Kilmarnock Away Sat 16th Jan

Brazilian

Edmonton ......... long way from Dumbarton :woop: How much snow have you got ?

Full-time.

<_< It is a long way but that's the awesome thing about technology these days. We have snow on the ground continuously from November through March, but the roads are clear which is great.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic today. Thought we were totally hot and cold in the first half. Kille could have easily scored but thankfully the stepped it up in the second half and played as well as I've seen us ever play.

Lets start with the negatives from today, only two mind you. Hateley did ok at right back, let Gary Hay past him too many times to whip a ball in though. Would rather we had a right back in place to let Hateley spray the ball about in midfield. Forbes starting on the wing. I think the guy is a good footballer but he has no pace, think it was a good bit of management though. By playing Forbes and replacing him with Humphrey it took Killie by surprise and they couldn't deal with him.

Everything else really was a positive. Craigan used his experience today which was vital in keeping Kyle at bay. Coke and Lasley actually looked like footballers today. O'Brien was outstanding at times, still goes down too easily though. Sutton and Juke work really well together with Sutton doing all the dirty work. Now finally, Humphrey.

Out of anyone Gannon brought in, I'm glad that it's Humphrey on the 3 year deal. The boy has pace to burn and after the initial period of over doing everything coupled with his personal situation, he looks more likely to tear the league apart with every passing game. However, using him for the last half an hour as an impact sub is the way it should stay for the time being.

Glad to hear that most folk think that Coke and Lasley played well together. Playing Coke alongside either Lasley or Jennings does look on paper like the kind of midfield partnership that could serve us well.

But seriously how Motherwell lives has Keith Lasley got? Written off under McGhee, written off under Gannon. And he keeps coming back. Drop him at your peril...

Glad to hear that most folk think that Coke and Lasley played well together. Playing Coke alongside either Lasley or Jennings does look on paper like the kind of midfield partnership that could serve us well.

But seriously how Motherwell lives has Keith Lasley got? Written off under McGhee, written off under Gannon. And he keeps coming back. Drop him at your peril...

Butcher as well had a period when he didn't fancy Lasley much even though he was probably playing the best football of his career that point, he even scored goals back then!

Woohoo!

absolutely delighted with this today!

beating any team in this league 3-0 is well worth praise

almost every game for the last few months has been touted on here as potentially "defining our season" .. but most folks on this forum were nothing much more than quietly hopeful about this game .. myself included.

i'll happily predict now though that come May we'll look back on today as the day our season was saved.

been right up for J&V from day one .. and i sincerely hope they get til May at least to make their point

mon the well!!!

Was there much singing today?

The place was rockin, as well as the team played credit must go to the travelling support. Filled out the section and got right behind the team all the way through the game. Personally thought the atmosphere was absolutely brilliant and evidently the team responded. With the poor run of form of late now is the time to build on this win and get right behind the team at every given opportunity.

Next up Inverness, Lets get right in about it and show how much this cup means to us!!!

Butcher as well had a period when he didn't fancy Lasley much even though he was probably playing the best football of his career that point, he even scored goals back then!

Butcher played him on the right hand side of the midfield which clearly isnt Las position but when he did play him in the centre he was outstanding and as you said contributed with a few goals. The game against Livvi, Faddys hat-trick game I thought Lasley was totally outstanding that day in an attacking sense. Yesterday was a reminder of how good a player he can be.

Fucking brilliant! Loved it, great day boozing with my Killie mate in the sports bar before it. Then we leathered them. Great performances all round, special mentions to JOB and Coke. Humphrey was the best I've seen him yet.

Fair play to the boys sitting at the left hand side, just above the corrigated roof thing, never stopped singing the whole match. They got a good atmosphere going and even had a good few songs for our injured players who were in the stand.

Only one gripe, the sing song walking down the stairs was class except for one bawbag that has to find a way to insert the Sieg Heil. What a fud. At least it wasn't a mass chant, it was just one wee fanny.

