Jim Jefferies

stoney

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big bit in the paper about it today. The chairman called Kevin Kyle in for talks about a new contract, and turned the conversation round to asking Kyle what he thought about JJ and his tactics. Kyle, quite rightly and to his credit, told Jeffries straight away and has been quoted in the paper as saying he doesn't want to speak to the chairman anymore and that he's loyal to the manager.

On the same subject, if this means that Kyle gets punted, I'd take him at Fir Park in the Duke is away.

could he be a decent manager for us or does the old hearts connection feck that up ?

He could have licked every Hearts player's boots clean for fun for all I care, if he came to use and did a good job. Not really the style of manager I'd like to see at the club at this time, though.

Didn't like him when he was at Hearts, but that was mostly down to some of the players they had at that time, and the fact that they almost always beat us. However, I am big enough to see past the 'Hearts connection' that no doubt would cloud many older Motherwell fan's judgements and I really think that we could do a lot worse than Jim Jeffries. He is a proven SPL manager who is an excellent tactician and knows how to make his sides hard to beat. At a club like Motherwell we're not really in a position to be choosers and I think Jeffries would do a good job for us.

Don't think there's much chance of it happening though so the hardcore Jambo haters in our support needn't worry.

Really would not support this. He is the biggest douer faced bastard of a man I've ever seen in Scottish football. Always looking to pass the blame to anyone or anything or than himself. He is just an unfashionable Jim Gannon to be honest. I'd rather take Craig Brown long term. And for another thing, I'd take Kyle at Fir Park in a second.

Would hate this appointment IF it ever came off. Would make Maurice Malpas (when he was "asked" to leave) the most popular Manager we'd ever had by comparison.