Boxing Day Match Thread

Malky79

Not a massive fan of boo-ing myself but in reality it's the quickest and easiest way for fans to show they dissapointment especially on a day like today.

Players are quick to take the adulation when things are going well so am sure a wee bit of stick today won't do them any harm.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was an utterly honkin performance, the worst all season I would say. I felt that Lasley, Yassim, Craigan, Saunders (Not so much) had poor games. Saunders did make a few excellent challenges but wasted it by fuckinh up elsewhere. He looked to be at fault for the last two goals but I was at the opposite end so I could be wrong.

At this rate I genuinely believe theres a good chance we're going to get dragged down into the relegation dogfight. Hopefully we can pick it up but I really can't see it right now.

The boos were warrented - against Gannon.

Yet again, AGAIN, Gannon made unnecessary tactical alternations at half time. Why? Seriously WHY? This is happening almost every match that I go to and its absolutely infuriating.

So surprise surprise, having just come on to a game in the last 15 minutes of the first half, these COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY changes were made for who knows what reason and we were a shambles from then on. Within 15 minutes or so we'd gone from 1-0 up to 2-1 down and then Gannon changed the tactics back to that we were in the first place.

Jim Gannon needs to be told he's not a tactical genius - keep it simple, don't make completely unnecessary tactical and formation changes.

He's on the radio YET AGAIN blaming everyone except himself - it's the players fault apparently because they aren't good enough, well they were good enough in the first half until The Worlds Greatest Tactical Genius (HA!) changed it yet again for NO COMPREHENSIBLE REASON.

Sicked and pretty anger right now. The guy in charge needs to get a grip.

gannon soundin seriously pissed off with his team on his bbc interview

I wouldny say he sounded pissed off. Sounds like he's resigned to the fact some of the players don't have the skill to carry out the jobs he wants of them.

I expect a busy transfer window.

I hope that everyone who shouted for Craigan has learned a lesson! He is not SPL Standart anymore and shouldnt have played... the 2nd goal was about pace before the crossing... He looked like standing about instead of running after the ball.

We are a young team and these games and spells are typical for a young team, yet we do play ok-ish attacking wise, but we certainly need to sort out the defense and get on a wee run!

Although I need to say, I dont like that Gannon is changing the team all the time, that surely doesnt help at all. Saying that I am 100% behind Gannon!

The boos were warrented - against Gannon.

Yet again, AGAIN, Gannon made unnecessary tactical alternations at half time. Why? Seriously WHY? This is happening almost every match that I go to and its absolutely infuriating.

So surprise surprise, having just come on to a game in the last 15 minutes of the first half, these COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY changes were made for who knows what reason and we were a shambles from then on. Within 15 minutes or so we'd gone from 1-0 up to 2-1 down and then Gannon changed the tactics back to that we were in the first place.

Jim Gannon needs to be told he's not a tactical genius - keep it simple, don't make completely unnecessary tactical and formation changes.

He's on the radio YET AGAIN blaming everyone except himself - it's the players fault apparently because they aren't good enough, well they were good enough in the first half until The Worlds Greatest Tactical Genius (HA!) changed it yet again for NO COMPREHENSIBLE REASON.

Sicked and pretty anger right now. The guy in charge needs to get a grip.

I do see your points but ever thought about that the players might not be able to cope with Gannons demands???

I am more getting the impression, we dont have the caliber of players, who do understand what Gannon wants.

I can see yet another busy Transfer window!

I'm 100% behind Gannon too but he really baffles me at times, the Lukas change today being one of them.

There is a weak link in our defence, and it's not Moutouakil, Stevie Saunders was an absolute bombscare today, that second goal, on first look admittedly, should see him hung out to dry.

12 goals in 3 games shipped.

Answers please?

hey beezer ..

was only listening on the radio today .. what did gannon change at half time exactly?

He changed the formation. We started off with a 4-4-2 and although we weren't brilliant we improved as the half went on, scored and made a few chances in the last 15 minutes or so of the first half and looked on top at that point.

