Yassin Moutouatkil

Busta Nut

I think Yassin's defensive problems are more to do with tactics - Gannon asks him to attack so that's what he does. He can't mark opposing strikers if he's 50 yards up the pitch.

As for his crossing? Well we can all see where he needs to work on his game. Will extra training help?

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One cross that actually managed to beat the first man. Woop Te fuckin doooooo!

Tactics is probably part of the problem but he hardly ever gets a tackle in. Never wins a header and his awareness is fuckin dreadful. He plays like a school boy at times.

He is fuckin shite.

He had two men on him most of the game and Foster has been the first defender who has been able to give him a run for his money. McGhee did his homework on him and made sure he was kept out of the game.

Yass is not the best right back we have ever had but I don't think he is the worst I have ever seen either. He is a decent player who has improved his crossing since his debut and this was the first game I have seen him struggle to bother the opposition. See the thing is our old manager earned his money and spotted how much work he does in your average game. I also think that credit must be given to McGhoo for some good work at half time because they came out a totally different team second half. I could also be harsh and say the young boys made no changes to their tactics and kept feeding the ball to Yass when it was obvious he was having a bad day. Lets remember that this team have only been together for 3 months and we are going to have some bad days at the office. 12 games 1 defeat are we so good that we think that is a bad stastic?

For me he's really similar to Chris Humphrey. They both have the pace, athleticism and ability to be the best player on the park but on an off day they can easily be the worst player on the park.

They're both worth their place in the squad but they need to be more consistant to be worth a starting place every week.

An excellent start to the season - one loss all season.

Hunners of positives after our club was decimated during the summer with no transfer budget to speak of, No TV money and £250K behind the ball because of the pitch.

the pitch holding up great in all this weather

Big Ruddy playing a blinder

Murphy looking like the Murphy of old

The Duke looking decent (until he broke his back almost)

Saunders developing in to a confident defender

Reynolds looking like his old self - another that looks to be developing under gannon.

All that means fuck all we've got to find a player to single out and berate. :(

Yass is a short term signing and I think he's better than has been spouted on here (but I thought that of The Duke a few weeks back if you mind right :lol: ) and we don't have a right sided full back to throw in that's any better.

Some of you lot either have very short memories or you're spoilt with the football you watch on the telly.

The state some people get into when a pass gets intercepted or heaven forbid skifs somebodys arse and is deflected slightly off target, or an opponent wins a tackle or a cross or two are wayward - is unbelievable.

An excellent start to the season - one loss all season.

Hunners of positives after our club was decimated during the summer with no transfer budget to speak of, No TV money and £250K behind the ball because of the pitch.

the pitch holding up great in all this weather

Big Ruddy playing a blinder

Murphy looking like the Murphy of old

The Duke looking decent (until he broke his back almost)

Saunders developing in to a confident defender

Reynolds looking like his old self - another that looks to be developing under gannon.

And whit?

So because we're having a good season, that means no one is allowed to discuss on an internet forum whether or not they think a particular player is good?

Bollocks. It's a football forum and if enough people think a player is poor, it's going to get discussed. If you disagree, then state your case but don't go down the same old route as a few folk on here by just dismissing a thread because it doesn't fit in with your list of positives.

A lad is murder! If he didnt have the pace that he has then he wouldnt be anywhere near a football team.

He came up against a half decent full back today in Ricky Foster and struggled badly.

His crossing is also shocking!

We might have half a dozen positives right now but you still cant ignore the negatives.

Happy Clappy!!

And whit?

So because we're having a good season, that means no one is allowed to discuss on an internet forum whether or not they think a particular player is good?

Bollocks.

Jay if you think that what has been directed Yass's way constitutes discussing on an intenet forum whether or not they think a particular player is good then fair enough. Me personally think it started as a wee bit more than that and has been continued.

Am I not allowed to point out that I think the criticism is overboard and that there are loads of positives that nobody has taken the time to start a thread on.

Am I not allowed to provide an opinion that we (as a board) concentrate on and exaggerate the negatives.

A lad is murder! If he didnt have the pace that he has then he wouldnt be anywhere near a football team.

He came up against a half decent full back today in Ricky Foster and struggled badly.

His crossing is also shocking!

We might have half a dozen positives right now but you still cant ignore the negatives.

Happy Clappy!!

You forgot exponent of mock outrage an regular pant wetter.

The negatives ain't that bad.

Jay if you think that what has been directed Yass's way constitutes discussing on an intenet forum whether or not they think a particular player is good then fair enough. Me personally think it started as a wee bit more than that and has been continued.

I don't really see the big deal on a forum though. If someone was shouting "you're fucking shite!" to him during a game, then obviously that's different. But if someone thinks he's shite and states as much on here, I don't see the problem.

Am I not allowed to point out that I think the criticism is overboard and that there are loads of positives that nobody has taken the time to start a thread on.

There are still threads on positives, but it's football fans we're talking about - so the negative threads are always going to outweigh the positive ones. It doesn't mean the negative threads should just be dismissed.

