'well V Rangers, Wednesday.

gav212

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutted to be missing my first Motherwell v Rangers game at Fir Park since 1994 due to work!!! So any result that we get, as delighted as I'll be, will be tinged with a slight sadness at having missed it.

Anytime we play the Old Firm I'd always settle for a point beforehand and this game is no different. I don't think Rangers are anything special at the moment, but we've all heard that before.

Expect mass outcry about the pitch if we manage to get anything from the game!

I reckon it will be 0-0.

Anyone know what our club record is for not conceeding in league football?

We must be near the 500 minute mark just now.

All the best when it comes.

It stands at 499 minutes :) 7 games in a row is the record, either the 1995-96 or 1996-97 season I'm sure. Quite happy to be corrected though.

Jings who knows, against Rangers, probably end up loosing this as its about time we did :unsure:

Anyway could be well wrong as i said we would beat Accies 4 nil.

I would be delighted with a draw, 1 v 1, Extatic with a win and try to catch up on 3rd spot.

Good times ahead at FP.

Hately for the goal

A boring 0-0 would be a good result, but I have the feeling that our good run might come to an end on Wednesday.

Walter Smith has got that team churning out results week in, week out, regardless of how well they are playing. It will be interesting to see how Broon lines up the team, though.

Walter Smith has got that team churning out results week in, week out, regardless of how well they are playing. It will be interesting to see how Broon lines up the team, though.

That's my biggest worry. If he goes 3-5-2 or 4-5-1 I think we'll struggle. Saying that, we've surprised before and we really are overdue a win against Rangers. Shame I can't see it but will go with a 0-0 or 1-1 with the Duke scoring if we do.

Head says 3-1 Rangers.

Heart says 2-2.

Not confident of a win this time around. You don't get many chances to beat the Old Firm. Well, we don't. We had our chance this season when we were at 0-0 and lining up to hit a penalty against 10 men with 5 minutes to go :lol:

The newly-found optimism that has come with Brown and Knox is making me want to believe we could do the business, but it's always difficult against the Old Firm.

Like the poster above, I have a heart/head prediction...

Heart - 1-0 to the good guys.

Head - 3-1 to the h**s.

I'm heartened by the lack of expectation this time round.

In recent years, we have been guilty of really fancying our chances against Rangers but never registered a win. Given the run Rangers are on in conjunction with the lead they have over Celtic, I get the feeling a wee slip up is not too far away. Fingers crossed it happens on Wednesday.

1-0 Jennings.