Gannon To Brighton?.....

CheshireCat

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard murmurs from within football that approaches have been made from a couple of clubs and indeed talks are permitted

He might very well leave, for very many reasons that many seem to have ignored like family,friends etc and even for ambition tied in with factors like these.

He seems the type to be loyal to those he has made promises too, but likewise the sort that will have no qualms about shafting those that have crossed him ( in his eyes)

he has been proven to be a very focussed individual, and if the approaches were made I'd expect him to talk things through especially if it is with people that he may have told to come back to him if things were different but I'd also expect him to take a balanced view on it all.

He continues to operate like he'll be here for the duration, professionally unlike others, and as such we can only hope that he does hang around to fulfill what could be a fine destiny before moving on.

I'm not one to throw rumours around, or indeed fan the flames, (although it could be argued I'm about to...) but I've heard from numerous sources including people at a trust meeting last night that he has been down to Brighton for an interview and wasn't on the team bus on Saturday amongst other things. Read into that what you will. Slighly worrying, but could just be pish. Hopefully....

Would that be the Scottish Sun? Another few lines taken up to avoid calling Shellic fans exactly what they are. Conveniently enough a club doing okay under their new gaffer and taking points off the Old Firm. Conspiracies, conspiracies B-)

Would you honestly believe anything you read in the Sun? But seriously, JG Doesn't seem like the type of guy who will move as frequently as what McGhee does. And if he was going to move for family reasons as was suggested in an earlier post, I don't think it would be to Brighton as that is further from Cheshire than here (and he would have some of the worst traffic around London to get through on the way there). Anyway I'm pretty sure his family are up here too.

I've heard from numerous sources including people at a trust meeting last night that he has been down to Brighton for an interview

I have heard those rumours as well. No smoke without fire as they say.

God I hope it's all pish. B-)

Last thing we need is to find another manager (Mind you Jimmy Calderwoodstain is available at a moments notice) :O .

i think if he has indeed been for an interview (i'm not convinced) then Gannon is the sort of guy who would sit down with others to talk it through. maybe a wee bit of reassurance from JB that he'll have some money to bring in players in January will help swing it for him.

I think our tendency to jump the gun a bit on these matters is partially because of the way Mutley whored himself to the media for any and every job that became available. Gannon is always going on about his long term plan and, from his previous, I see no reason to doubt the man's determination to fulfil his project.

Still, it is unsettling! B-)

I'm not one to throw rumours around, or indeed fan the flames, (although it could be argued I'm about to...) but I've heard from numerous sources including people at a trust meeting last night that he has been down to Brighton for an interview and wasn't on the team bus on Saturday amongst other things. Read into that what you will. Slighly worrying, but could just be pish. Hopefully....

As I'm led to believe, this definately happened - on Wednesday last week. Hence why yesterday afternoon I posted that there may be more to this than the Crewe approach, but didn't want to be shot down for posting it first.

It's also been suggested to me that he is operating on a rolling contract.

Many have suggested Brighton is a step down, and I agree. But with this new money man in charge there are funds to be played with and the club has huge ambitions.

If offered the position, I believe he will go....

But I'm sure he isn't the only candidate to be interviewed, so we can just hope that someone impresses more!

A month to month contract?!?! That's mental if you ask me.

If Gannon did attend an interview last week, that doesn't send out a good vibe to me. Only here 5 minutes and courting other positions already. McGhee was slaughtered (and rightly so) for similar actions.

As I'm led to believe, this definately happened - on Wdnesday last week. Hence why yesterday afternoon I posted that there may be more to this than the Crewe approach, but didn't want to be shot down for posting it first.

Is also been suggested to me that he is operating on a rolling contract.

For what its worth this is pretty much what I have heard from the Brighton end.

Have tried to stick to what has been reported, rather than speculate, but it seems that the obstacle to him joining Brighton last time has been removed, and that the financial backing of the new Chairman must be attractive to an ambitious manager.

Brighton is certainly not the club McGhee left behind... the building of the new stadium, and the potential of a huge catchment area for supporters etc means that Brighton should not (fingers crossed) be the next Gretna!

If this is true (and it's a big if), then Gannon is coming across as a bit of a c**t, using us like that.

I have mixed feelings on this - if we have agreed to only provide him with a month's security on a rolling basis then I feel that he is entitled to do the best for himself and his family (I would in his shoes).

That said, if the rolling contract is at the instigation of Gannon, then I think the club may well have been a little naive if they did not secure some assurances on a minimum term of commitment from the manager.

As you say though - its all ifs!

I don't remember reading anywhere that it was a month to month contract when Gannon was appointed? Where is the logic in that from a Motherwell perspective? Can anyone confirm this is indeed the case? Would certainly go a long way to explaining why a lot of players are only on 1 year deals!

I don't know what type of contract he's on - can't remember it being reported at the time.

I do remember that Motherwell announced he had joined, ahead of him officially joining, stating that a few legal technicalities had to be tied up. I imagine Gannon worked hard to get most of the clauses built in to his contract.

Remember the discussions at the time as well that Gannon also tied in a % of transfer fees of players he develops.

Lots of talk however about his loyalty and that being one of his major attributes. Although that may have been tested by the way he left Stockport. i.e. he may not be as loyal from now on in.

My personal opinion based on the way he appears to operate is that I'd be surprised if he left. I'd also be very disappointed as Gannon 'the person' has impressed me since he arrived.

However with the start he's had I'm not surprised he's attracting attention.

Not a lot in the press. the media in Brighton appear to be favouring the scattergun approach and the Southend manager is now favourite (to them).

I don't remember reading anywhere that it was a month to month contract when Gannon was appointed? Where is the logic in that from a Motherwell perspective? Can anyone confirm this is indeed the case? Would certainly go a long way to explaining why a lot of players are only on 1 year deals!

Yeah I was thinking that too. Does anyone remember if anything was said regarding Gannon's contract when he first arrived? It would be a very strange set up indeed if that was true as I don't understand why he would be offered such a deal. Or is there more to this? Did Gannon insist on a contract of that nature before agreeing to join us?

Anyway it is all just speculation and rumours just now, but it's worrying all the same. I accept that we are a stepping stone club for players and managers but it would be very disappointing to lose Gannon at this stage, especially as he has made such a good start with us and it would be made even worse if these 'rumours' about his contract situation were true as that would just be taking the piss.

I'd like to think from what i've seen of Gannon that he wont leave the club after four and a bit months. Hopefully just rumour flying about. He comes across as an intelligent, commited individual who appears to be in it for the longish haul.

Hopefully the man himself will surface this week at somepoint with his thoughts on Saturdays game!