The Spl Season Ticket Plus Idea

Steve Diggle

I really like the idea in principle too but I can see it being an absolute minefield to administer and I'd say it would actually have to managed by the SPL executive as if let to individual clubs there are far too many variables, agendas and personal interests for it to work.

A simple example is fixtures where sometimes its been known for you to play a team 3 times at home and once away in a season in the current set up. I can see some chairman grumbling at that.

I have doubts that at the end of it, whether it would generate enough additional income or even the same level to justify all the extra administration that would be required.

I recollect when MFC tried to push the issue a few years ago I think only Hearts and Killie took part and it wasn't without its hassles then with just two other teams involved.

If ironed out though I don't see why on a smaller scale we couldn't look to reintroduce reciprocal arrangements on a team by team basis once again.

The reduced entry did entice me and I always made a point of taking advantage of the discount then. These days I'm still very much in the pick and choose group of fans where affordability and ease of travel are major factors. Anything that would offer a chance to get to away games that would give better value for money is certainly worth considering.

I think it is at least the semblance of a good idea. There may be a cost to the clubs associated with admin-ing this but we should be taking the longer term outlook. Crowds are falling, a crap crowd means a crap atmosphere & pretty much crap games. All this means people don’t go or at least question what we are paying for. The Hearts games (all be it a bit of a novelty) are a shinning example for us at least, cheap prices & decent away support. At least you felt like you been at a game rather than watching the south stand clock running down

Because we decided to wrap the Trust forum last time because nobody used it. This seems like a bread and butter thing that would suit that forum, yet it's on the Motherwell forum. Does that mean we wrap the Trust forum again?

I'm genuinely not having a go - it just seems that, with Leann now coming on here, it leaves a Trust forum pointless as people are wanting to (understandably) fire their ideas/concerns direct to her.

Sorry Frazzle, but perhaps the Trust has outlived itself ............... Playing Devil's Advocate mind.

btw i hope we are letting hearts fans in for a tenner when we play them at fir park next.

And other clubs have reciprocated in the past when we've cut prices?

Great idea by Hearts just after christmas to bring in more fans. Very noble. As a 22 quider at the gate though, i didnt personally get the benefit.

Sounds like a cracking idea to me. I know I'd use it and because its not a vast amount of money, you'd still have the option to sit out some. Travelling to away grounds costs a fortune as it is without having to stump up £20+ when you get there.

m.

The Idea is that on top of yer regular season ticket - you get an option of a season ticket 'plus' - that costs ye £50 / £60 more - a nominal fee, not a bank breaker, which means you get into all Well away SPL games by handing over a ticket from yer book. The scheme is open to season ticket holders in all the other non SPL clubs meaning that their ST holders can get into games at Fir Park in the same way.

would probably have to be more like 50-60 quid more plus a fiver at the away gate.

good idea imo

I was trying to have a think about the cash side of things there.

The fairest way would be for the money from the surcharge to go into a central pot and for that to be split proportionately based on how many of that clubs ST holders had signed up.

But then that would just equate to keeping the cut coming in to your own club from your own ST holders. :doh:

:(

I wouldn't mind paying for away games up front, if I thought Motherwell were going to benefit, rather than the money going to the home team, whoever they may be. That's the reason I don't go to Ibrox or Parkhead, because I grudge giving my money to them!

that's some backwards logic. if your idea was implemented the club would have the actual money you paid them but would lose out overall. the big winners would be the old firm.

motherwell make far more off away fans than we pay out on our travels over the season, every season.

that's some backwards logic. if your idea was implemented the club would have the actual money you paid them but would lose out overall. the big winners would be the old firm.

motherwell make far more off away fans than we pay out on our travels over the season, every season.

Not if as in the 'old days', the gates were split 50-50, which is what I think the poster meant. It was at that stage, that I and many others stopped going to away matches - particularly the OF. At least with the 50-50 split Motherwell got some of your money back

Not if as in the 'old days', the gates were split 50-50, which is what I think the poster meant. It was at that stage, that I and many others stopped going to away matches - particularly the OF. At least with the 50-50 split Motherwell got some of your money back

One of the single biggest shite decisions the OF have been allowed to steamroller through in the games history.