January Transfer Window

TAM

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would bite there hand off tbh

if a £250k bid came in for Porter I'd be very interested in MM's reaction, as I said in an earlier post if Ports was funded from Boyle's pocket then MM isn't sure to get this money both fee and wages to then boost the squad. It may be better to hold on to him till the summer as it would only be Boyle out of pocket if he went for nowt!

if a £250k bid came in for Porter I'd be very interested in MM's reaction, as I said in an earlier post if Ports was funded from Boyle's pocket then MM isn't sure to get this money both fee and wages to then boost the squad. It may be better to hold on to him till the summer as it would only be Boyle out of pocket if he went for nowt!

How much truth is there in the rumour(s) about Boyle funding players directly? Does anyone have any hard evidence of this as I've heard lots of various "apparently" and "a mate said" about Porter, Hughes, Malcolm etc being purchased and paid weekly straight from Boyle's own pocket? "Apparently Well's wage cap is £2000p/w and anything over that Boyle sees to directly, up to and over £6000p/w for certain players" was the best one! If anyone currently at well is getting £6000 a week then I'm trading in my ST for a half-eaten wham bar.

I would have thought if there is a 'signing-on-fee' cap or wage cap then its there for business/monetary reasons and would be adhered to.

I was always of the belief that Porter is on £4,000 p/w and Hughes is £3,000 p/w with the rest on no more than £1,500.

Thats the thing though, its just what you beleive is the situation. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that no one really seems to know 100% what goes on with the wages or transfer fees except the clubs, players and agents, or what the situation is with the money that MM does or doesn't have to spend as a result of any ivolvement by Boyle.

I'd like to think that if Boyle would be willing to spend a few grand a week on players wages then, considering he's worth over £120m, he wouldn't mind spending a bit extra on getting decent players.

Thats the thing though, its just what you beleive is the situation. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that no one really seems to know 100% what goes on with the wages or transfer fees except the clubs, players and agents, or what the situation is with the money that MM does or doesn't have to spend as a result of any ivolvement by Boyle.

I'd like to think that if Boyle would be willing to spend a few grand a week on players wages then, considering he's worth over £120m, he wouldn't mind spending a bit extra on getting decent players.

Aye totally agree mate. I'll change it a bit to make it 100% certain.

"I have a reliable source that can confirm Porter is on £4,000 p/w and Hughes is £3,000 p/w with the rest on no more than £1,500."

:rolleyes:

Read in one of the papers that Rangers are looking at Mark Howard of St Mirren as a possible no 3 keeper.

If Buzz does want to move on could we replace him with another Smith from Rangers?

If Rangers are wanting 3 keepers then why would they want to sell one of them?

I think of all the players who may go the biggest blow would be losing Buzz. I think this season, arguably unlike previous seasons, he hasn't done a great deal wrong. Finding another half way decent keeper and getting them playing well with our defence and understanding our defence would be a nightmare!