Motherwell Vs Celtic-score Predictions,team Line-up

dazamfc

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a wee point....how can anyone complain about standing in the East Stand when the entire South Stand was allowed to stand for the entire game yesterday?

Jnr beside me was wanting to complain about that to the heid sherang but being honest, let them stand. we should be allowed to as well so if they're allowing others to stand it lessens the arguments put forward by the authorities when they try to force us to sit down.

The only argument they have is that Old Firm crowds are larger therefore more difficult to police. So if they can't police large crowds they shouldn't be in their positions. That said a consistent policy is required so that any match commander coming in knows the boundaries are already set, he just has to work within them. All this chopping and changing fuels confusion and resentment

And for a third time :blink: ? My point? Shamelessly taking an odd quote from this and another thread... We're now approximately 18 months into his contract, he barely featured in his first six as the then manager had him down as a chump. Much lauded performances by the usual suspects, when in reality a good game is hitting a shot within a foot past the post or winning a foul speaks volumes.

Decent creative player? As steelboy posted above "when a players best quality is that he gets fouled a lot then he's hardly going to be difficult to replace". Goal scoring and assist records are there for all to see (entire career if you need further convincing) Stands up against these mythical matches where he's been terrorising opposition defences. FACT.

Recent team formations - Was he missed? Doubt it! Jamie Murphy has offered a lot, lot more going forward.

As for your closing statements... :doh:

It is precisely because he is on the ball a lot and is elusive that he gets fouled a lot. That then means yellow and red cards for the opposition. Normally this means that the player with a yellow is less effective as he has to be careful not to get another or when it is a red the team with 11 men have a better chance of winning - then again....

So yeah getting fouled a lot does or should actually help the team.

I think we will agree to differ on this one...........

It is precisely because he is on the ball a lot and is elusive that he gets fouled a lot. That then means yellow and red cards for the opposition. Normally this means that the player with a yellow is less effective as he has to be careful not to get another or when it is a red the team with 11 men have a better chance of winning - then again....

So yeah getting fouled a lot does or should actually help the team.

I think we will agree to differ on this one...........

The yellow card should hinder the defender but the truth is supposing we blindfolded the full back and made him hop on one leg Obrien still wouldnt attempt to go past him and head for goal , he'd be hiding in the corner laying it back or playing for fouls - shouting "i can play the guitar."

Its an arguement that will go in circles, the facts and stats are there for all to see though IMO , and ive yet to see anyone produce much hard evidence of him being threatening to the opposition defence , a decent half at home to Killie excepted. Failing to get past Whittaker or do anything productive with the ball within 25 yards of the Rangers goal yet still be hailed a potent attacking force that day sums it up for me

I mind when it seemed to guarantee pretty much a sell out.

I remember back when we used to only get some of the main stand, the enclosure and a small section of the East stand. As a young lad I went to a few games against Rangers/Celtic when it was like that in all 3 areas and we were hugely outnumbered and it was arguably quite an intimidating atmosphere.

It hardly a family friendly kind of game even now but it is a whole lot less intimidating or as poisonous so I don't understand why we seem to get increasingly less of a home support to these games. Certainly it is nothing like it was and I'm constantly disappointed at Motherwell fans not turning up to these games. Used to be you could guarantee bit of atmosphere, now even these games are flat. Of all the matches we play you'd think fans would get up for them given how objectionable those lots are.

I mind when it seemed to guarantee pretty much a sell out.

I remember back when we used to only get some of the main stand, the enclosure and a small section of the East stand. As a young lad I went to a few games against Rangers/Celtic when it was like that in all 3 areas and we were hugely outnumbered and it was arguably quite an intimidating atmosphere.

It hardly a family friendly kind of game even now but it is a whole lot less intimidating or as poisonous so I don't understand why we seem to get increasingly less of a home support to these games. Certainly it is nothing like it was and I'm constantly disappointed at Motherwell fans not turning up to these games. Used to be you could guarantee bit of atmosphere, now even these games are flat. Of all the matches we play you'd think fans would get up for them given how objectionable those lots are.

the ironic thing is, one of the only times a half decent atmosphere was generated from our lot on saturday was in our slagging of McGeady, instead of getting right behind the team!!

quality chants though!!

Our support is dwindling for every game. Less than 4000 home fans most weeks, really must be quite worrying for those in charge.

Scottish Football is dying on its arse as we all know. I am fast losing what little enthusiasm I have left despite how we have done this season. Its the first time I've got up the morning of an Old Firm game and thought about wether to go or just watch it on telly, a first for me in all my years of following Motherwell. From the atmosphere, price, matchday experience, quality on the display everything has went tits up and all SPL clubs are in danger of losing a high number fans with no hope of replacing them and also no chance of replacing the revenue.

