New Manager Required, We're In The Middle Of The Transfer Window Etc Etc

Haggischomper

Where is John Boyle?

Time is marching on now and the chairman is nowhere to be seen. For all the good work he has done the past few seasons I've been disappointed he hasn't cut short his (rather long) holiday and steadied the rudder of the Good Ship Motherwell. We're a wee bit adrift and directionless right now and, at a hectic and important time like this, I must admit to being a bit scunnered he's not here to provide some direction.

He can always resume his holiday later, after all.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

spot on!

Whilst im sure he's got some great holiday snaps, we're directionless at the minute. Craig Brown needs to be installed till the end of the season or we need someone in. February the 1st is fast approaching. Big couple of weeks for Motherwell's season imo.

Why would he want to come back and sort all this shit out?

I would be sunning it up in New Zealand too.

Burst pipes, two old duds managing the club, players all pissed off and add into that we are now in the relegation mix due to us being shite for months!

Aye I would come back!

Aye, we have a manager who's been given scope to sign players. I suspect Brown will be given til the end of the season, so there's no need for him to rush back...

I'm not too bothered about Boyle's absence because he's obviously been keeping tabs on things while he's been away and as you've pointed out the manager has been given permission to sign players.

However I think he should announce that Brown/Knox will be in charge until the end of the season and that would ease a lot of the uncertainties.

If you want to run a football club part of the deal is keeping the paying customers in the loop. Are we actively pursuing a new manager?? Have we drawn up a shortlist?? Have interviews commenced?? Are we waiting to see what Brown/Knox do before we look at anyone?? Which country served you the best wine John, australia or new zealand???

A statement of intent from the owner is essential, not just nice. Craig Brown has said he can sign players and doesnt know how long he's here for. Is information from a man who doesnt seem to know the full picture yet and could possibly be out on his arse after the weekend sufficient enough for you? If it is, then fair enough

If you want to run a football club part of the deal is keeping the paying customers in the loop. Are we actively pursuing a new manager?? Have we drawn up a shortlist?? Have interviews commenced?? Are we waiting to see what Brown/Knox do before we look at anyone?? Which country served you the best wine John, australia or new zealand???

A statement of intent from the owner is essential, not just nice. Craig Brown has said he can sign players and doesnt know how long he's here for. Is information from a man who doesnt seem to know the full picture yet and could possibly be out on his arse after the weekend sufficient enough for you? If it is, then fair enough

This. Plus, I think potential signings would want to know who they are playing for/being coached by - is it Brown/Know or is that just for the rest of the season (if even that long) and some new boy comes in that maybe doesn't fancy these players and dumps them. This short-term outlook will affect our long-term ambitions, and at a time when money is tight.

This. Plus, I think potential signings would want to know who they are playing for/being coached by - is it Brown/Know or is that just for the rest of the season (if even that long) and some new boy comes in that maybe doesn't fancy these players and dumps them. This short-term outlook will affect our long-term ambitions, and at a time when money is tight.

your right about that mate i heard craig brown mention a few days ago that hes been talking to a few agents and its the first thing they ask him how long is he going to be manager for and of course he cant tell them.hopefully we can get a couple of players in but you can see how some players would be put off with us having a interim manager

MFC Press Release:

I'd just like to say that I'm back from a very productive holiday in Australia / NZ where I got thoroughly pished, had nooky with the lady and generally ate enough to retain the Christmas podge.

Sweet jesus, he's the chairman, no Paris Hilton on her twatter page!

MFC Press Release:

I'd just like to say that I'm back from a very productive holiday in Australia / NZ where I got thoroughly pished, had nooky with the lady and generally ate enough to retain the Christmas podge.

MFC Press Release:

From Motherwell Owner, John Boyle.

As you trot off to an icy Kilmarnock to lend your support to the boys and spend 20 quid for the priviledge then two days later jog up to Inverness at im sure great expense, you can rest assured that I as owner am working dilligently to either a) bring in a manager who can bring on a young team and establish Motherwell FC as a top six club...or...b) sign Craig Brown and Archie Knox on contracts till the end of the season and review this in June. Further more Craig has the mandate to strengthen our squad over the next two weeks.

That would be ample..no Paris Hilton sunbathing pictures or conversation about favourite 'candy' twitter talk required.

Exactly - and as chairman it woulda been nice for him to be around during a critical period for the club. Glad he's back now. This period right here is gonna pretty much decide our season for us - and perhaps the way we are headed over the next few seasons.

I thought appointing Brown and Knox within 24 hours of sacking Gannon was pretty effective management on Boyle's part. The players are responding favourably to the new management duo and Brown is working on the transfer market and promising at least a couple of signings.

I'd say a bit of patience is all that's needed.

I thought appointing Brown and Knox within 24 hours of sacking Gannon was pretty effective management on Boyle's part.

I agree. But even Brown and Know have said repeatedly they don't know how long they are here for - that's the concerning bit. Personally, I'd like them to have the job permanently.

Why? Motherwell Football Club is one of no doubt a few of John Boyles' companies. He no doubt has given Leeann Dempster enough powers to see to things, and if not is contactable at certain times of the day - either through phone, text or conference call.

He was on holiday when the shit hit the fan, he was on holiday when Jack & Victor were appointed - nothing says to me that nothing can be done while he's away. Although it seems he is now back.

I don't expect him to declare his return to work. He didn't declare he was away, and he doesn't give weekly updates on anything else like that (although maybe, that could be something to look at... could get boring real quickly though...)

John Boyle described losing your manager and the search for a new one as a 'traumatic time for a football club' back in June. Surely, in this 'traumatic time' he could surface to show a bit of leadership and install Brown/Knox till the end of the season, or suggest a timeline for a new boss. Even the much maligned Michael Johnston has steadied Kilmarnock by being firm and signing up Jimmy Calderwood till the end of the season.