Am I not allowed to provide an opinion that we (as a board) concentrate on and exaggerate the negatives.

I would suggest that football fans in general concentrate on and exaggerate the negatives, it has nothing to do with this board.

I don't really see the problem with that either though. The reason the negatives are concentrated on are because we all want the best for Motherwell and we all want to improve. If someone has an opinion with regards to that (be it how the right back isn't good enough, how Ruddy's pass to Hateley is suicidal, how Gannon's switch at half time cost us the game etc) then it's going to be discussed.

Just because folk don't post up a load of positive threads, doesn't mean no one is acknowledging them. I'm delighted with how we're performing in the league but I'd assume everyone feels exactly the same, so I wouldn't see any point in starting a thread about it.

You forgot exponent of mock outrage an regular pant wetter.

The negatives ain't that bad.

Don't think I have ever used that phrase on here but don't let that get in the way.

The positives do outway the negatives but you cant just ignore them. We need to keep improving to stay in the hunt with United and Hibs. You can put your head in the sand and ignore them but they wont go away.

Continual improvement is required.

So why butt in straight away and say I'm talking bollocks?

Because your post tried to suggest that because there's this wonderful list of positives, then it's unbelievable that some folk are discussing how they don't think Moutouakil is a good player.

That, in my opinion, is bollocks.

All that means fuck all we've got to find a player to single out and berate. :P

So you kind of agree with me but it's just the psyche of football supporters I don't get.

So why butt in straight away and say I'm talking bollocks?

It was more the statement above that I was replying too.

Just because we are doing well just now (points wise but not performances) doesn't mean we can ignore the negatives and I am afraid our right back is a position I feel we can improve on.

Would have Paul Quinn back in a heartbeat!

Don't think I have ever used that phrase on here but don't let that get in the way.

The positives do outway the negatives but you cant just ignore them. We need to keep improving to stay in the hunt with United and Hibs. You can put your head in the sand and ignore them but they wont go away.

Continual improvement is required.

Yass will be our right back til the transfer window - I don't think he's a world beater, but I don't think he's shite either. I'd keep him there at the moment as I don't see who's better that we can throw in until the transfer window. We don't have another natural right back - right now.

Nobody's arguing that continual improvement isn't required - that's what's happening anyway is it not?

Saying someone is shite get him punted, which is the general theme of the thread, isn't continual improvement It's advocatin throwin the baby out wi the bathwater in a strop!

It was more the statement above that I was replying too.

Just because we are doing well just now (points wise but not performances) doesn't mean we can ignore the negatives and I am afraid our right back is a position I feel we can improve on.

Would have Paul Quinn back in a heartbeat!

That particular reply was to Jay's post - I hadn't noticed you hade waded in at that point.

I'd have James McFadden and Chris Porter back in a heartbeat as well but in saying that - it's just a nothing fantasy statement that means nothing in reality.

Which part of his game contributes to the overall success of the team? His pace? That's about all I can think of at the moment. He is continually badly out of position which then leads to Saunders having to cover leaving us exposed through the middle of our back 4 as teams break. When he gets to the byline you get a little excited only for him to fluff his cross. Can only think of a couple of decent crosses in his many attempts.

You are correct that he will be our right back until the transfer window as we have no other options but I will be disappointed if Gannon extends his loan period beyond January. There must be better options out there available on loan until the summer where Gannon has more time to find a long term replacement. Even if he was available and within budget I wouldn't want him as a long term option. Even Humphrey playing a wing back role against Accies was better than this lad!

That particular reply was to Jay's post - I hadn't noticed you hade waded in at that point.

I'd have James McFadden and Chris Porter back in a heartbeat as well but in saying that - it's just a nothing fantasy statement that means nothing in reality.

Jay's is big enough (and ugly enough :P ) to watch his own back so I "waded in" to make my own point.

However Chris Porter and James McFadden were liked by almost all 'Well fans were Paul Quinn certainly was not (both for his on and off the field antics!). Thats why I chose to mentioned him when discussing Moutouatkil.

Which part of his game contributes to the overall success of the team? His pace? That's about all I can think of at the moment. He is continually badly out of position which then leads to Saunders having to cover leaving us exposed through the middle of our back 4 as teams break. When he gets to the byline you get a little excited only for him to fluff his cross. Can only think of a couple of decent crosses in his many attempts.

You are correct that he will be our right back until the transfer window as we have no other options but I will be disappointed if Gannon extends his loan period beyond January. There must be better options out there available on loan until the summer where Gannon has more time to find a long term replacement. Even if he was available and within budget I wouldn't want him as a long term option. Even Humphrey playing a wing back role against Accies was better than this lad!

Humphrey is injured so that wasn't an option.

He fade in the second and his crossing was poor - but he had a handfull of crosses in the early part of the game from the right hand side that were bang on.

He gets the ball and runs at the opposition every opportunity.

Defensively his tackling is generally good when he's back :P