International Player Revealed?

Bobby Russell's lovechild

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If, and it's a pretty steep if, it's true, we have some competition........

West Ham and Bolton are leading the chase to sign Benfica striker Nuno Gomes

I suspect the potential world cup player being alluded to will be from Perth Glory...

either: Mile Sterjovski,Chris Coyne or Jacob Burns...

saw this on a Perth Glory page:

"Meanwhile, the Glory is yet to receive confirmation of loan deals for Socceroos trio Sterjovski, Burns and Chris Coyne.

The trio are seeking overseas loan in February in a bid to boost their World Cup selection prospects.

“There’s a lot of things happening behind the scenes, but nothing confirmed yet as far as we know,” Mitchell said.

Now, given Perth Glory have been in contact with us to get McGarry released early from his contract, (I'm assuming they needed league cover for the last part of their season while australian international warm up games are being played at Craven Cottage) and I think the A league season is drawing to a close, and those three players need games for their world cup preparations, I'm guessing it might be one of them, especially as their own club page says they are looking to set up loans to Europe.

Chris Coynes a defender (ex colchester)

Jacob Burns is a sitting midfielder (ex leeds, barsnely, wisla krakow, unirea and Barnsley?)

Mile Sterjovski is a wide player/striker (ex derby, FC Basle, lille and some turkish outfit)

link confirming Sterjovski looking for short term loan

http://goal.com/en/news/1863/world-cup-201...way-from-perth-

I saw Jacob Burns play a year or so back when Australia played Nigeria. He had a decent game. Personally I'm hoping for Sterjovski.

I have no inside knowledge, just putting two and two together in a guessing game....

another possible name is Bonaventure Kalou, he`s leaving Herenveen + touting himself around for a move to give himself a chance of going to the world cup wi Ivory Coast, has already had an unsucessful trial with Crystal Palace, Broony knows the agents well in english footie as he has said so it wouldnt be too hard for one of them to give him a buzz + sound him out