got everything right today. he did exactly what he did against falkirk. that formation is perfect for playing the OF against other teams we need more up top.

Am amazed no one has mentioned the stone waller we were denied today when the Duke was held down by Caldwell (I think) mid way through the second half.

Never going to get it a Parkhead at 0-0 but still a pen IMHO

Great performance today and good to Forbes back on form.

Hope we get Viewtoakil signed up permanently - absolutely awesome.

How many Clean sheets so far this season ?

5 clean sheets in 9 competitive games (excluding europe). No bad!

Think the players were under strict orders not to lunge in today. Meant for some tense moments when I was wondering when anyone was gonnay stick a leg in but the tactic worked, despite Celtics 25 shots we eventually crowded them out nearly every time meaning that they could only get half arsed fluffers in. Also means we've been giving away very few fouls the last few games.

Am amazed no one has mentioned the stone waller we were denied today when the Duke was held down by Caldwell (I think) mid way through the second half.

Never going to get it a Parkhead at 0-0 but still a pen IMHO

Tbf at first look I didn't think it was a penalty. Of course on the replay you could clearly see it, but referees don't get replays. Also the Duke never really complained, looked disappointed but got up and got on with it.

From where I was sitting I thought he had just fell over caldwell who was already on the deck. Would have been a very soft pentaly IMO but I'd need to see the replay to see if he gets held or no.

I know they count season ticket holders, time to change that and only count those who actually turn up.

What's probably going on is that they count the seasons on a "week-to-week" basis and pay the VAT the same way. That way, they bank the interest from the season ticket VAT payments over the course of the season. Given the numbers involved, it's worth their while to do so.

I understand the concerns about our cutting edge up front, but I think JG got his priorities right. The defence had been a bit of a bombscare and he has obviously worked to address that. With a bit of solidity at the back now we can focus a bit more on fixing the striking issues in the coming weeks.

yeah not a complaint as such, leastaways not while we are generally picking up results. Just an observation and reckon we will hit our stride in front of goal sooner or later.

5 clean sheets in 9 competitive games (excluding europe). No bad!

Think the players were under strict orders not to lunge in today. Meant for some tense moments when I was wondering when anyone was gonnay stick a leg in but the tactic worked, despite Celtics 25 shots we eventually crowded them out nearly every time meaning that they could only get half arsed fluffers in. Also means we've been giving away very few fouls the last few games.

I watched the full game and don't believe for a second that Celtic had 25 shots. I also heard Mowbray waffling on about having 15 shots on target. He must have been watching a different game from me.

I watched the full game and don't believe for a second that Celtic had 25 shots. I also heard Mowbray waffling on about having 15 shots on target. He must have been watching a different game from me.

bbc have got 21 shots, 9 on target.

from our point of view it doesn't matter anyway they missed three or four great chances. we had the luck today, fuck them.

They can bleat all they want about shots and present all the stats they like, but the facts are that we played well as a team and for me deserved our point. Defensively we were awesome and its great to see how Saunders and Forbes have grown as players this year.

As a team we showed fantastic discipline and organisation, and weren't afraid to get on the ball and make passes. Our composure was fantastic, however we at times put ourselves under pressure by conceding cheap possession in bad areas. Thankfully we stopped that in the second half and were solid throughout.

Going forward we didn't create very much, and for me we failed to utilise the pace of Humphrey and Murphy effectively enough. A few balls played in behind could've got us some joy, but everything was to feet all the time. Still it was a good showing all round and the point is a great one.

Well done lads, not forgetting Jimbo too who has proven himself to be a very shrewd operator.

Lets go,

Ruddy, Outstanding as usual.

Yassin, Great play, looked tired early one, crossing needs worked on.

Saunders, Brilliant

Reynolds, Brilliant so calm and aware for his age.

Hammell, Glad to see he recovered from his knock.

Humphrey, good performance, is getting there. Some brilliant tracking back in the second half.

Coke, Such an antagoniser in the middle of the park, everyone comes in small doses though, needs to be more direct.

Hateley, The such a passer of the ball, made us look world class at times.

Forbes, Made Brown look amateur, enough said.

Murphy, most frustrating player in a well jersey, more awareness and the boy could be world class.

Juke, Did a great job today, was unlucky not to score or win a penalty.

Halsman, looks a good prospect, comfortable on the ball.

Sutton, didnt have anything to do.

Jennings, felt he should have been introduced earlier, would have loved to see him tussle with Brown.

Think the way we controlled the game at times was outstanding. Missed the directness of O'Brien though.