Gannon To Brighton?.....

CheshireCat

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a lot in the press. the media in Brighton appear to be favouring the scattergun approach and the Southend manager is now favourite (to them).

The Argus used to get an inside line from the old Chairman - that no longer seems to be the case with the new guy...

Latest murmurs that I had heard indicated that Gus Poyet was in line to be offered the job - but just seen that the local press have published an article to that effect, so assume Poyet is now out of the running.

I haven't seen anybody arguing with you my fellow Shottsonian

I know....but thought my wording of my post was a little confusing as milo and gazzyb were casting ifs and butts. Just trying to make it clear that he has been for this meeting/interview at Brighton - can'r convince me otherwise - and now its a matter of will they or won't they offer him the position, and will we or won't we be able to entice him to stay should that happen.

Was Gannon whoring himself all over the press?

Would you grudge anyone trying to find a better job for themselves?

No you can't, and I don't.

But I wonder how much it has to do with the situation he is in at the club with a rolling contract, clauses, etc. I would hope that in light of this recent event the club will strive to tie Gannon up on a more securing contract - similar to the one Mutley was on that saw us get £200k in compensation.

On the whole I'm delighted. But I worry a little that this will just be the first of many approaches from England for Gannon.

EDIT: Just thinking, I wonder what Gannon's reaction is to missing out the job? Disappointment? Maybe he was approached rather than applied - probably more likely I believe. But he had to agree to an interview....

Was Gannon whoring himself all over the press?

Please show me where I said he was whoring himself all over the press?

By 'recent behaviour' I meant his interview regarding players not earning their wages, him allegedly not being on the team bus, the alleged interview in Brighton on Wednesday & his refusal to speak to the media on Saturday. I just find it all a bit unusual.

The refusal to speak to the media is fine, he was pissed off about the performance, 60 mins against 10 men and only scraping a draw, perhaps he felt what he had to say should be said behind closed doors.

Who said he went to Brighton? Whose to say they didn't travel up here to meet with him?

We've been made paranoid with McGhee's whoring, Gannon is not McGhee.

The refusal to speak to the media is fine, he was pissed off about the performance, 60 mins against 10 men and only scraping a draw, perhaps he felt what he had to say should be said behind closed doors.

Who said he went to Brighton? Whose to say they didn't travel up here to meet with him?

We've been made paranoid with McGhee's whoring, Gannon is not McGhee.

Precisely, everything mentioned on this thread is complete hearsay and total speculation.

Like you say, he refused due to the inept performance despite having a numerical advantage for the majority of the game. He also would not have wanted to incriminate himself by slaughtering the referee (Craig Thomson) on Public Radio - not that I thought Thomson's performance was particularly bad (certainly no worse than the horrific refereeing display against Hearts last season at FP). That and he was certainly annoyed at some of the comments made from the BBC, prior to kick-off - and yes he refused to speak to them - well so does Alex Ferguson. I am sure Man United fans aren't questioning SAF's "hidden agenda"..

So, far there has been no mention from Motherwell, Gannon nor Brighton about talks being held. It was two newspaper stories that were probably recycled his name from previous managerial searches and assumed he'd be approached again this time around. And well since when did we ever believe anything from The Sun?

And well, if he wasn't on the team-bus on the way to New Douglas Park (still just speculation - nothing to back this up with bar a couple of rumours). Then is that such a big deal? He was there to orchestrate the team-talk prior to the match, speak to the media pre-match, there for the game, made his tactical changes at the break (albeit with hindsight were poor decisions). Clearly we have a relaxed system about travel to/from matches, afterall Las and Sutton were both spotted right after the Full Time whistle travelling back themselves from Parkhead the other week.

:ph34r::ph34r:

Don't see the problem with Gannon not travelling on the team bus to Accies on Saturday.

Was it not quoted on here that he was living in Hamilton at present ??

If so why would he go over to Motherwell to travel back across the Clyde on the team bus ??

Keep the faith.

I think Mr Gannon will be here for a reasonable length of time to see what he can achieve with a good bunch of talented young players.

His CV will look a lot better to prospective employers if he can keep the Dossers in the position thay are in just now given the situation when he took over.

If true and Ive no reason to doubt anyone, Jim Gannon less than six months into his contract going to be interviewed for another job leaves me :ph34r: .

Maybe it was a gentlemans agreement that he would at least discuss the job with them, should the position come up in the future and Gannon has turned the job down. Maybe he went down to personally tell them he wasn't interested. Maybe due to him being a relative unknown John Boyle would only offer him a rolling monthly contract and Gannon is looking for some job security.

All of that is complete speculation but I don't think we know enough about the situation to make judgements either way.

Maybe it was a gentlemans agreement that he would at least discuss the job with them, should the position come up in the future and Gannon has turned the job down.

That's a very good possibility

Maybe he went down to personally tell them he wasn't interested.

Not buying that

Maybe due to him being a relative unknown John Boyle would only offer him a rolling monthly contract and Gannon is looking for some job security.

Think there is a very high chance of that!

All of that is complete speculation but I don't think we know enough about the situation to make judgements either way.

perhaps....

Nail on head with most of that Fudge in my opinion. Either way, very good points.

:ph34r:

People can make up their own minds I guess.

:ph34r:

Well so far every single claim that has been made on this thread, which one can be backed up with any sort of evidence?

1. He never travelled with the team - Pure speculation.

2. He travelled to Brighton for an interview - Two newspapers speculated that he was in the frame, but only posters on here that claimed he was interviewed.

3. He refused to speak to the media due to a hidden motive - again speculation, he could just have taken himself out the equation so he didn't say anything he regretted.

4. He is on a month-to-month contract - There has been no mention of this anywhere prior to this thread and the only evidence so far points to a 2/3 year deal.

5. He is taking a percentage of transfer fee's, similar to what was reported with his time at Stockport - no-one here will know the in's and out's of his contract situation.

So, basically everything that has been mentioned is either rumour or speculation, until there is sufficient evidence to back it up with.

I think you are talking utter utter sh*te. No quotes, no sources. Looks like you're bored and looking to start a rumour. Yawn.

That's it.... :ph34r:

And just out of interest when would anyone who had a bit of insider info ever offer up a quote never mind their sources???

But you've worked me out....I give up....it was all lies cause I've got absolutely nothing better to do with my time!

I mean really?!!

:ph34r::lol::lol: