January Transfer Window

TAM

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was a name that came to mind after MM's comments on picking up the phone. But with Killen going out I thought Celtic would only let another go if they got Fletcher.

Give the boy a chance he has SPL experience and has scored at this level. He will add depth to the squad with cover style wise for Sutton.

Any player that pulls on the C&A deserves to be given our backing.

As the resident negative bastard on here, I'd have to say I actually think Sheridan will do alright. Could see him combining well with Clarkson. I guess he won't be eligible against Celtic, but I'm wondering about the Scottish Cup assuming we get through tonight? Available or not? Not bad signing. Would have preferred someone who would be available against all other SPL sides but he'll do...

EDIT German winger is called Semih Aydilek. I'll go first, will I? First time McLeish has given Motherwell supporters anything resembling a semi...

I can understand those who are frustrated with MM or Motherwells lack of recruitement/loan signings. The squad is lightweight however you look at it and has been for over a year. I agree the first team is as good as it has been for a number of years but whoever said if injuries come about to our best players again (Clarkson) we are in trouble, is right.

What gets my heckles up is constantly being told by those at the club that we are looking at players. Some people on here have been saying it's not MM's fault he can't get players at this moment in time. That may be true. Perhaps he needs another year to find someone who can make our squad stronger.

What interests me is that when Boyle gave MM his pay rise, did MM also not negociate a future transfer budget.

It's beginning to look like Boyle said, `you can have a pay rise but it will mean there is no money for building the squad`.

I don't want us to spend money if it's not there. I don't mind if we settle for bottom six and give the youth a chance. I do dislike being treated as daft though.

Oh I see we have captured Sheridan since writing this. Everythings Ok now. I take it all back.

Honestly the transfer window does my nut in looking accross the dual carriageway a team that beat us 2 - 0 on our last outing.

Is signing players like they didn't have a squad in the first place!!!!

How an earth can they manage to pay all the extra wages when there home support is by far the lowest in the league?

I understand mcghee's point of view in not making signings for signings sake but is if billy reid is able to make multiple loan deals how can we not?

I just want to see something the quiteness is unsettling with 45 minutes to go and our next game is against them.

Time will tell if we make no signings and beat them then fair enough but it begs the question just now if we lose to them again why were neccasary measures not taken?

We are the pride of lanarkshire it's never been under threat but there current form is impressive and it will see billy reid take manager of the month, where we sell a player for 400k and still don't have the money made available.

I better shut up b4 this sounds like the " we deserve better campaign!!!!

Germany under 19 winger. Their other winger joined West Ham for £9m, hope this guys half as good. Last young winger to head north on loan from Birmingham was Aluko he did not to bad for the Dons last year.

It is progress!

I've said it b4 and i'll say it again lappin was speaking to his new manager about getting a shot in the norwich team.

it's too soon for him to jump ship and in his opinion he wanted something new , gus macpherson he said was by far the best manager he's worked under so maybe ahave a chance but it was only 2 weeks ago we spoke and that would surprise the hell out of me!!!

SSN website was reporting that we have 2 in and there is 1 more possibilty but when i refreshed the page to post a link to here the storys been removed?

Given that it's now 7 o'clock, I'm assuming any attempt at a third signing has fallen by the wayside. S'ppose it must have been the guy Webster...

Well McGhee fulfilled his promise and brought in a winger and a striker!

I can't believe how negative some on here are getting. One thing about the gaffer is that he is nothing but brutally honest with us since he got here, you cannot accuse him of bullshitting us at all.

Good luck to the new guys, they will get my backing when they get their shot!

Particularly since we sold Porter, then the next game struggle to score......

Hmmm... I'm sure Porter played against Falkirk though, another team we struggled to score against....

Probably bollocks but I have seen it mentioned a few times. I have also seen him linked with St Mirren and Inverness(Barrett that is)

although not transfer window, Mo Ross has been released and is back in Scotland, as he was binned during the window he can still sign for a team, Worth a punt? even just till end of season? has played at a decent level and can play both full back positions, could give us some strength in depth