Yassin Moutouatkil

Busta Nut

BBC: Motherwell Bid To Keep Loan Stars

"We have got to sit down with Yass and his agent and discuss Yassin's position," said Gannon.

It's not what they meant out of context, but I had to laugh. The conversation will go something like this:

Gannon: "Yass. You are a riiiiight baaack."

Yass: "A what?"

Agent: *shrugs*

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

definitely a more conventional peformance from yassin today, i think that answered any questions about whether he was under orders to power up the park or not.

i was hoping he'd be more conservative today but after watching the game i think we might have missed him bringing the ball up the park.

definitely a more conventional peformance from yassin today, i think that answered any questions about whether he was under orders to power up the park or not.

i was hoping he'd be more conservative today but after watching the game i think we might have missed him bringing the ball up the park.

I actually thought it was one of his better performances. Didn't do too much wrong defensively, and didn't lose the ball. He even got a couple of crosses in. Not great ones, but he beat the first man! But he looked competent and no more. (as opposed to previously looking in-competent)

From SSN - Clicky

Motherwell are set to lose the services of loan star Yassin Moutaouakil in the New Year, skysports.com understands.

The French full-back is currently on loan at Fir Park from Charlton in a deal which is due to expire in January.

Well are very keen to see Moutaouakil remain north of the border, but interest is such that the 23-year-old could find himself in the Premier League come January.

Skysports.com understands that scouts have been flocking to check on Moutaouakil in action, as reports of his good progress have mounted.

Moutaouakil signed for Charlton in 2007, when the Addicks beat the likes of Lazio, Aston Villaand Everton to the signature of the then French Under-21 international.

However, things did not work out as expected for Moutaouakil and he joined Motherwell in the summer with the hope of reigniting his career, and that is what he has done.

Now at least two Premier League clubs are considering bids for him, whilst a host of Championship clubs are also readying moves and a switch back to England now looks highly likely.

Given that Burnley have beaten Man United and Everton amongst others, while drawing at Man City, clearly they are Premiership standard.

But according to many Alexander is not Scotland International Standard, and was never a Defensive Midfielder in a million years - instead Hartley (who plays for Bristol City now) should have been in there - does that mean Scottish National standard is now higher than the Premiership standard :lol:

But according to many Alexander is not Scotland International Standard, and was never a Defensive Midfielder in a million years - instead Hartley (who plays for Bristol City now) should have been in there - does that mean Scottish National standard is now higher than the Premiership standard :lol:

Scotland would finish above Burnley in the Premiership.

Eh... that's why I called it "Premiership Standard" with the use of "". No such thing. Some times a player just finds a club and it sticks - look at McBride at Hibs. A lot of their fans are creaming themselves over him while, many Motherwell, Darlington and Falkirk fans were glad to see the back of him... and Hibs are the "better, and bigger" club of them all :lol:

Eh... that's why I called it "Premiership Standard" with the use of "". No such thing. Some times a player just finds a club and it sticks - look at McBride at Hibs. A lot of their fans are creaming themselves over him while, many Motherwell, Darlington and Falkirk fans were glad to see the back of him... and Hibs are the "better, and bigger" club of them all :lol:

I'm no surprised that McBride is doing so well at Easter Road.

Great at what he does in the middle of the park. Due to injuries though he never got to blossom in that position with us.

Going off topic but I agree.

But sometimes it just needs a team of players and playing in a position to make you look good and produce. Another example is Darren Fletcher, could play for us and no one would rate him as highly as he is rated (even if his own personal performance level didn't drop - as the performance levels of those around him would cause him problems) - doesn't make him any better or worse as a player be he with Manchester United or Motherwell. Yass with his struggles at Charlton etc. could be just the wrong club at the wrong time.

With the right club, Yass could play in the Premiership and do rather well - what you need to ask yourself though, is that club currently in the Premiership? Will that club still be in the Premiership in 6 months time? Or is the Agent just doing his job (very well) in being economical with the truth?

I have no doubt Premiership Scouts have been up to watch Motherwell and if it was against Rangers or Celtic then he would have caught their eye.