If The Money Was Made Available To Sign Ruddy Or The Duke, Who Would You Want? And Why?

jonnymfc

If the money was made available to sign Ruddy or The Duke, who would you want? and Why?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. If we could get the money together to sign Ruddy or The Duke

• I would prefer Ruddy
    • I would prefer The Duke

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to go with Ruddy as i've been impressed by him ever since he came to the club especially his triple save up at Tannadice and the penalty stop over in Romania were world class.

It took a while for Jutkiewicz to find his game but now he has got going he does look a real handful for opposition defenders and without his 8 goals we would be struggling this season.

The Duke, every time. Goalscorers are difficult to come by at the best of times. It would be much easier to sign another keeper from elsewhere than find someone who can bag 20 goals or so a season.

I'll disagree with you there WeeYin. I tink we have had a pretty fair return through the years in regards to strikers - Coyne, Coyle, Arnott, Skippy, Porter and to a lesser extent The Duke and Sutton. We have always struggled with keepers and not just guys we have signed from other teams but also our own guys - just when WAS the last time we developed a 1st-choice number one of our own? Ally Maxwell? For me Ruddy represents the best keeper we have had at Fir Park since, probably Dykstra and he has the capabilty of turning a sure defeat into a draw for us. Strikers, I feel, we are pretty well served for. Add in the confidence a defence gets (and our defence in particular!!) from a solid number one and it's gotta be Ruddy for me over The Duke.

The Duke, every time. Goalscorers are difficult to come by at the best of times. It would be much easier to sign another keeper from elsewhere than find someone who can bag 20 goals or so a season.

100% Agreed. Also easier to loan very good goalkeepers due to the unwillingness of managers to rotate them. Most clubs like to keep two good strikers on the bench with another two or three waiting in the wings.

Both good players but if you want to win games you need to score goals and I'd rather have an average goalkeeper and a good forward than a good goalkeeper and an average forward.

Out of the two I'd take Jutkiewicz.

Aside from that reckoning goal scorers have better sell on value. How much money have we brought in from goalkeepers? And how much from forward players?

Jutkiewitz between the two on them individually.

Jutkiewitz again on contributing to the team. Ruddy is good but he is not as outstanding as people claim him to have been. He was lobbeb by a Bellshill player ffs hahaha.

Frazer is more than capable in the SPL and as has been said. An average 'keeper and good striker over, good 'keeper and average striker anyday.

Also, if Ruddy was the best 'keeper in the SPL then there wouldn't be any talk of him staying on.