Ibrox Register

trafficlight

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hope this doesn't hammer confidence. Time to get Craigan back as our defending has been shocking in recent weeks and only our keeper has pulled us out of a hole.

People let the result get in the way of their analysis of last weeks match. It was 3-2 but Celtic could easily have scored seven.

Rangers weren't so easy on us.

Craigan needs to come back next week and so does Sutton.

Starting to wonder why Sutton's been left warming the bench when have very little up front without him. Fair play to Hutch and Saunders, who, for the most part IMO, had decent games and good to see Hutch back on the scoresheet.

But aye, embarrassing to say the least :doh:

Only think that could make today any worse would be if i was a Man U fan as well :P

Let's hope this doesn't hammer confidence. Time to get Craigan back as our defending has been shocking in recent weeks and only our keeper has pulled us out of a hole.

Funny you should say that. On the radio someone commented on how the young guys had nobody with any serious experience to turn to on the park.

That's a humiliation today. Been a long, long time since we had a hammering like that at Greyskull. And my Boss would have been there, gonna be a long, long day at work on Monday..........

Utterly Humped, its been coming, yet again we allow another team to dictate the play stand off them when they're attacking and only put in tackle in the final third.

Schoolboy stuff, play the game higher up the park, tackle for the ball and close players down.

As someone else has said last weeks scoreline flattered to deceive.

Oh well pick ourselves up, dust ourselves down and lets look to boxing day against the real saints.

We got away with it last week as far as final scoreline went, but didn't today, simple as that, and the frightening thing was that it could easily have been double figures today. I agree that Craigan should be brought back now, if anything just to add a bit of experience to the defence.

A month ago when we looked at the fixture list and saw us away to Hibs, home to Celtic and away to Rangers then I don't think that many would seriously have thought we'd have got much from these games and we haven't, so it's no real disgrace but the 6-1 scoreline today is worrying, especially when you consider that we really should have been on the end of a similar scoreline against Celtic last week aswell. Now it's all about how Gannon and this young side can pick themselves up from these results and we now have to absolutely crucial matches coming up.

I see Falkirk won today, well we better start winning games again or we'll have to start looking over our shoulder...

Bad result - although it's not a disaster.

Craigan coming back isn't the answer.

The answer is to go back out with the same bunch of young guys next week and make amends.

Saunders and Hutch will be a tremendous central defensive pairing and we'll build things around 'em.

A couple of those goals were due to unexpected mistakes by Ruddy and the overall result flattered them a bit.

Keep the faith dudes.

Jim Gannon's Well Army are on a long march, not a fuckin sprint!

Worst day ever, car crash this morning, and I support Motherwell and Manchester United.

I think I might just stay in tonight !

Bollocks 6-1

My dad, a stong Motherwell and United supporter, has just phoned to say he has been in a car smash.

Shite day.

With regards Motherwell, you have to worry about the confidence draining out the young ones. Experienced heads are required or we could soon plumet down the league.

The answer is to go back out with the same bunch of young guys next week and make amends.

Saunders and Hutch will be a tremendous central defensive pairing and we'll build things around 'em.

A couple of those goals were due to unexpected mistakes by Ruddy and the overall result flattered them a bit.

Keep the faith dudes.

Well said Steve. Too many folk have pressed the panic button. Sure 6 -1 is a bad result but we had a very young team out against a team full of seasoned internationals. Hopefully the young guys will learn from this experience and build on it.

However our next 3 games are crucial. I think we need to take at least 6 points from them.

Mon the 'Well

Well that's brought Gannon his young team and a lot of us Motherwell fans back down to earth with a bump. To be fair at times today as a team and as individuals we looked and played well.But individual mistakes cost us dear and at times as a team we were all over the place .It goes without saying that next weeks game is now massive in many ways .I will stick my neck out and say we will bounce back from today. :doh:

Keep the faith dudes.

A lot of sense in that post, Mr Diggle. Yes, it was a terrible result, but it can happen to young teams with little experience. A day when it all went wrong, but Rangers are champions ( despite being rather shite just now ) and Motherwell need to learn from days like this. It's horrible, but it isn't the end of the world. It's early days for this team; a team that will improve over time despite setbacks along the way. Gannon must stay focused on what he wants to achieve and how best to get there.

TBH Rangers have hit a fair bit of form just now. I know a good few of their fans didn't expect them to win at Tannadice, never mind do them so comfortably by 3-0. We had a dire day, they took full advantage. Must, must win next Saturday.

Funny you should say that. On the radio someone commented on how the young guys had nobody with any serious experience to turn to on the park.

That's a humiliation today. Been a long, long time since we had a hammering like that at Greyskull. And my Boss would have been there, gonna be a long, long day at work on Monday..........

Ask him how he thinks they will fair in european football after Christmas and then watch him scuttle away, mumbling.

weve had a really tough run of games of late with hibs,celtic and rangers and were still in 5th place so its no all doom and gloom although todays result is hard to take.weve got games coming up that we should be looking to win and with a few players back fae injury we should start picking up points again starting next week against st johnstone

I see Craigan is the latest to benefit from Willie Kinniburgh syndrome- a spell out of the side and suddenly he's the answer.

This was always going to be a really difficult spell but the next 3 games offer the chance to get the points tally moving again. I'm not sure if they're "must win" games either-we're 5th in the table. Must win games are when you're bottom or second bottom in April.