Motherwell Vs Celtic-score Predictions,team Line-up

dazamfc

Absolutely no positives to take from that today. Despite Celtic being streets ahead and scoring three excellent goals, 3-2 completely flattered us over the ninety minutes and we could have had no complaints had we lost by a far higher scoreline.

With a trip to Ibrox coming up it really is starting to look a bit bleak for us.

There were positives for me!

Thought the front 3 looked good and played well together, hopefully see them again! Murphy especially.

Gannon didn't make any needless subs at half time.

Ruddy was immense again!

And it was a really enjoyable game on freezing saturday morning. Celtic did score 3 crackers and no real compaints about the scoreline

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely no positives to take from that today. Despite Celtic being streets ahead and scoring three excellent goals, 3-2 completely flattered us over the ninety minutes and we could have had no complaints had we lost by a far higher scoreline.

With a trip to Ibrox coming up it really is starting to look a bit bleak for us.

Biggest pile of pish I have read!

That was really enjoybale to watch, just a shame about the result. Yes, the better team on the day won, but they were never comfortable. Celtic started very well and dominated the second half, Motherwell finished the first half the stronger. To be fair all the Celtic goals were quality and they might have another penalty or two, but I was impressed with the composure of the young 'Well players. Gannon has them playing the right way and they didn't panic when Celtic started so quickly. If he can keep them together, there is real potential, and even this season a top six finish is realistic. Young Hateley impressed me with his vision and technique, and Ruddy was outstanding.

By the way, good to see the big Welcome To Motherwell flag. That was my first glimpse and it looks the part.

Absolutely no positives to take from that today.

Don't agree with that mate. We recovered well after a shaky start against a multi-talented multi-million pound side. We have a great keeper and some decent kids continue to come off the production line, and we scored twice against a Champions League team.

The pitch aint looking that bad either. :wallbash:

I enjoyed the match as entertainment, even though we lost and I applaud the pluckiness of what basically amounts to a school team holding out against a team of internationals for 80 minutes or so but seriously Gannon's line ups, tactics and substitutions are rapidly becoming a liability.

By all accounts Pollock is a good young player but to leave Sutton on the bench when the Celtic back line was so ropey today just seems like sending out a statement about him rather than doing the best thing for the team. And poor Steven Meechan, you felt sorry for the lad being thrust into that as a debut.

Basically the two goal keepers keep us in the match Ruddy for keeping them out and Boruc for letting them in!

Ruddy :8: More performances like that and he'll be away in January.

Moutaouakil :5: Did OK other wise but his crossing is woeful and that's an important part of being a full back

Reynolds :6: Never looked secure today but there wasn't much help in front of him

Saunders :5: Inexperienced showed today.

Hammell :5: Didn't get forward.

Hateley :8: Reading will regret letting this guy go, looks like a player who can go on to the top level.

Jennings :6: Carrying a lot of weight but did his best by putting in tackles

Meechan :5: Tough match to make his debut

Murphy :6: Looked our most dangerous player in the first half but didn't feature much as we went deeper and deeper and deeper...

McHugh :6: Tried hard and did reasonably well considering we didn't do much attacking.

Jutkiewicz :7: Really developing into a good player, you can see why he's at a Premiership club now.

Forbes :4: Almost equalised.

Pollock :2: Not much impact

Coke :2: Just not doing it right now

I disagree with that mate.Thought we played great after they went 1-0 up and got 2 well deserved goals.Just unlucky that we didn't get a point I think.

We had a good spell after we were gifted a goal but really apart from that we didn't do much but hold out. I reckon we played well for about 20 minutes and once again we came out in the 2nd half and did virtually nothing.

Just back from the game. A lot of positives to take out of it.

Thought Jennings looked good until he tired. Hateley's passing was immense and big Lukas worked hard. Big Saunders didnt look too clever today but i think thats more to do with him being exposed because of the lack of cover provided at right back. Maybe time for Hutch to come back in and put Saunders out to right back

Only negatives are that we maybe stood off them a big and showed them too much respect (especially with Samaras goal). We didnt really get stuck in as much as what i would have liked but i think thats more to do with us still being a young team. The youngs boys are only gonna get stronger.

I would maybe have put sutton on when mchugh came off because at that stage Celtic had started to close us down at the back so we were using more and more high balls.

Other than that there was a lot of positives and i dont think we have as much to fear next week as we think.

You must of been watching a different game to me. Ok the second half wasn't great, but we played alot of good passing football. One of my mates down here in Luton said that was the first time he's seen us and was impressed with how we played, and he's usually a big p*ss taker

You are entitled to you view MJC, and on another day Shellic could've scored more. However given the quality of their strikes we can perhaps feel unlucky that they all went in! That said they deserved their win, but we shouldn't feel too bad about our lads.