Delighted to get the win yesterday. I was not very confident going into the match with Calderwood taking over at Rugby Park. Thought O'Brien was outstanding along with Lasley. They two were standouts for me. Thought Giles Coke was superb one minute then awful the next in the 1st half but had an excellent 2nd half. Also thought Ross Forbes is a passenger out on the left. He is far more suited to the middle of the park as he is too slow.

Thought our 2nd goal was a great break away and well worked goal. Alot of credit should be given to Coke for the cross as it was put on a plate for O'Brien.

Good 'Well support yesterday and it is good to hear the fans for 90 mins but some of the patter was fuckin murder.

Keep up the good work Broony!

Aye, second half yesterday was crackin.

First goal was superb... second one not bad either.

O'Brien had a cracking 2nd half. Jutkeiwitz, class as ever.

Humphrey was almost unplayable on the right wing. Was abolutely destroying the left back and had we got the ball out to him/O'Brien a bit more quickly/accurately we could have had 5 easy.

"Calderwood, also in white" :huh:

I'll echo pretty much everything everyone else has said. Great day, great performance. The first two goals showed we had that cutting edge we have lacked in the last wee while. Looked like the players were enjoying themselves and had been a bit of freedom to express themselves.

We took a right good crowd too, I arrived just after kick off and thought I wasny goin to find a seat.

Can't complain about the result, Motherwell were the better side and the first 2 goals were really well taken. Coke was best player on pitch by a mile.

Calderwood only came in on friday and played JJ's team and formation.

I'm sure there will be massive changes in tactics and starting 11 in the coming weeks.

Hopefully if we meet in the cup in a couple of weeks, Calderwood will have dropped a few from that starting 11 and kicked the long ball into touch.

I also think the club should have the away fans in the Main Stand for the majority of games, as it is pointless opening it and having 700 fans in it, plus i'm sure the atmostphere in 'well end was better than it would have been in the Chadwick. You'll defo be in Chadwick if we meet in cup though.

Great result yesterday never seen that one coming. :lol:

Three really good goals and delighted to see O'Brien adding the end product to his game that he has been badly lacking in the last 3 months.

Much more enjoyable to watch Browns team playing in comparison to the style of Gannon. Hopefully we'll keep Jack and Victor to the end of the season and that should see us securing a top six position.

Think they need to review booking folk for celebrating with their own fans. The speed the stewards moved to prevent the Motherwell players getting anywhere near their own fans after the 2nd and 3rd goals made Usain Bolt look like he was static. Folk shouldn't get booked for that, I know it's deemed leaving the field of play without permission and all that but I feel it's a piece of nonsense. Quality goals from Motherwell, first two especially, brilliant stuff.

Think they need to review booking folk for celebrating with their own fans. The speed the stewards moved to prevent the Motherwell players getting anywhere near their own fans after the 2nd and 3rd goals made Usain Bolt look like he was static. Folk shouldn't get booked for that, I know it's deemed leaving the field of play without permission and all that but I feel it's a piece of nonsense. Quality goals from Motherwell, first two especially, brilliant stuff.

i dunno about that, hutchison's card was harsh at perth but JOB torpedoed himself into the stand which is probably worth a yellow.

i actually thought he was going to do it again after the second and get a red but it looks as if big giles thought the same and made sure he couldn't.

the only negative about yesterday was our wingers were terrible at tracking back the killie fullbacks, apart from that thought it was an outstanding performance. what did everyone think of hately at right back? i much prefer him there than midfield, far better than yass anyway. in the transfer window all i'd go for is a striker now

3 brilliant goals, especially the first, what a move that was :lol:

Quality celebration form O'Brien as well, hopefully more like it to come :thumbup: I see the rest of the team, Coke in particualr, were smart enough not to let him repeat it though :lol: Also, I see the Duke's celebration wasnt quite as spectacular :lol: