January Transfer Window

TAM

Well with the transfer window opening later this week, things have quitened down over the signing of new players in January over the past few days.

Latest through the rumour mill is that there is going to be a loan til the end of the season for Killen and aparently a defender coming from Hibs.

Name soon to follow.....

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After saturday I feeling a lot more optimistic that we can push on for top 6.

If Porter goes we need someone of similar mopuld to give Sutton competition. Other than that between current Porter, Sutton, Clarkson, Murphy, O'Brien, D Smith and with McHugh getting flung on he might be in McGhee's thinking I think we got what need up front barring McGhee unearthing some gem of a player that would be a real stand out.

Midfield wise it maybe a bit early to consider Klimpl a shoe in regular starter but think between him, Hughes, Fitz, Lasley, McGarry can make for decent midfield 3 combos. I'd like to see Malcolm off the wage bill though and maybe some else come in if we can add someone with a bit of guile or who could carry a goal threat.

At the back, well I think on their day Quinn, Craigan, Reynolds, Hammell can make a decent unit but feel it is our weakest area at least re cover. We all want an imposing centre half and very least a bit more competition for Hammell.

Happy enough with our goalie, but indeed if that polish lad formerly of Utd was in our price range I'd get rid of the faroese boy on loan and give Smith both competition and incentive to decide his future one way or other.

I hope that I am wrong here, but I can't see us bringing in any new faces come January. I can see us maybe getting one or two on loan at a push and expect Klimpl's loan period extended. It will be a case of make do with what we have in my opinion.

After being severly understrength as a result of a lack of additions in the summer I really hope your wrong mate

Radio Clyde ran a story earlier that we were tracking a keeper from Linfied. Said he was out of contract in the summer - found this on BBC...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ell/7804527.stm

looking at this story makes me think that either Smith could be sold during the transfer window and Mannus bought for a nominal fee or this could be part of a ploy by us to make Smith sign a new contract.

I think they should try and go for some League 1 players. I mean we got Porter from Oldham and he's been a decent signing. Plus their wages will not be as crazy as the Championship.

Should try and steal a few of Leeds young players. They have a new manager and may be willing to let some of them go to get his own players in. Peterborough also have some decent players like George Boyd and Aaron McLean.

I also think as well that McGhee should possibly try and use his contacts in Germany to bring in a few youngsters from the Bundesliga. Alot of these young players will never get to first team football as foreign players get bought instead.

I think they should try and go for some League 1 players.

Mate , I know league 1 has been compared to SPL standard of team and player in the past but that is completely wrong. Yes they earn the same and crowds are similar but man for man the players are of a lesser standard and the football is DIRE.

If we can add this big english boy in at the back then fair enough, I like a Birtish/Scottish spine to a team as much as the next man, but in order for us to offer a wee bit of something different we need to look abroad and bring in some flair and skill from somewhere else.

Look at us in the UEFA, our football here is so primitive and we were crying out for some foreign flair to match Nancy's technical prowess.

We need to add a couple of boys from either Portugal, Peru or Paraguay, wherever, just to give us an edge that we are seriously lacking.

Motherwell manager Mark McGhee has been in touch with his former Aberdeen team-mate Alex McLeish, the Birmingham City manager, for permission to take goalkeeper Artur Krysiak on loan.

Ironically, the 19-year-old Pole made his senior debut against Motherwell while on loan to Gretna last season, one of four first-team appearances he made for the doomed Borderers.

McGhee has moved swiftly to provide competition for first-choice Graeme Smith after Faroese goalkeeper Gunnar Nielsen returned to Blackburn Rovers at the end of his loan period following Saturday's win over Inverness.

Krysiak has also played for York City in the Blue Square Premier League and Swansea in the Championship in loan spells during this campaign.

Motherwell manager Mark McGhee has been in touch with his former Aberdeen team-mate Alex McLeish, the Birmingham City manager, for permission to take goalkeeper Artur Krysiak on loan.

Now this might be a strange time to say, that a couple of months ago, I am positive that I saw McLeish leaving Loanhead.......... the town where Buzz lives :D My kids reckon that it was his brother as they look a lot like each other......... could Buzz be a part of any deal :D

Ironically, the 19-year-old Pole made his senior debut against Motherwell while on loan to Gretna last season, one of four first-team appearances he made for the doomed Borderers.

McGhee has moved swiftly to provide competition for first-choice Graeme Smith after Faroese goalkeeper Gunnar Nielsen returned to Blackburn Rovers at the end of his loan period following Saturday's win over Inverness.

Krysiak has also played for York City in the Blue Square Premier League and Swansea in the Championship in loan spells during this campaign.

The guy looked an absolute bombscare, no thanks.

I tell you what I am majorly disappointed that we've let Neilsen go back to Blackburn and we haven't got in another backup keeper yet or more players.

C'Mon McGhee the transfer window has been open for a few hours now for f'sake.

Too busy celebrating Xmas and the New Year and taking your eye of the ball have you?

:woop::woop::woop:

Thought i'd say it before someone else came out with it.

I tell you what I am majorly disappointed that we've let Neilsen go back to Blackburn and we haven't got in another backup keeper yet or more players.

C'Mon McGhee the transfer window has been open for a few hours now for f'sake.

Too busy celebrating Xmas and the New Year and taking your eye of the ball have you?

:woop::woop::woop:

Thought i'd say it before someone else came out with it.

Yeah, but you were being tounge in cheek where as others would have been deadly serious hah

I hope that I am wrong here, but I can't see us bringing in any new faces come January. I can see us maybe getting one or two on loan at a push and expect Klimpl's loan period extended. It will be a case of make do with what we have in my opinion.

Hasn't it already been stated by McGhee that unless someone is sold there is no money to bring anyone in?