In the second half he changed the shaped of the team into a 4-3-3 with O'Brien switching from left midfield to the right side in a front three and moving Lasley inside, he'd been playing right midfield.

After which we were completely swamped in midfield and went 2-1 down in quick time. Immediately after going 2-1 down Gannon changed it back to the 4-4-2 by bringing on Murphy to right midfield.

With Murphy completely ineffective playing right, he then changed it again and brought on Humphrey and moved Murphy up front. Now neither of our strikers did very well today but taking off our Jutkiewicz, our top scorer at this point did little to cheer the crowd.

Just crazy. Leave a winning team alone, PLEASE.

Hopeless.

We gave up after the second goal with aimless punts up the park which resulted in us losing possesion and St Johnstone capitalising with clinical finishing.

Abysmal. The whole defence was shocking, Sutton was terrible, and the midfield wasn't mich better.

Awful.

Stevie Saunders was an absolute bombscare today, that second goal, on first look admittedly, should see him hung out to dry.

Saunders is obviously struggling in the midst of a general collapse. No one blames him, he's a young player, he's inexperienced and he's still learning the game.

However right now his game is going backwards and maybe Gannon needs to protect him a bit.

If someone was to offer me 11th position at the end of the season right now, I'd definitely take it. We have no real dig in the team, the lack of fitness in some of our players is ridiculous and Gannon's change in tactics at the start of the 2nd half were baffling. We really need to get a result soon else our downfall will be similar to Hull's last season!

Anyway, no better way to get ourselves out of this than to stuff the Hearts at Tynecastle.

Motherwell manager Jim Gannon:

"I don't think we ever had the game under control.

"You go in at half-time leading at 1-0 and hope the lads can go out and play competitively to see the game out, but it never looked that way in the second-half.

"The frailties and weaknesses have been there for a long time. There's not much you can do as a manager, you just try and coach and pair them as well as you can, but often you feel like you're juggling soup.

"We could play any formation with any group of players and we wouldn't keep a clean sheet.

"It's just the culture at the club at the moment.

"There's not enough players with physical and mental strength who can keep clean sheets."

Saunders is obviously struggling in the midst of a general collapse. No one blames him, he's a young player, he's inexperienced and he's still learning the game.

However right now his game is going backwards and maybe Gannon needs to protect him a bit.

How bad was Saunders passing?

It's not inconceiveable we could be in a relegation battle this season; especially if John Ruddy goes.

I'm very concerned.

Yeah we should have all applauded the team off the park whilst waving our scarf's in the air and singing there's only one Jim Gannon!

Sorry go home with your tails between your legs don't applaud singing there is only one Jim Gannon that would be bullshit but don't boo either you are a 'supporter'!! How is booing supporting the team? Is it fuck. Look at the bigger picture. We are going through a shocking spell just now and Gannon is making mistakes but booing the team/manager is a fucking disgrace and people need to have a good look at themselves. CALL YOURSELVES SUPPORTERS?

Let's get behind the team and give the gaffer time!!! Please

Sorry go home with your tails between your legs don't applaud singing there is only one Jim Gannon that would be bullshit but don't boo either you are a 'supporter'!! How is booing supporting the team? Is it fuck. Look at the bigger picture. We are going through a shocking spell just now and Gannon is making mistakes but booing the team/manager is a fucking disgrace and people need to have a good look at themselves. CALL YOURSELVES SUPPORTERS?

Let's get behind the team and give the gaffer time!!! Please

The problem is Gannon makes the same mistakes week after week. He shows no sign of learning from his mistakes. That's why people are booing.

First half i felt we were quite comfortable, but didnt take our chances. Thought O brien was superb first half, shape suited us and despite the Johnny's having a couple of chances, always felt we were in control.

Second half we came out like a team that had just met each other for the first time. Standouts were Lasley, Craigan, Yassim and Sutton....who were all pish! Third goal shows exactly why Craigan doesnt play. In fairness, Saunders was no better. The whole defence was ripped apart by a strikeforce with good work ethic but limited ability.

Only positive was the return of Paul Slane into the squad. Boo's were to be expected after a shocking score line last week, and a powderpuff resistance in the 2nd half today.