January Transfer Window

TAM

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't seem to be much happening.

Cardiff have made a bid for Fletcher tho. It will be sore day for Hibs fans if they lose Fletch & Jones.

Apparently Jones is staying, they've knocked back whatever Forest offered. I'm becoming a bit concerned about the lack of even a rumour down Fir Park way. Are we going to blame the snow/the Inverurie game for the lack of even a loan signing??

I'm staying optimistic about getting at least one player in.

Surely, where ever McGhee is be it on the motorway, a stop-off point between here and Inverurie, anywhere.. he can pick up a phone and phone those 2 or 3 people and ask "Porters away, can we get your player?".

It may well not be as simple as that but, pick up a phone and call them McGhee, give us some hope! :wallbash:

I'm staying optimistic about getting at least one player in.

I'll be pissed if it is only one player. This squad needs at least three players able to challenge for a first team start. We needed them at the start of the season and with hours left of this window, we still need them.

Come on Motherwell, lets see some ambition.

I'll be pissed if it is only one player. This squad needs at least three players able to challenge for a first team start. We needed them at the start of the season and with hours left of this window, we still need them.

Yeah, you may well be right, we do need several fresh faces in the squad. But, right now we're struggling to be rumoured with one player never mind bring 3 in..

One at a time.. :wallbash:

I thought we might be sniffing round Livingston for Dave Mackay and possibly the boy Henderson (?) if they're having problems paying wages. Obviously we need a centre forward and I don't know who they have in that position...

They got that boy Leigh Griffiths upfront. Don`t know much about him, but a do member his name being linked with us and hes in the top Scoring charts! Also, the boy from Morton, McCalister. Saw him v Accies last season and thought he looked decent, not even realising thats who it was. Morton wanted a few hundred K for him tho.

I'd like to see a loan signing purely for a bit of competition/depth up front but I quite happy with Sutton, Clarkson and Murphy(despite that sitter).

For me Sutton being able to fill Porters books is still a bit of a big if, but in theory why he can't do a turn in his own way while we essentially keep same style of play doesn't seem a huge issue. With Clarkson beside him and O'Brien in advanced wide role I think we not badly off with Murphy and Smith to come off the bench. We could maybe use another more orthodox striker should Sutton struggle or be missing with injury but if nothing happens nothing happens I think we'll be fine as is.

I want to see players in place for next season more than rushing in someone just now.

While, I might agree with you, right now I'd settle for a third centre forward on our books by 5pm...

Agreed, but what confounds me the most is that we (Motherwell) have left it so late to secure anyone. We may now be relying on other clubs to get their targets before they allow `our loans` to leave. That to me is poor business. People may say we have been waiting for the Porter situation to work out, but here was me thinking MM had a number of (loan) targets he wanted to bring in even if Porter stayed.

he had 50 loan targets did he not? come on i'll be happy with one!
He did, but the joy of the transfer window is that nothing happens for most of it and then there is a mad scramble at the end as players and clubs hold out of the best deal.

I will be shocked if we manage to get anyone in. As usual we leave it until the final day, a day we also have a match as well. If McGhee has one failing it's his ability to sort out transfers and loans for players. It would not surprise me if by 5pm tonight we still have the same squad with no new faces. McGhee says that he only needs to make a call and a player will be available on loan. Over to you Mark.

I will be shocked if we manage to get anyone in. As usual we leave it until the final day, a day we also have a match as well. If McGhee has one failing it's his ability to sort out transfers and loans for players. It would not surprise me if by 5pm tonight we still have the same squad with no new faces. McGhee says that he only needs to make a call and a player will be available on loan. Over to you Mark.

What do you want him to do?

Just sign players cos we should? If there is nothing out there than whats the point.

Most of the Scottish clubs have lost their top players in the last few days - including us while bringing in no-one. If thats not a sign that there is no money in Scottish football then what other signs do you need?

Celtic getting outbid by Cardiff for Fletcher. Rangers struggling to get loan deals etc?

This is reality - not Football Manager!

Fact is, McGhee did state that he had 2 or 3 clubs he could phone should Porter leave. it's been clear from Friday that Porter was leaving. And nothing appears to have been done. We might now go into the second half of the season with a weakened squad. A squad that even with Porter, struggled with a couple of key injuries. And who's to say it won't happen again...