Kilmarnock Away Sat 16th Jan

Brazilian

When did we last play :huh: ,

Kilmarnock away on Saturday will hopefully get the go ahead

Official site listing travel details and prices.

£20 for adults £14 for concessions and £5 for kids (U12's) with adults

Who do we have to choose from, is big Hutch back to full fitness??

do we have any rightbacks??

Will players that want to leave be selected???

.................Ruddy

Hately, Hutch, Reynolds, Hammell

JOB, Lasley, Coke, Murphy

Sutton, Jutkiewicz

Slane, Humphrey and Mchugh from the bench to kill them off

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the game goes ahead I'd like to see the following team take to the field.

Ruddy

Hateley; Craigan; Reynolds; Hammell

Lasley; Jennings; Forbes

O'Brien

Jutkiewitz; Sutton

We really need a win but usually find them hard to come by at Rugby Park, where Killie traditionally boot and bore their way to points against us. Perhaps the departure of old crabbit chops might release the shackles from the Killie players, which could work for or against us, who knows?

My prediction (head ruling heart) says 0-0, but my heart hopes we can sneak it!!

If the game goes ahead I'd like to see the following team take to the field.

Ruddy

Hateley; Craigan; Reynolds; Hammell

Lasley; Jennings; Forbes

O'Brien

Jutkiewitz; Sutton

We really need a win but usually find them hard to come by at Rugby Park, where Killie traditionally boot and bore their way to points against us. Perhaps the departure of old crabbit chops might release the shackles from the Killie players, which could work for or against us, who knows?

My prediction (head ruling heart) says 0-0, but my heart hopes we can sneak it!!

No likin the balance of that side Yir it seems awfy right sided even the keepers ahint the right back :huh:

I'd play

Ruddy

Hateley Hutchinson Reynolds Hammell

O'Brien Forbes Jennings Humphrey

Jutkiewicz Murphy

I've no idea if Hutchinson is fit, if not Saunders. Maybe switch O'Brien and Humphrey about too.

It will come as no surprise to many, but I think the best we will get is a draw! Go on Motherwell, prove me wrong!!!!

---------------------Ruddy-----------------------

Saunders-----Hutchinson-----Reynolds-----Hammell

---------------Coke--------Jennings--------------

Humphrey----------------------------------O'Brien

--------------------Murphy-----------------------

-------------------Jutkiewicz---------------------

I don't know about the fitness of Hutch or Humphrey, or slane, obviously. If Hutch can't make it, I would have Hateley at right back and Saunders in the middle.

The team spirit will be lifted with Gannon gone and Brown and Knox in place so I can see us getting a win here. 2-1 maybe

I think a draw from this match would be OK, I think I'd put out a team designed more to not lose than go on the attack, of course if we won all the better, but I think we have to be careful not to take too many risks as another defeat would be disastrous. Some kind of balance is required because we don't want to sit back and invite them on to us either.

Hateley would be wasted at right back, put Saunders over to full back. I think we have a bit of a problem on the left side of midfield in that we don't have a 'solid' midfielder who is comfortable in that position and that with Saunders at right back you aren't going to get many good runs/crosses from fullback position, so I think I'd play a sort of 4-1-2-2-1 formation. Let Hateley play just behind the two central midfielders Jennings and Forbes in a covering role, let Murphy play in his best position just behind the main striker and give O'Brien a 'switching' role to give us width on either side.

From that basic formation it can easily switch to a 4-5-1, a 4-4-2 or a 4-4-1-1 without too many problems.

Ruddy

Saunders - Craigan, Reynolds - Hammell

Hateley

Jennings, Forbes

Murphy, O'Brien

Jutkiewicz

It's going to be six in a row I fear.

Killie have made a very good move by appointing Jimmy Calderwood as manager and he will be able to steer them clear of relegation, I have no doubt about that. We meantime are stuttering along - as we always do - with an interm manager who doesn't know if he's here for the duration or not and can't do anything to strengthen the squad given the fact that the chairman is on holiday.

I fully expect Jimmy Calderwood - someone who would have been ideal for us just now - to begin his Killie career with three points against us as we have nothing about us just now that suggests that we can pick up our poor form and quite frankly, having 69 year old, out of the game for eight years Craig Brown in charge doesn't fill me with any confidence whatsoever.

I reckon 1-0 to the Ayrshire mob on Saturday.

Killie have made a very good move by appointing Jimmy Calderwood as manager and he will be able to steer them clear of relegation, I have no doubt about that. We meantime are stuttering along - as we always do - with an interm manager who doesn't know if he's here for the duration or not and can't do anything to strengthen the squad given the fact that the chairman is on holiday.

I fully expect Jimmy Calderwood - someone who would have been ideal for us just now - to begin his Killie career with three points against us as we have nothing about us just now that suggests that we can pick up our poor form and quite frankly, having 69 year old, out of the game for eight years Craig Brown in charge doesn't fill me with any confidence whatsoever.

I reckon 1-0 to the Ayrshire mob on Saturday.

Do you think he will be able to make enough impact in 24 hours to inspire them to a win ?

Because they have brung in a good manager doesn't make the shite players goood.

Ruddy

Hateley Craigan Reynolds Hammel

Humphrey Forbes Coke O'brien

Jutkiewicz Murphy

I'll go for 2-1 well. Cautious about the fact it'll be calderwood's first game incharge right enough, but we do really need to start putting points on the board.

Also could anyone recomend a decent boozer for a few pints pre game?

Ruddy

Hateley Craigan Reynolds Hammel

Humphrey Forbes Coke O'brien

Jutkiewicz Murphy

I'll go for 2-1 well. Cautious about the fact it'll be calderwood's first game incharge right enough, but we do really need to start putting points on the board.

Go to the turf in irvine. It opens at 7. Failing that there isn't a decent boozer in Killie apart from my bit. If my arm was twisted I would go to the Brass n Granite just cos they've a pool table and you can get the barstaff to give you free credits on the jukebox.

Depends what your looking for.

If you want a wee pub crawl There's a Weatherspoons round the corner from the train station plus a few pubs in Bank Street (Behind the RBS) 10 mins walk from ground.

Im probably heading down fairly early for a few beers if anyone's up for it.

I don't mean to be rude, MJC, but have you ever tipped Motherwell to win a game? :lol:

This is an excellent opportunity to to turn the corner. The fact Killie have sacked their manager of many years is proof positive that they are struggling badly, and whilst Calderwood is certainly a shrewd appointment, their confidence is low and it's a chance of a point or three. Get stuck into them from the first whistle because there is nothing to fear. 2-0 Motherwell :P

I don't think the Kilmarnock players will get the normal boost you'd get with a new manager. Unlike the norm, he's only their for four months and the players will again have to impress a new man at the end of the season. Motherwell to bring home all three points, another 3-1 win.