Falkirk Away - 27th January

Stuarty

Travelling to Falkirk on Wednesday in the car. What likely going to be the best route to go from Motherwell with it being midweek? Will I get parked right next to the Falkirk Stadium in the car park or whats it like, first time to a game at the Falkirk Stadium.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Travelling to Falkirk on Wednesday in the car. What likely going to be the best route to go from Motherwell with it being midweek? Will I get parked right next to the Falkirk Stadium in the car park or whats it like, first time to a game at the Falkirk Stadium.

I would avoid the M74/M73 head up to newhouse and take the A73 through chapelhall and airdrie to auchenkilns junction at cumbernauld then up the A80, although if you know the road or have a Sat Nav go through Slammanan into Falkirk and head for grangemouth.

Falkirk took a deserved beating today and we won comfortably yesterday. All the hallmarks of a straightforward away win <_<

If only life was so simple. One thing is for sure - Falkirk WILL not play as bad as that again. Teams generally don't play that badly against us.

Still - I will be bold and go for a 2-0 or 2-1 away win.

Was very surprised to see Flkirk get gubbed like that today, but quite often playing a team just after they've had a particularly humiliating defeat can be the worst time to play them. Falkirk are bottom of the league and we are in 6th so we really should be looking to take 3 points from this. It never works out like that though does it?

I would be extremely disappointed with a defeat, but not entirely surprised as that's often the way these things go.

Who knows though?!

Falkirk's last two league games have probably been their best and worst of the season. I find it highly unlikely they will be as bad again on Wednesday as they were today but their confidence will be fragile so if we can nick the first goal we should be able to go on and beat them. However my suspicion is that it'll be a 1-1 draw with us equalising in last twenty minutes. I believe that an away draw in this league is never a bad result and that is the minimum we should be getting from this.

Falkirk can't be that bad again can they? They made Dundee United look very good today, which they aren't - as has been proven the two times we played them. I'm more worried about this game, than I was Killie away or St Mirren.

On the save side, I'll go 2-1 to us - if the Duke is fit, if not then 1-0 with Murphy or Sutton scoring - but could easily be 1-1.

Falkirk's humping on Sunday makes me more nervous than I previously was! You often see teams who play so poorly and get savaged by their fans and the manager show a positive reaction next time out, so I anticipate a very tough night.

That said we should have plenty of confidence, and I'd pick the same team if the Duke is fit, otherwise Murph can start after his goal on Saturday.

Our record aint great at Falkirk recently, so draw wouldn't be too bad an outcome. Having said that, I think if we go at them from the off they will be nervy, and an early goal for us could see them collapse.

2-0 to us.

Am torn with the formation. I like Coke and lasley together in the midfield but feel that forbes best position is in the centre of the park. Not sure if Brown is one for the diamond formation.....no don't think so.

Would have to go for hutchison over craigen as he looked slow and I think the new falkirk signing is quick. Alternatively put reynolds on him and hope that he doesn't just batter him. Think there new guy is 6 foot 5 or something. Suppose thats a reason to out work them in midfield and keep lasley and coke in there.

1-0 to the well. Coke to score.

This will be a crucial game, a win for Falkirk will see them off the bottom of the table and a win for us will see us leap frog the diet h**s. I'll go for the same line up as Saturday with Murphy and Humphrey to come of the bench to make the difference in the last 20 mins

2 - 0 'Well