Motherwell V Dundee United

Rickoza

If we allow Utd's centre halves to advance into our half like we did against Aberdeen, give them time to turn like we did against Aberdeen, put no pressure on the ball like we did Aberdeen and defend as deep as we did against Aberdeen then we'll get fucked. Address those issues and you never know however.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So just me that thought Dundee Utd were pretty rubbish on Sunday and got lucky :wub:

To be fair I only watched the first half but I thought United played quite well. Apart from McGeady, I didn't see the huge gulf in class that Mowbray was talking about after the game.

If we allow Utd's centre halves to advance into our half like we did against Aberdeen, give them time to turn like we did against Aberdeen, put no pressure on the ball like we did Aberdeen and defend as deep as we did against Aberdeen then we'll get fucked. Address those issues and you never know however.

What he said..

If we play to our best and United play to their best then it will be a cracking close game. United have more depth than us and more experience than us so over the course of a season I would expect them to come about eight to twelve points ahead of us. However its close enough that in any one off game we can beat them. We just need to make sure Saturday is one of them.

They are a good team no doubt about it.

But apart from there 2 headed goals they invited celtic onto them the whole game and defended well.

When myrie williams found space he looked good but didn't have much of an end product and as for cadamarteri and yon argentinian they had no impact on the game whatsoever.

They are a counter attacking team that are good at set pieces they will allow us to set the pace of the game and feel confident of keeping a clean sheet.

Honestly if we don't give away set pieces and manage to get 2 goals to the good they will be cannon fodder.

I'd feel more than confident defending a lead against them, they only got there 2 goals on sunday because celtics defending was to say the least shambolic.

Six points we could have made with the conversion of penalties and ability to use an extra man! We would be flying!
Of course, if we had scored the penalties, the action afterwards would have been different, so there is no guarantee we would have more points.

Whilst the next four games will show us how far we've come, they will in no way make or break our season. Certainly if we can amass 6 points or more then that will be fantastic and we'll be right in the European hunt.

As regards the United game I expect it to be close, they almost always are. I'm not sure about team changes for this weekend, although it will be tempting to restore O'Brien to the starting X1. If so who gets left out?

For me it's the same team and a 2-1 win for us. Hoping for a Sutty opener and a winner from big Giles.

I expect them to beat us quite comfortably on Saturday by 2 or 3 goals. They are a far better team than what we are and don't have many weaknesses.

As for the line up i would drop Sutton and bring in O'Brien, hopefully he can win us a penalty again.

Is everyone forgetting that we beat them in their home ground not long ago!?!

They were very poor against Celtic on Saturday and won due to the fact that Celtics centre-halfs should have their own benny hill music. Definitely winnable, I'd use O'Brien and the Hump (is he fit?) to get right at their full backs. Dixon is prone to mistakes and Kovacevic is lumbering at best.

They were very poor against Celtic on Saturday and won due to the fact that Celtics centre-halfs should have their own benny hill music. Definitely winnable, I'd use O'Brien and the Hump (is he fit?) to get right at their full backs. Dixon is prone to mistakes and Kovacevic is lumbering at best.

Not for another 6 weeks or so