Brown Confirmed As Perm Manager

dixie1886

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But was appointed twenty odd year ago and no two minutes ago.

Brown as i said im sure will do a good job and has all my support. To call the full time appointment of the interim manager, a 69 year old out of club football for 5 years "inspired", is stretching an enthusiast response to a whole new level.

Good appointment, great news, competent manager. Inspired?

That makes Brown an inspired choice.

I disagree, but that's football. I thought Gannon was an inspired choice and could have proved brilliant, but that's in the past. Brown is a safe choice - he's never been brilliant, and at his age never will be - but he'll do a job and will produce stability without ever setting the heather alight. Definitely a safe pair of hands who knows his way around the Scottish game.

Jeeso there's some crap posted on this thread... :P . Anyway Scotland's former and successfull manager and a number 2 whose c.v. is as impressive as anyone in British football for me is definately a fab appointment. Honestly read what the players are saying in the press. JACK AND VICTORS MOTHERWELL ARMY!!! Count me in. -_- .

Im undecided, I've got to say. Im happy they have got it in the short term. Everyone can see they have arrested our slump and got a new found 'happy' vibe to the squad.

In the long term Im not sure they can give us a team to push us to the level we all would like i.e - going for Europe every other season. I know, we have absolutley no right to expect this since we are effectivley a small team, but McGhee did it, and I think Gannon had the potential to do it. Im not so sure with Brown, although I would be more than happy for him to convince us otherwise.

Think it is a good choice is expericed and clearly knows what he is doing. He also must have some contacts to bring in good players. The thing that worries me is that he still has no contract if he last till the summer we wont have had a manager with a contract for a year! Also Gannon was fired because he would not sign one seems strange?

Well done Mr Boyle.

As I've said. Where ae we going to get someone with this kind of experience who isn't going to whore himself for a better offer.

Use his ability and experience to coach someone like Stephen Craigan for next boss.

Loyalty is the name of this game!!!

C'mon the 'well

Always thought this would be the best option, good work John boy!!

Here's hoping Jack and Victor can lead us into the top six and...well, who knows what else beyond that.

I wonder if Boyle and the board are thinking of utilising the knowledge and experience of Brown and Knox to groom the next manager, if someone like craggs was to take the hotseat then he could do far worse than be coached by the current management team

Brought in straight from Aberdeen as manager but I think he registered as a player too - I remember him playing with the reserves mostly. Think he got a game (maybe 2) for the 1st team when we had an injury crisis.

He was a player under McLean before he went to hearts. When I mean promoting form within the club I mean Malpas material. As for McLeish he turned a title challenging team in to a relegtion fodder. How did that work out not too bad?