Kilmarnock Away Sat 16th Jan

Brazilian

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrific performance all round today. Fairly solid defensively, hard working and creative in midfield, and up front we showed pace and tenacity. The goals were all tremendous and the win was thoroughly deserved.

Absolutely delighted with it all, need to keep it going though.

I think its great Craig is making it pretty obvious he wants the job, with little hints like the other day where he said he will make transfer dealings like he is the permanent manager and now another hint dropped today

Motherwell caretaker manager Craig Brown:

"My players got what they deserved, because they've been working without a match for two weeks and it's hard to train without an incentive.

"The first goal in a game of this nature was going to be vital. If Kilmarnock had got the first goal with a new manager, they would have been right behind the team.

"To play against a new manager, especially with Jimmy's presence and motivational qualities and charismatic nature, we had to play well, and I thought we did that in the second half."

I think its great Craig is making it pretty obvious he wants the job, with little hints like the other day where he said he will make transfer dealings like he is the permanent manager and now another hint dropped today

Motherwell caretaker manager Craig Brown:

"My players got what they deserved, because they've been working without a match for two weeks and it's hard to train without an incentive.

"The first goal in a game of this nature was going to be vital. If Kilmarnock had got the first goal with a new manager, they would have been right behind the team.

"To play against a new manager, especially with Jimmy's presence and motivational qualities and charismatic nature, we had to play well, and I thought we did that in the second half."

If that happened, we would have scored 4. No joke, we were that good.

So happy to see the team play so well against a very poor Killie team and take their chances so well. Tom Hately deserves a mention for a very pro job at full back, including some real attacking moves in the last third of the game. Everyone said we would get clean sheets under Broony but 3 goals and many more chances was a bonus. Great to see JoB getting on the scoresheet which will maybe silence the 'good, but nae end product' club on here- but probably not!

Whit about Craig Thomson? Couldn,t wait to book Jim and allowed Killie so much leeway it was embarrassing. That big Bawsac Kyle should have been arrested for assault but it was so funny to see him booked for abusing the ref who had let him away with murder. Anyoneone see Archie Knox having a go at the linesman after Kyle buried Stevie H into the dugout where him and Broon were seated? Still got lots of fire in him

I was worried where we were going but this is a good bunch of players with a very good attitude who showed another side to their character today.

Back in top 6. Order is restored.

How did you guys enjoy being in the main stand rather than behind the goal ?

MON RA DOSSERS

It was funny when we thought we had scored in the first half and we were all jumping up and down but the ball went wide from forbes freekick. Wouldn't have happened if we were behind the goal.

Tremendous performance, both on and off the park, well done to the Dossers who got along and pretty much filled our section!

On the park was an absolute joy to watch. THAT was Motherwell. So good to see a team who weren't scared to put in a tackle and some of the attacking was awesome.

Right from the get go we were putting together some lovely intricate moves with some lovely flicks and touches. I don't know whether how poor Killie were flattered us a little though.

Humphrey made a massive difference when he replaced Forbes, who, in my opinion was a bit of a passenger. Was beating players and putting in some very promising crosses. Great to see the celebrations for each goal right in front of, in sometimes INTO the fans.

I'm sure when we played them earlier I came to the same conclusion about Killie and how I would be HATING to watch them. Plan A - Long high ball to Kyle, Plan B - Eh... Long high ball to Kyle. Well done to our defence for taking away his threat and allowing the midfield and attack to play their own game

Best result of the season and the second half performance was phenominal.

Tom could play anywhere and still do a competent and professional job, Obrien was immense with a top celebration that almost cost me my teeth..but today a special mention must go to Lasley and Craigan. Lasley's biggest critic but he definitely commanded midfield and Craigan was a rock today and showed he can still mix it. Now to keep that level of performance consistent.

Craig Brown must be offered a contract monday morning.

Tremendous performance, both on and off the park, well done to the Dossers who got along and pretty much filled our section!

On the park was an absolute joy to watch. THAT was Motherwell. So good to see a team who weren't scared to put in a tackle and some of the attacking was awesome.

Right from the get go we were putting together some lovely intricate moves with some lovely flicks and touches. I don't know whether how poor Killie were flattered us a little though.

Humphrey made a massive difference when he replaced Forbes, who, in my opinion was a bit of a passenger. Was beating players and putting in some very promising crosses. Great to see the celebrations for each goal right in front of, in sometimes INTO the fans.

I'm sure when we played them earlier I came to the same conclusion about Killie and how I would be HATING to watch them. Plan A - Long high ball to Kyle, Plan B - Eh... Long high ball to Kyle. Well done to our defence for taking away his threat and allowing the midfield and attack to play their own game

<_<

Really looking forward to my trip up to Inverness now on the Craig Brown 'Rule Britannia' Loyal.

That sounds a bit too Rangers like for me. Can we ditch 'Britannia' and 'loyal' from all things Claret and Amber? (or am I missing something?)

Delighted with the result today. Only word of caution, we had a similar comfortable 3-0 win over Killie earlier in the season. Actually forget those negative vibes. Europe here we come!!

That sounds a bit too Rangers like for me. Can we ditch 'Britannia' and 'loyal' from all things Claret and Amber? (or am I missing something?)

Aye you are. Check the travel sub-forum for an ironic pisstake of a bus name, that flies about as far over trafficlights head as it possibly could.