Walk10for10

sydney devine

On Tuesday, December 29 - the second anniversary of Phil O’Donnell’s tragic death - a special fundraising walk is taking place between Fir Park, Motherwell and Celtic Park, Glasgow.

(Incidentally, thanks to the constant roadworks on the M74, walking is probably the quickest way to make this particular journey...)

It’s the brainchild of Phil’s widow Eileen who, along with her four kids, will be leading the 10-mile hike to raise money for The British Heart Foundation and Mary’s Meals.

As well as persuading many of Phil’s former Motherwell and Celtic team-mates to take part, Eileen is hoping loads of fans from all across Scotland - particularly the Well punters - will pull on the walking boots to pay tribute to the legendary No10.

So, if you fancy a wee stroll to help work off the festive fayre and want to lose a few pounds while gaining a few pounds for two great charities, check out the website (www.walk10for10.com) for full details and the chance to download a sponsorship form.

The last time Phil made the journey from Motherwell to Parkhead, back in 1994, the sum involved was £1.75m.

Please help Eileen raise another huge amount on December 29.

Right... who's up for it???

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just check the website given earlier and grab a sponsor sheet - the fact it's leaving from the Phil O'Donnell Stand will hopefully make as many Motherwell fans turn out as possible. Obviously a Tuesday but Eileen really wanted it on the anniversary and it is the week between Christmas and New Year, so good for traffic, roads, schools, etc. Hopefully a good turn out and, dare I say it, shades of the march in Nancy if enough Well fans turn out...

Come if you can.

Syd.

Just check the website given earlier and grab a sponsor sheet - the fact it's leaving from the Phil O'Donnell Stand will hopefully make as many Motherwell fans turn out as possible. Obviously a Tuesday but Eileen really wanted it on the anniversary and it is the week between Christmas and New Year, so good for traffic, roads, schools, etc. Hopefully a good turn out and, dare I say it, shades of the march in Nancy if enough Well fans turn out...

Come if you can.

Syd.

i went to that page but my printer's facked,has been for a few weeks.and yes there is paper in it :huh::lol: will just turn up on the day and see if a can get any.

Och it's no fair I'm working on the day. I would have done it no problem too. I will donate no problem and anyone wth a sponsor sheet I will take it in to my work and make the cause a fortune. Give us a shout I want to help anyway I can but just will not get the time off work.

Gutted I can't make this due to work. £10 available from me for anyone looking for a sponsor. Again, 1st person only - credit crunch and all that!

+1 for me, I'm afraid. Can't get the time off work at this notice, but I would've liked to have gone along. Quite happy to chuck a big benner at the cause though.