January Transfer Window

WilliePettigrew

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it funny that Strachan released skippy from Southampton as he was not good enough and has now spent over £4 million buying him back twice !

Aye £3.5 million this time. I'm not sure I'd pay that for him. Not when that lad at Leeds (Beckford?) is quoted as having a price tag as £2 million.

I still have a lot of affection for the guy so I hope he wasn't forced into it. For me, Boro are going nowhere under Strachan.

Thought Skippy was good enough for the likes of Wigan.

Me too and the only problem I ever had with him was kissing the badge when scoring against us. He scored some fine goals for us and didn't stop trying when he signed his deal with Celtic. He kept us in the SPL that year. If he moved to Boro then instead of Celtic he would still be loved by the majority of the Well fans.

Scott McDonald, you are okay once again...........!

Might have been a nominal fee between Middlesbrough and Aberdeen...or enough to bail Willie Miller out of his latest restaurant flop.

Did anyone else hear that the 1st Division club in for McHugh was Partick Thistle ?

First I have heard of the club being mentioned but very possible.

So what is the general feeling among everyone? Well finished in the window, both directions?

First I have heard of the club being mentioned but very possible.

So what is the general feeling among everyone? Well finished in the window, both directions?

I still have this feeling were going to lose someone tonight. Would have liked to see another striker but it looks like we'll just have to pish with the cock we've got.

Dickov would be decent for us for 6 months. Maybe he'll use his Scotland links with Granpaw Broon, but i doubt it.

see thats what i was thinking plus think of the advice he could pass onto the likes of the duke and murph.

(oops, just re-read your post and never read the 'doubt it' part!)