Yassin Moutouatkil

Busta Nut

I really can't work him out. Sometimes his positioning is so bad I think that he must know what he's doing as he can't be that daft. He fails to cover his position and his man in the most basic scenarios sometimes. However, if he could improve his final ball and sort out his positioning then I think he could be a bit of a player. He's good at finding the space to play the final ball but just lets himself down with the pass. I get the impression he's never going at 100% as well, but maybe I'm wrong with that. Fuckin rapid mind.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really can't work him out. Sometimes his positioning is so bad I think that he must know what he's doing as he can't be that daft. He fails to cover his position and his man in the most basic scenarios sometimes. However, if he could improve his final ball and sort out his positioning then I think he could be a bit of a player. He's good at finding the space to play the final ball but just lets himself down with the pass. I get the impression he's never going at 100% as well, but maybe I'm wrong with that. Fuckin rapid mind.

See I thought so too, but i've seen him matched a few times by opposition! On the other hand, I reckon these days Reynolds must be one of the fastest players in the SPL, which as a centrehalf is phenomenal! I've seen him rape players for pace time and time again, often starting 4 or 5 yards back if he's covering for someone.

As far as Yassin's crossing goes, im actually happier when he cuts back...he puts a better ball in with his left foot than his right!

He hasn't shown any progress whatsoever IMO.

You just need to watch the highlights to see that Dundee Utd had a great chance just before they scored. Both that chance and Daly's goal were caused because of the room they had down the left hand side, due to our supposed right back being posted missing.

A tad harsh to blame him for being missing at the chance before they scored. Most of the team were up the park at that stage as we gifted Utd possesion.

I see in todays rating in the Sun they mentioned he's arguably the best right back in the SPL. I don't neccessarily agree with that but it shows he's impressing some of the neutrals. Yes his positioning needs worked on but while his pace impresses folk, I suggest that he still looks like he has another gear that he can step up to but the problem is to often our front men aren't getting in the box quick enough.

There always room for improvement but I'd also suggest while we've lost some points from his poor positioning, we've also gained some points from his crossing (Forbes v Hearts) and could gain more in future if we can get folk in the box a bit quicker.

He was caught up the park for United's equaliser and the chance just before it because Lasley twice gave the ball away stupidly. He's obviously getting told to push well up the pitch when we're in possession, so if folk are wanting to have a go at someone over it, have a go at the guy who's telling him to do it.

Some people will argue that you are just as intolerant of other people's opinions.

those people would be wrong,

SteelmenOnline's very own Captain Sensible has spoken.

He's all over the place. Literally.

He drifts off up the park, or out of position, and stands watching while other people do his job, or while we lose goals. And it's not just because he's getting up the park to attack. He just doesn't seem to know where he's meant to be and jogs about in the wrong places looking lackadaisical.

He almost never actually beats the first man with his crosses, and if he does they are brutal.

His only plus point is his pace, and possibly his first touch.

Right now though, he is a severe problem within the team which is giving other teams chances and costing us wins. I am amazed that Gannon keeps playing him, even if he thinks he has potential.

Maybe if he was played on the right wing instead of right back I could understand his inclusion, but he so rarely does anything good going forward either that it would seem pointless. It would seem more sensible to leave him out for at least a while(and maybe get someone to explain his position to him), and play someone who can defend for a while. At least that would be something.

He's all over the place. Literally.

He drifts off up the park, or out of position, and stands watching while other people do his job, or while we lose goals. And it's not just because he's getting up the park to attack. He just doesn't seem to know where he's meant to be and jogs about in the wrong places looking lackadaisical.

He almost never actually beats the first man with his crosses, and if he does they are brutal.

His only plus point is his pace, and possibly his first touch.

Right now though, he is a severe problem within the team which is giving other teams chances and costing us wins. I am amazed that Gannon keeps playing him, even if he thinks he has potential.

Maybe if he was played on the right wing instead of right back I could understand his inclusion, but he so rarely does anything good going forward either that it would seem pointless. It would seem more sensible to leave him out for at least a while(and maybe get someone to explain his position to him), and play someone who can defend for a while. At least that would be something.

Amen.

I love this. Everyone is complaining that we can't beat ten men beacause there is no urgency in the team. Contrary to that, Yassin is constantly trying to get up the park and support the attackers.

I guess everyone would rather he stayed on the defensive line the whole time. We play with wingbacks, a concept that Hammell doesn't seem to understand, which makes Yassin constantly look out of position.

His biggest problem is holding onto the ball too long. This leads to him either being dispossesed or giving himself no space to cross the ball. Thats two things I can put up with.

Nijholt / MFC Totally right.

Folk on here know diddly squat - Yass is doing waht he's been told to do.

More than 75% of these folk would like to kiss keith Lasley's wee short hairy arse - a guy who after failing miserably once to give DUFC the chance to counter attack - did it again identically and exposed us at the back.

Football illiterate fuckers!

I'm away to search for the Keith Lsaley (or whatever his name is) Is Shite thread.

Nah - I forgot he's not the next in line for the Clarkson, Fitzy, Lukas jersey of abuse.

There needs to be one player singled ot tho' guys doesn't there?

I so wish we had employed Steve Staunton, Gary Mac or Lawrie Sanchez so that we'd be slugging it out with Falkirk at the foot of the table.

Well he's not doing it.

More than 75% of these folk would like to kiss keith Lasley's wee short hairy arse - a guy who after failing miserably once to give DUFC the chance to counter attack - did it again identically and exposed us at the back.

He also should have had an assist for a goal

Football illiterate fuckers!

Pathetic. Of course that's why you manage Man U isn't it? Get a grip.

I'm away to search for the Keith Lsaley (or whatever his name is) Is Shite thread.

Nah - I forgot he's not the next in line for the Clarkson, Fitzy, Lukas jersey of abuse.

There needs to be one player singled ot tho' guys doesn't there?

I so wish we had employed Steve Staunton, Gary Mac or Lawrie Sanchez so that we'd be slugging it out with Falkirk at the foot of the table.

Personally, I didn't say I didn't like Gannon or his team, because I do. He's done well, is honest and speaks his mind, but that doesn't mean that you can't look at the team and see things you don't like as well as things you do like. Some players play badly but can be coached or come onto form. O'Brien's done it this season after some poor displays last season. But he got dropped and maybe had a few words from Gannon and some coaching before he settled and started performing better.

Would we watch the team if it was a team full of duds managed by Berti Vogts and just sit and applaud?

I think Moutouakil is costing us goals, and giving no benefit in attack. He might improve in future (can't see how right now, but it's possible). That is my opinion, and I'd rather he wasn't playing because I think it would improve the team, which is at the end of the day the point. If a player could obviously be replaced to improve the team, then that's what you want. It's not about hating him, it's about having the best team possible on the pitch.

Who do you manage and why is your opinion better than mine?

I don't manage anyone, and my opinion is no better than yours. That's my point.

It's an opinion which I, and others, are entitled to have without being called football illiterate fuckers. That makes it sounds like you are saying you know far better than anyone else. Hence the sarcasm.

And my opinion is one I should hold without being called ...

You've a f-ing cheek, you've shouted "agenda" at me for saying i don't rate O'Brien at all and the same at someone who don't rate Moutouakil.

Luckily enough sticks and stones ... :woop:

I normally think you talk a good deal of sense, but that's an arrogant opinion to hold if you ask me. Unless you're not letting on about something, you don't know any better than any of the rest of us what Yass is being told to do.

And I strongly doubt that any manager would adopt a tactic to concus the opponents left back by continually skelping the ball off him instead of putting it into the box.