The Spl Season Ticket Plus Idea

Steve Diggle

I posted this on Leeann's supporters consultation Forum.

The Idea is that on top of yer regular season ticket - you get an option of a season ticket 'plus' - that costs ye £50 / £60 more - a nominal fee, not a bank breaker, which means you get into all Well away SPL games by handing over a ticket from yer book. The scheme is open to season ticket holders in all the other non SPL clubs meaning that their ST holders can get into games at Fir Park in the same way.

At FP and on our travels means a better atmosphere, doesn't it?

I believe that there should be better deals for travelling fans on admission anyway and something would have to be done to help the pay at the gat dudes as well.

it's a start is it not?

or just a pipe dream?

I know it needs to be costed (although currently travelling supports are abysmal) so no much improvement required.

And it needs to get the buy in from the other SPL teams and we know JB has tried before and been let down.

it's a terrible idea.

how would you distribute the income between the clubs? how would you decide who gets into which away games if a large number of supporters subscribe? how would clubs cope with the reduction in income.

there is maybe a bit of scope to reintroduce the reciprocal arrangement we had with other clubs for season tickets but your idea is completely unworkable.

btw i hope we are letting hearts fans in for a tenner when we play them at fir park next.

Because we decided to wrap the Trust forum last time because nobody used it. This seems like a bread and butter thing that would suit that forum, yet it's on the Motherwell forum. Does that mean we wrap the Trust forum again?

I'm genuinely not having a go - it just seems that, with Leann now coming on here, it leaves a Trust forum pointless as people are wanting to (understandably) fire their ideas/concerns direct to her.

Can I politely ask why you didn't post it as a suggestion on the Trust forum?

Just playing devil's advocate here, Frazzle, but maybe he thought it was too much for the trust to achieve or even aim for whereas perhaps he thinks that the club would be in a better position to actually cost/investiagte it as a possibility...

Just a thought...

Just playing devil's advocate here, Frazzle, but maybe he thought it was too much for the trust to achieve or even aim for whereas perhaps he thinks that the club would be in a better position to actually cost/investiagte it as a possibility...

Just a thought...

I suspected that would be the case, but that's the sort of donkey work that Trusts can do on behalf of the clubs by co-operating with each other.

I'm not directly bothered about the Season Ticket Plus thing specifically - it's more the thought that every idea and suggestion is going to by fired onto the Motherwell forum now that Leann is kicking about on here. Again - entirely understandable that that's what people would do - but if that renders the Trust board pointless, I'd respectfully ask Gaag to delete it as an inactive Trust forum suggests an inactive Trust, which would not be an accurate reflection.

Without going into the one upmanship of where should it get posted,

I like the idea. Not sure how workable it is right enough and its surely open to abuse. We all pass our season tickets to our mates anyway when we can't go for any reason. Such a proposal would essentially mean we wouldn't be selling any tickets for away games as anyone who wanted to attend would just locate a season ticket holder and use their brief.

Without going into the one upmanship of where should it get posted,

I like the idea. Not sure how workable it is right enough and its surely open to abuse. We all pass our season tickets to our mates anyway when we can't go for any reason. Such a proposal would essentially mean we wouldn't be selling any tickets for away games as anyone who wanted to attend would just locate a season ticket holder and use their brief.

Fixed yer post there - saves me biting... :O:P

Anyway, that's an interesting thing - what do we reckon the percentage of season ticket holders is in the away support? If the vast majority of the away support are ST holders, would it make a difference?

If something like that was available I'd jump at it. I couldn't imagne it only being £50/£60 extra though. £150 would maybe be more realistic. Right now to attend all Motherwell SPL away games it will cost you somewhere about (and possibly above) £300.

I imagine though it would be a nightmare to plan. Say there is 3,000 Motherwell season ticket holders next season. We all buy into this new scheme (if it was £50 a head extra). Next game is Celtic away. "Allocation" of tickets could be a bit of a headache. Would we get 3,000 seats? Would more people want to go to the OF away if we used a scheme like this?

SD I like the idea in principle however adding in the whole administration side of season tickets just complicates the matter, and I reckon your price guesstimate is miles oot.

Far better some of the clubs bang their heads together and realise a reciprocal pricing agreement should be put in place for matches between said clubs.

Simples

PS and I think the club should be focussing more on home issues at present, priorities

I think the criticisms are fair - even steelboy's :O

However I think we're reaching a point where the status quo for a number of issues relating to pricing and attending the games just isn't good enough.

I know it needs to be costed - but some of the travelling supports have been woeful - I'm just suggesting something needs to be done

I posted this on Leeann's supporters consultation Forum.

The Idea is that on top of yer regular season ticket - you get an option of a season ticket 'plus' - that costs ye £50 / £60 more - a nominal fee, not a bank breaker, which means you get into all Well away SPL games by handing over a ticket from yer book. The scheme is open to season ticket holders in all the other non SPL clubs meaning that their ST holders can get into games at Fir Park in the same way.

At FP and on our travels means a better atmosphere, doesn't it?

I believe that there should be better deals for travelling fans on admission anyway and something would have to be done to help the pay at the gat dudes as well.

it's a start is it not?

or just a pipe dream?

I know it needs to be costed (although currently travelling supports are abysmal) so no much improvement required.

And it needs to get the buy in from the other SPL teams and we know JB has tried before and been let down.

I'm not sure if this is economically viable but I agree in principle. I no longer go to away games simply because of the expense but if I could afford to I would follow the team every week.

I remember the days when we would regularly take 3,000 fans to Celtic Park and its a while now since a relatively small team like Falkirk would bring 1,500 to our place for an ordinary league match. It's obvious that the atmosphere at matches has suffered terribly from reduced numbers of away fans which makes for an overall poorer match experience.

I would even accept lower gate prices for away fans than for home fans if it was carried out across the whole SPL but likely that wouldn't be popular with most home fans and it would probably never go into operation due to the risk of home fans going into the away end.

However I think something should be done to encourage fans to travel.

but some of the travelling supports have been woeful - I'm just suggesting something needs to be done

I really think the club should be working on improving the home support first!

The stadium is falling to bits, the play on the park has been pretty dire thererfore we should be looking at this first before trying some complicated away support ticketing scheme that seems unmanageable

I really think the club should be working on improving the home support first!

The stadium is falling to bits, the play on the park has been pretty dire thererfore we should be looking at this first before trying some complicated away support ticketing scheme that seems unmanageable

The drawback is that folk would exchange tickets agreed - but it's not complicated - someone turns up at a turnstile and tears a page out their book home or away - there's probably enough vouchers already in the 'well books to accomodate that.

I totally agree with what you're saying about concentrating on in house issues I'm not arguing an either / or.

My memory of good games with good atmospheres is when there's a healthy support for both teams.

How would the season ticket for away grounds work then with students who get concessions since some grounds don't allow students in under concession rates, eg St Johnstone ?

Dunno mate - it was just a suggestion - i'd imagine if it was adopted SPL wide then St Johnstone would come into line.

How would you do it?