3 Points Or A Semi Final Place

wellfan29

I think one team will win both and I just hope it's us!! I'd be pretty pissed off to lose either to be honest and as our record against St Mirren is far from convincing I'm bracing myself for defeat in at least one of the two games,

Hard to decide, but cup game it is as semi finals (despite the numerous great opportunities we've had in recent years) are few and far between.

If we were guaranteed a win on the cup then I'd settle for a draw on Saturday, we can make up the extra points over the next few weeks, but once you're out the cup that's it.

CUP , no bother. Remember Fitzpatrick's winner at Easter Road. Best game in the last 10 years.

Aye, once you'd got past all the flying bricks and Hearts casuals on the walk up from Leith Links....

That was a wild night. I saw one mental case, not sure if it was one of ours or one of there's squaring up to a Edinburgh bus in the middle of the road throwing punches at the windscreen.

the final last time was such a let down i think if we were to make it again i'd be so wary of getting pumped again i wouldn't really be able to enjoy it. a lot of my caution relating to the well can probably be tracked back to that game, we had a month of unbridled optimism shattered inside five minutes.

I want both!!

Sorry if it's against the question of the thread, but I'm a greedy bar stweard.

And in all fairness if we can't be the Midden both times we should maybe rethink our ambitions for this year as I think they are one of the weekest teams in the league riding right now on a bit of good fortune.

.....just hope I don't regert that statement. :)

Just remember the CIS cup is a diddy cup. It means nothing as it doesnt qualify for Europe anymore. The extra revenue would be a benefit but the League is most important. If we won the cup fair doos but its not that great. Rather win the Scottish cup if any.

Just remember the CIS cup is a diddy cup. It means nothing as it doesnt qualify for Europe anymore. The extra revenue would be a benefit but the League is most important. If we won the cup fair doos but its not that great. Rather win the Scottish cup if any.

So you won't be at Hampden if we get to the final? You won't have the biggest hangover ever the next day if we win the damn thing? You won't go in to work with no voice ? You won't be one of the happiest men alive when Stephen Craigan lifts that diddy trophy over his head in his testimonial year? That won't even bring a little tear to your eye?

Who cares if it gets us into Europe? Europe should be for consistent league performances anyway.

The League Cup is one of 2 pieces of silverware we have a chance of winning. If it was that diddy, we'd be winning it more often.

Exactly. A cup we have won once and only been to the final of three times in our long history is hardly diddy!!

The old lanarkshire cup on the current renfrewshire cup that is practically won by the same team every year by only playing a few rounds is diddy - that's why the league cup is diddy to the old firm - not us though.

'Mon the 'Well - let's get to the semis!!!