January Transfer Window

TAM

Fact is, McGhee did state that he had 2 or 3 clubs he could phone should Porter leave. it's been clear from Friday that Porter was leaving. And nothing appears to have been done. We might now go into the second half of the season with a weakened squad. A squad that even with Porter, struggled with a couple of key injuries. And who's to say it won't happen again...

Are you his PA? How do you know he hasn't phoned these clubs and they have said ok, and then the player has went "fuck no". Or they are is discussions right now?

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right i havent refreshed this page for 9minutes there must be something new :nod:

Thats pretty much what I'm doing now, trying to stay away from clicking different web pages (here, 'fishal, BBC, Sky Sports..) hoping to go back and find news!

Awk, please McGhee, just the one, at least..

I will be shocked if we manage to get anyone in. As usual we leave it until the final day, a day we also have a match as well. If McGhee has one failing it's his ability to sort out transfers and loans for players. It would not surprise me if by 5pm tonight we still have the same squad with no new faces. McGhee says that he only needs to make a call and a player will be available on loan. Over to you Mark.

my thoughts exactly, im prepared to bet that we will not sign anyone by the end of this window!

Are you his PA? How do you know he hasn't phoned these clubs and they have said ok, and then the player has went "fuck no". Or they are is discussions right now?

No, but as I said he could have made these phone calls on Friday and heard "Fuck, no" then and moved on to other targets. If he's in discussions right now, we're cutting it fine. I know (rightly) I have a reputation as a McGhee basher on here. But he's giving me plenty of material right now. If we don't sign anyone today, questions have to be asked...

No, but as I said he could have made these phone calls on Friday and heard "Fuck, no" then and moved on to other targets. If he's in discussions right now, we're cutting it fine. I know (rightly) I have a reputation as a McGhee basher on here. But he's giving me plenty of material right now. If we don't sign anyone today, questions have to be asked...

Lets get the pitch forks out and chase him and his family out of town!

... or truths have to be told. Has JB tied MM's hands when it comes to transfers. Why is money so tight? Is it because we're only getting 4500 bums on seats and that isn't enough to cover the costs.

Ever thought it may not all be down to McGhee??

Smacks of desperation by some people on here to sign someone just for the sake of it. Yes we would like to see a signing but surely for the benefit of the team and at a price we can afford.

Yeah...and it was the exact same during the last transfer window if I remember right when People were saying the same as you give him a chance, transfer windows not shut yet..mibbees aye..mibbees naw....!!! same auld pish...we left it too late because Mark McGhee after promising once again plenty of signings was almost on a plane to Lithuania. HE himself said he had Porters wages which must run into a few grand a week to play with

I cannot for the life of me believe that fans are pissed of because McGhee can't get the play he wants!

I think people just expected McGhee to be able to sign players at will. We have a good squad - in fact one of the better SPL squads - considering the strength on the bench.

Well, whatever happens, there's just over two hours left to do it in....

1439: The Scottish Football Association have no plans to extend the transfer window beyond 5pm after the move got the go-ahead down in England.

Well maybe he should shut his bloody mouth then and quit saying he has 50 loan signing targets and other foreign sources he can call on etc...what the heck do you expect us to think when he says things like that...Fair enough if the player doesn't want to come here but there isn't any rumours of that other than Teale, that lets face it was never going to happen. Once Derby got their man they weren't interested. Its funny how Hamilton and other teams can bring in plenty of bloody cover and we can't...!!

Pretty bloody obvious we are not in the same league as Arsenal and the quality of player they are interested in is way out of our league :nod: ...!!..Sorry...I am just so bloody frustrated...once again we are leaving it to the last minute and I can't believe people on here think we have a decent team...We have no strength in depth outwith the first team..NONE whatsoever...none of the kids are ready...We bloody need cover in defence and up front...So as usual we will watch the countdown and be bloody disappointed again...PLEASE prove me wrong..!!..AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH...being a Well fan is bloody torture..!!