I opted not to go to the game on Saturday and went to the Bolton game instead, the ironic thing is if it had been against anyone other than Rangers or Celtic i'd have been there. The fixtures against the old firm are the ones i have no desire to attend.

I've not read this thread through properly because it's 15 pages long and this is the first chance I've had to comment but I really enjoyed the game, everything about it. Granted I thought we were going to get pumped and we showed great character to get back into the game. Celtic were always going to come out fired up for the 2nd half, and it was going to be really hard for us to play well, so I don't blame our boys for not playing as well in the 2nd half.

Some strange decisions from Gannon to play Meechan from the start (which I thought worked well for the first 20 mins or so, but then he faded out badly), and to bring on Pollock instead of Sutton, but all in all I was pleased with how our young boys coped.

Also some brilliant songs from our support. The John Kennedy one had me institches, and the abuse McGeady got was brilliant. "If Fox can play for Scotland so can I" was good aswell, as was the constant chanting of "Thierry Henry". Probably my favourite ever game at Fir Park!

Back on to O'Brien - since he stopped playing our results have got worse. Fact. Whether he would have made a difference with Aberdeen in the back of his mind is debatable.

Havers , ignoring that it's different games from the ones before and against better sides than when he played and therefor fantasy football, there is nothing factual at all about what you just said.

We were beating United and Aberdeen without him and on he came , match turnaround. He didnt alter the Hibs result any when he came on.

We drew at Parkhead without him so not as if he single handedly kept us unbeaten . In fact you could argue we look more dangerous without him (i would and dont actually think there is much of an arguement otherwise). Theres no way O'brien wouldve stuck the goal in that Murphy did at Hamilton for a start.

Im not blaming him for the games above going tits up when he came on BTW. I am pointing out that folk saying he's won us loads of points are talking out somewhere other than their mouths.

We've lost no attacking threat at all without him in the team IMO and im pretty sure that the stats and facts back that up on one side of the arguement - versus folk saying he's won us loads of points in games but they cant remember which ones on the other .

Watched the winning goal a good few times and Ruddy was quite literally a finger-tip off turning that over the bar. A matter of cm from what could be goal of the season becoming save of the season. Not as a certain Andy Wan*er, yer a Walker, said......

As for the McGeady incident, he should have been sent off. If was violent conduct, kicking out at an opponent. He knew exactly what he was doing, and sought to injure a fellow pro. Had his studs connected with Forbe's knee, it could have caused serious damage. Don't need to be a forced impact, you've got Forbes running towards him and a kick back doubling the impact.

Watched the winning goal a good few times and Ruddy was quite literally a finger-tip off turning that over the bar. A matter of cm from what could be goal of the season becoming save of the season. Not as a certain Andy Wan*er, yer a Walker, said......

As for the McGeady incident, he should have been sent off. If was violent conduct, kicking out at an opponent. He knew exactly what he was doing, and sought to injure a fellow pro. Had his studs connected with Forbe's knee, it could have caused serious damage. Don't need to be a forced impact, you've got Forbes running towards him and a kick back doubling the impact.

I normally agree with you Rickoza but his time I don't. I thought it was just a bit of petulance a stupid wee trip. I used to do that as a wee boy when someone was running I would stick out a cheeky leg and trip them. I think thats all it was.

I normally agree with you Rickoza but his time I don't. I thought it was just a bit of petulance a stupid wee trip. I used to do that as a wee boy when someone was running I would stick out a cheeky leg and trip them. I think thats all it was.

Off the ball that's a red card :)

The fact it was Aidan fuckin' mcGeady means it should be a hanging offence ;)

Havers , ignoring that it's different games from the ones before and against better sides than when he played and therefor fantasy football, there is nothing factual at all about what you just said.

We were beating United and Aberdeen without him and on he came , match turnaround. He didnt alter the Hibs result any when he came on.

We drew at Parkhead without him so not as if he single handedly kept us unbeaten . In fact you could argue we look more dangerous without him (i would and dont actually think there is much of an arguement otherwise). Theres no way O'brien wouldve stuck the goal in that Murphy did at Hamilton for a start.

Im not blaming him for the games above going tits up when he came on BTW. I am pointing out that folk saying he's won us loads of points are talking out somewhere other than their mouths.

We've lost no attacking threat at all without him in the team IMO and im pretty sure that the stats and facts back that up on one side of the arguement - versus folk saying he's won us loads of points in games but they cant remember which ones on the other .

Never disputed any of that.... Just said that our results have got worse since we stopped starting him.

Off the ball that's a red card :)

The fact it was Aidan fuckin' mcGeady means it should be a hanging offence ;)

That about sums it up really, off the ball and serious foul play I think.