St Mirren V Motherwell; League Game

WellTiliDie

Good last 20 minutes. The team only seem to develop some bite when going behind.

The Juke was brilliant, won every other ball that was punted up the park.

Ruddy's passing was brilliant.

Saunders went off after headering Mehmet instead of the ball in the box. Hope he's ok.

Humphrey is a bit too blinkered.

All in all, considering how well Midden played, a draw was a great result.

Did St Midden give you anything for your half time entertainment slot ?

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Motherwell manager Jim Gannon:

"I'm disappointed with myself and the way the team approached the game. "Before I look at the players I look at whether there are lessons to be learned.

"It wasn't an inquest, it's just that this is a game probably more than any other game we have got a lot to learn from.

"It was fortunate that we got the second goal when we did but the game was far from over at that point and it instilled a bit of life in our players. I think the substitutes gave us a little bit extra."

I just love how honest this guy is and how he's got the balls to admit when he gets things wrong

Was refreshing the BBC web page every three seconds at the end!

To score 3 goals away from home against a in form St Mirren side is a good result in my book.

They have been our bogey team for a few years now and as much as we hate them Gus McPherson knows how to play to his teams strengths. And now that they have some creative players in the squad and are scoring goals it wouldn't suprise me if they make the top six or there abouts.

As for us, well looks like the Duke is starting to find some form. We seem (apart from today) quite solid at the back and hopefully are starting to create more chances up top so all in all good news.

If someone told me after the Llanelli game we would be in the Quarter Finals of the CIS and played 9 in the SPL and only lost once I would have laughed in their face and called them mental!

Oh how far we have come!

They have been our bogey team for a few years now and as much as we hate them Gus McPherson knows how to play to his teams strengths. And now that they have some creative players in the squad and are scoring goals it wouldn't suprise me if they make the top six or there abouts.

If that lot make the top six, I'd consider calling time on football.

We left early and still missed the first 20 mins was a complete disaster on the roads. When you consider we were back in the house for half 5 it just makes it even more rediculous!

As for the game I thought St Miren had obviously done their homework and shut us down superbly all over the pitch. I was a bit concerned at our lack of a plan B at times and if it wasn't for a terrible decision to give us a penalty I couldn't see us getting back in the game.

Although I thought we were poor in general today I just don't think we look as solid at the back with Craigan in the middle. We won feck all in the air yesterday. I would agree with what folks have said about Forbes too, he needs a rocket up his arse at times.

Special mention for Lucas took his goals well! Hopefully set him off on a good run.

Care to enlighten us on your opinion? -_-

Sure, considering some of the coverage of yesterdays match. Easily entertained you lot must be... I would take the closing down of players as a basic, it's apparently turned your lot into an attacking force! As daft an ideal as Falkirk being a 'footballing' side the past few seasons. Then we have the majority route one, but, hey, that's now creativity? Don't get me started on the questionable tactics to snuff out O'Brien... how many tackles from behind, playing the player and not ball yesterday?

I'd have been happy to preserve our unbeaten away form pre-match yesterday as (even at 3-1 down I felt we were onto at least a point) St Midden have been picking up points in a similar fashion without the plaudits we have had come our way and as others have struggled below, this early into the season both outfits look relatively safe from any dogfight likely to blight our near neighbours. Millions more to come from ourselves and yet doubtful of securing top six as we are definitely in the early throws of a work in progress, can anybody at St Midden really say the same?

Sure, considering some of the coverage of yesterdays match. Easily entertained you lot must be... I would take the closing down of players as a basic, it's apparently turned your lot into an attacking force! As daft an ideal as Falkirk being a 'footballing' side the past few seasons. Then we have the majority route one, but, hey, that's now creativity? Don't get me started on the questionable tactics to snuff out O'Brien... how many tackles from behind, playing the player and not ball yesterday?

I'd have been happy to preserve our unbeaten away form pre-match yesterday as (even at 3-1 down I felt we were onto at least a point) St Midden have been picking up points in a similar fashion without the plaudits we have had come our way and as others have struggled below, this early into the season both outfits look relatively safe from any dogfight likely to blight our near neighbours. Millions more to come from ourselves and yet doubtful of securing top six as we are definitely in the early throws of a work in progress, can anybody at St Midden really say the same?

Good explanation. It pains me to say I pretty much agree although you have shown a level of consistancy that we have not. This recent run of form from ourselves was matched last season at one point but we still only escaped the drop by a goal or two.

If we manage to maintain this form I will be a happy man, at this stage, I'm still uncertain that we have turned into a safe team although being stuck in the bottom 6 did make life exciting last season.

Onto Tuesdays game, find it hard to believe it will have the same excitement, probably 0-0. -_-

What was the penalty for?

Match reports claiming a hand ball (which I cannot see). I thought it would have been for the Jim O'Brien incident. My St Mirren supporting mate is adamant that it wasnt a penalty and that Hugh Murray got the ball, but, to be honest you cannot categorically say it was or wasn't.

There is a very quick clip from a single angle, and the ref is also in the way. Only the ref knows if it was or wasn't.

What was the penalty for?

Match reports claiming a hand ball (which I cannot see). I thought it would have been for the Jim O'Brien incident. My St Mirren supporting mate is adamant that it wasnt a penalty and that Hugh Murray got the ball, but, to be honest you cannot categorically say it was or wasn't.

There is a very quick clip from a single angle, and the ref is also in the way. Only the ref knows if it was or wasn't.

You having a giggle?? Take the hair out your eyes and watch the highlights again. Handball:

w01idd.jpg

Clear pen:

2a8npm8.jpg

That added to the fact the Murray played NONE of the ball as O'Brien flicked it over towards Reynolds. Blatant.

Did you even give it another watch?? Clear penalty. Not even 1, but 2. Yet you can't see either??

At the time of it i thought the tackle was made outside the box but that clearly shows it was inside. Pictures are inconclusive though showing whether he got the ball or not.

That prick of a ball boy will be getting pelters on tuesday night if he's there again, the wee c**t was mouthing off to the fans at the end of the game as well.

Neither the hand ball or Murray's tackle were pens in a million years. From where we were sitting (in the second row on that side of the pitch) the hand ball looked accidental and Murray clearly won the ball. What sealed it was the reaction of the St Mirren players... they were fecking raging!

Oh and to the junkie ball boy/man... you no a bit old still to be doing this. Gae the weans a chance FFS!

Highlights

How St Midden can say that isn't a penalty, I have no idea. Should have had another pen if Jutkiewicz hadn't scored our second...

See our third goal? Watch that over and over ya wee junky timewasting prick of a ball-boy. GIRUY

You should have gone to Specsavers, and your right, you don't have an idea. :doh::lol::lol:

You best go and tell your wee buddie (no pun intended) on the Pie and Bovril to go to spec savers too 'cause he thought it was.

For me, you can't tell, the angle is shit and you can't see one way or another if its 1) a hand ball or 2) a foul on O'Brien.

Ooh well... looking forward to Tuesday already. Lets hope we've learned our lesson.