Centre Of Defence

lennyhenry

Having gone from centre backs being one of the main worries in the team, i now think that we have a number of good players that can play in the position. IMO craigan has been a brilliant servant to the club, but Saunders, Reynolds and Hutchinson are all ahead of him at the moment in the pecking order.

Who would your first choice pairing be from a fully fit squad?

seems that reynolds is gannons first pick tbh . i'm sure ill be corrected but i'm pretty sure he's played every game in the league at cb this year

he started in midfield against st johnstone and aberdeen and at left back against kilmarnock.

centrehalf is definitely his best position though.

As much as i like Craigan, i wouldn't have him near the team if you're leaving Saunders on Hutchy on the sidelines. Fair does when it comes to experiance and the likes but look how well Reynolds and Saunders coped yesterday. Craigan can be a bit of a bombscare at times, he showed that against Falkirk.

Craigan can be a bit of a bombscare at times, he showed that against Falkirk.

Exactly how did he do that?

I'm a huge Stephen Craigan fan myself, but having an embarassment of riches is a good thing. Right now Reynolds and Saunders don't deserved dropped, but there will be games where Craigan will be of use. It's too close to call for first choice.

Craigan was excellent against Falkirk!!!

I thought Reynolds when asked to defend yesterday was fantastic, unfortunately his distribution at times was worse than Craigans. The amount of times as easy pass to Hammell was on and he choose to put it up the middle (sometime along the ground) for Robson/Maloney/Brown to pick up was a worry. Although like I said his defending was excellent and seems to have learned from last season.

Although look at Reynolds - last two seasons he has been caught a lot, and I think when we're working with Saunders (who again was excellent yesterday, and put his body on the line) and Hutchison we need to remember they're still teenagers - so Craigan will be required to steer them on.

Wellfan1984- couldn't have put it better myself. Reynolds main assets for me are pace and reading of the game, I don't think he'd be as good if he didn't have those two. I think letting Craigan go anytime soon would be nuts. I think if nothing else, the advice he will pass on to the others is beneficial.

I think Craigan and Reynolds or Craigan and Hutchison. I mean you don't play so many international games as Craigan has if you are not a good player. But I agree it is a good situation having a choice of players. Now need to get into the same situation with strikers so they have a bit of competition for a place too.