The average age of our team was something like 22, with 2 debutants remember, so we did not too badly. At times we did make it hard for ourselves by giving them too much room and wasting possession, but we dug in well and cam close to a good result.

Great nalty save from Ruddy and I thought that might be the springboard to a famous win, but it wasn't to be.

No need for too much negativity I feel, even if we lose next week. The young lads will need our backing for the games against St Johnstone, Hearts and Accies so this isn't the time to be too hard on them.

Mon the Well!

Now there goes a man that speaks some sense.

You are entitled to you view MJC, and on another day Shellic could've scored more. However given the quality of their strikes we can perhaps feel unlucky that they all went in! That said they deserved their win, but we shouldn't feel too bad about our lads.

The average age of our team was something like 22, with 2 debutants remember, so we did not too badly. At times we did make it hard for ourselves by giving them too much room and wasting possession, but we dug in well and cam close to a good result.

Great nalty save from Ruddy and I thought that might be the springboard to a famous win, but it wasn't to be.

No need for too much negativity I feel, even if we lose next week. The young lads will need our backing for the games against St Johnstone, Hearts and Accies so this isn't the time to be too hard on them.

Mon the Well!

Mon the Well!

I whole heartly agree.

Lets all face it Celtic should have won the game by a few more goals, they got a penalty that I think was soft but should have had the 1st two pen claims (maybe gannons comments about refs helped). We didnt cause them to many problems the day and needed more pressure as caldwell is pish and that should today.

As Peter has said, good debuts by the young lads but I do feel subs should have been made sooner rather than later.

Lets not be to down about the result and look forward to next week

Shug

, with 2 debutants remember, ssion, but we dug in well and cam close to a good result.

Neither of those 2 should have been on the park.

Today we were rotten apart from a spell shortly before half time. Our passing was all over the place, we didn't press Celtic enough and some of our defending was absolute school boy. Saunders was hopeless against Samaras but he always struggles againt strong attackers.

The substitutions were had absolutely no effect on the game and the decision to start Meechan was completely wrong.

Come on, do people realise how young our team is and against whom we played?

Wether you like them or not, but Celtic is still a decent team.

As for Saunders and the other young lads I would agree with Yir Elder: The games after next week are important and these kind of games against Samaras, McGeady, Robson and Co is where they need to gain their XP.

I am 100% sure we will get our results, but not against the Old Firm... yet.

just saw the second and third tic goals online and they are both quality strikes. we scored the only two chances we had so I think it was a fair result. Once again we didn't turn up for the 2nd half. thats starting to piss me right off.

Oh well we'll just have to beat the other ugly sister next week!

Come on, do people realise how young our team is and against whom we played?

Wether you like them or not, but Celtic is still a decent team.

As for Saunders and the other young lads I would agree with Yir Elder: The games after next week are important and these kind of games against Samaras, McGeady, Robson and Co is where they need to gain their XP.

I am 100% sure we will get our results, but not against the Old Firm... yet.

Exactly and we are almost guaranteed to be in the top six come the new year when we will have a run of games that are winnable. I get that it could have been a whole lot better but it's not. If someone offered us a top six spot come January at the start of the season what would your reaction have been ? I would have bit your hand off for it.

Neither of those 2 should have been on the park.

Today we were rotten apart from a spell shortly before half time. Our passing was all over the place, we didn't press Celtic enough and some of our defending was absolute school boy. Saunders was hopeless against Samaras but he always struggles againt strong attackers.

The substitutions were had absolutely no effect on the game and the decision to start Meechan was completely wrong.

Yes and that's been the case on more than a few occasions this season, the only difference this time was that we were playing a team that was able to exploit our weaknesses and eventually punish us.

Today, like the Aberdeen game at Fir Park, like the Aberdeen game at Pittodrie, like the Dundee Utd game, like the Hamilton game etc. etc. etc...we have only played for a short spell during a game and have completely fell out of things in the second half and had to rely on Ruddy, who to be fair was excellent again today, to save us from a drubbing. The scoreline of 3-2 Celtic flatters us because they could and should have scored a lot more and the two goals we scored were basically down to bad defending from them and although it doesn't look like a 'gubbing' on paper it was in everything but end result.

We've done well so far this season, but IMO, we are a dreadful side and have no creativity, no midfield and are awful to watch. That's not a criticism of Gannon, he can only piss with the cock he's got and we have managed to grind out some good results so far this season but I now fear that we're starting to hit a slump and will be sucked into the relegation dogfight over the next month or so. With Hamilton beating Aberdeen today and possibly showing signs of starting to get some form up then I'm worried for us and I'm already looking to the back to back games at home v. St.Johnstone on Boxing Day and Accies on the 2nd as games that we really must get maximum points from.