Cheap(er) Season Tickets

Juan Kerse

Funny one from Mansfield.

What would you actually pay?

If it was after pay day I would pay what I think a Motherwell game is worth in terms of value - prob a tenner and no more. If I was struggling I would slip in a couple of quid and I doubt Iwould feel that I was robbing the club either. I wouldn't pay less than a couple of quid - paying literally pennies would do no good at all!! A couple of quid though is still a couple of quid!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion is that, if it were feasible, that football across the SPL would be £12, £10 and £6. I'd pay my £10 and be happy paying that as I think that's what it's worth.

It'd be an interesting idea for the club to do maybe say pay between £2 and £22, you decide. It would be an interesting thing to do, but the chances are up here, you'd get folk just paying £2, but it'd be interesting to see exactly how effective it would be and if we had a dramatic decrease in attendance numbers etc.

Maybe something to think about running post split?

My opinion is that, if it were feasible, that football across the SPL would be £12, £10 and £6. I'd pay my £10 and be happy paying that as I think that's what it's worth.
If you were paying 10 quid, though, you wouldn't be able to watch the same quality as we couldn't afford the current standard of players on show.

The turnstyle operator on Saturday seemed to be operating this make up your own price policy already.

Handed over a twenty and as he gave me no change he thought he was doing me a favour by not asking for another £2.

Only to be reminded that the admission to the East Stand had a price fixed at £18. :lol:

Heard about a trial a Scottish 1st division team was running last year, I think it was either Raith Rovers or Ross County. Basically everyone pays a flat fee of £10 to get in, but at the end of the game they have a sort of honesy box which you can put more money into if you think the game was entertaining enough and worth more than your tenner.

Could that idea be used to get something similar set up?

Heard about a trial a Scottish 1st division team was running last year, I think it was either Raith Rovers or Ross County. Basically everyone pays a flat fee of £10 to get in, but at the end of the game they have a sort of honesy box which you can put more money into if you think the game was entertaining enough and worth more than your tenner.

Could that idea be used to get something similar set up?

Folk would end up taking money out, and the box would probably get knocked!

Our season ticket prices aren't bad al things considered, benefits have been eroded through time with Cup games and friendlies being taken off but over all East Stand works out about £14 per game I think. Reasonable by comparison but prices overall are too high simple as that. Gate prices should be about that I reckon, SPL fitba' just isn't worth £20+, EPL isnae worth £20 for that matter. Without the whole country agreeing to cut wage bills we'll never see value for money.

Me and the Mrs went to see Avatar at the cinema last Wednesday, it cost us just over £10 for our tickets and 3D glasses (courtesy of Orange). It lasted over 3 hours of continuous entertainment which broke the innovation barriers from what I'd seen before.

Putting Saturday's game in context with above means for us both to attend it would have been £36 for 1 hour 30 minutes of ..... I use the term loosely ...... "entertainment". Sitting in a stand without an adequate public address system (There must be Health & Safety/Policing issues with it), not much above freezing, stand with buckets all over the place to catch the leaking roof water, toilets that remind me of Transpotting and catering inadequacies that's been well covered. But remember kids, you can't smoke due to the health and safety issues.

From the scheme above Orange subsidise it to a degree and get advertising/sales but the cinema's obviously make a lot of money from ancillary services on the day. When football clubs offer no/few initiatives to attract a dwindling attendances then it needs addressed and lazy management highlighted.

When you put things in context with other entertainment/hobbies out there at present then something major needs done to make the product more attractive because its not cutting it and dwindling crowds, TV audiences and revenue are inevitable.

NB Would never take the girlfriend to the football, she wouldn't thank me and I won't want her there. She'd get bored after 5 minutes and start asking questions. I go to Fir Park for peace and an early heart attack.

I feel we could do a lot worse than look to the Yanks for a little inspiration with this , when i was in Houston for Wrestlemania in april I went to a Rockets v Magic game at the Toyota Center and I was ashamed when I thought of what we offer for "sporting entertainment" back home.

The arena was split cost wise so EVERYONE from the poorest to the minted could attend and was chocca over an hour before tip off,fans band/singing section, people having a beer in the bars,sit down meals in the restaurants, beers + burgers from wandering vendors,browsing round the shop. There was a kid DJing in the foyer, cheerleaders posing for pictures, Lifesize Cardboard players for photos,competitions to enter. Then during the game EVERY break in play was methodically planned, cheerleaders,Dancers,Mascots running around shooting t-shirts + caps into the crowd as well as games for the fans where they could win upgrade seats/free tickets/meals etc. 3-4 hours decent entertainment for $25 (we bought decent seats lol,cheapest were $:O

A world away from £20-£25 to sit in a shitey rustbucket for 90 mins with honking "food", freezing temps,and nothing apart from poor/average football on show.

Yes Ticket Pricing needs to be reduced but I think we need to turn a home game into an event/occasion.Try get the cooper lounge full for food etc, (not much else we can do refreshment wise till we move to a new ground) and inside the ground have decent grub + prices at the kiosks, the Mascots handing out T-Shirts/Caps, esp to the family section,Mascots getting kids trackside for photos, maybe get some proper cheerleaders (scottish rockettes) as well as dancing,they can wander round the track having photos taken wi fans, An on pitch MC offering comps like a fan half time penalty challenge / crossbar challenge with cash prizes, free meals in the centenary etc for answering trivia questions / guessing players fav songs (that would need a working pa system tho). Try create a singing section/choir (not 10 drunk fannies with shite patter) to make some atmosphere. Im sure theres more I could add but think how something like that could help our crowds. And it wouldnt cost the earth

Promo T-Shirts / Caps / Badges are relatively cheap to purchase, we already have an MC + albeit dodgy cheerleaders, vouchers spent at the club shop,free meals but you make money on the drink + even gain repeat custom if they have a nice meal, few small/medium cash prizes wouldnt matter if gates increased even a little + the experience of getting out to try hit the crossbar or score a pen is great + a laugh even if you dont win.

Kids maybe get a t-shirt or a photo on the pitch and are delighted + desperate to go back, guys getting a decent scran at the kiosks,watching some quality fanny dance + wiggle and a chance of answering questions or getting out on the pitch for a laugh/winning £50/ club vouchers or a free meal for you + the mrs, oh and theres the footie on top! All together an experience + not just an expensive game of fitba