Brown Confirmed As Perm Manager

dixie1886

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard the news on telly earlier. Good luck to the old timers, they've made a good start, and whilst they mightn't be the most inspired appointment possible, the safe pair of hands tactic has so far been vindicated.

:lol: I'd have said it was the most inspired possible, ex Scotland manager ffs. Who else was there? :doh:

Trafficlight is suggesting that appointing a 69 year old isn't exactly the fresh faced new ideas kind of guy Gannon was(or claimed to be) but is a safe pair of hands.

I'd suspect if it was a different poster Mon_da_well you wouldnt even bat an eyelid. Perfectly good forum to rip into Trafficlight anytime you want on the Man U thread.

Trafficlight is suggesting that appointing a 69 year old isn't exactly the fresh faced new ideas kind of guy Gannon was(or claimed to be) but is a safe pair of hands.

I'd suspect if it was a different poster Mon_da_well you wouldnt even bat an eyelid. Perfectly good forum to rip into Trafficlight anytime you want on the Man U thread.

:evilgrin: I'm almost positive trafficlight is more than capable of justifying his own opinions, but I'm sure he'll appreciate you jumping in to defend his honour.

Doesn't matter who posted it, I disagreed and replied, geez peace.

Anyone with a bit of savvy can see exactly what Trafficlight means. Just cause you think the guys a dick doesnt mean you have to lower yourself to your own view of him. Thats just my view. Knock yourself out.

But back to the point, naw he's no the most inspired choice or progressive thinker we could of had. But he's a safe pair of hands, knows scottish football inside out and will make us hard to beat..much like his previous managerial posts.

Anyone with a bit of savvy can see exactly what Trafficlight means. Just cause you think the guys a dick doesnt mean you have to lower yourself to your own view of him. Thats just my view. Knock yourself out.

And he does talk some amount of utter shite. Craig Brown is a former Scotland boss so must be an inspired choice :evilgrin: . So are McLeish, Burley and Vogts!!

But back to the point, naw he's no the most inspired choice or progressive thinker we could of had. But he's a safe pair of hands, knows scottish football inside out and will make us hard to beat..much like his previous managerial posts.

Just cause I think he's a dick doesn't mean anything, I still disagree.

Who would have been a more 'inspired' choice then?

And he does talk some amount of utter shite. Craig Brown is a former Scotland boss so must be an inspired choice :evilgrin: . So are McLeish, Burley and Vogts!!

Yeah, those would have been smashing appointments too. I didn't pick up you meant age because Man Utd are managed by a man who is ages with Brown. My bad for not being a mind reader.

How magninimous of you.

Im pretty fucking sure every other Motherwell fan expected a long drawn out process to appoint a manager who will be here for the forseeable future and will build his own team and own style of football. Would that be inspired?

What Motherwell did was appoint a guy who has a proven record as a coach and manager and is known and respected throughout the game. The kind of guy who can stable the ship and do what needs to be done without being flashy or trying to make a name for himself.

Also, it was inspired because he was chosen from the off as he has a record that speaks for himself. Craig Brown doesnt need weeks of interogation to impress the board of a football club.

That makes Brown an inspired choice.