'well V Rangers, Wednesday.

gav212

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm heartened by the lack of expectation this time round.

In recent years, we have been guilty of really fancying our chances against Rangers but never registered a win. Given the run Rangers are on in conjunction with the lead they have over Celtic, I get the feeling a wee slip up is not too far away. Fingers crossed it happens on Wednesday.

1-0 Jennings.

Surely a draw against St Mirren is a slip up. Boyd and Miller are back - true. Boyd and Miller both played when we drew 0-0 in September so we have done it before. This is the kind of scenario when we are up against it that Brown excelled in so often at Scotland and I do wonder if the recovering Rangers players will be risked on our pitch. Gonna be close but I fancy they'll nick it 1-0.

We'll hump 'em although will need to keep an eye on Kyle Lavatory

Confuscious he say : Beware of useress stliker on bad lun as he enter rand of fir tlee!

Spot on.

If any striker needs a confidence boost Fir Park is the best place to go. :O

By the end of the match it could be Kyle who is having the last Lafferty at our expense.

God Old Firm games depress me! :lol:

I reckon it will be a pretty dire spectacle and I've a feeling that we'll line up 4-5-1 and try and stifle Rangers.

Like a few others, I reckon we'll get a point in a drab 0-0 draw.

:woop:

A point! Wow, didn't expect that from you chief. Had to read it twice :O

I really wish I could agree but I fear an away win. Rangers are closing in on the championship and will take some stopping, though 'Well's good form might mean it's a tight game. I hate predicting defeats, but I'm trying to be objective. 0-2 but with some hopes of a pleasant surprise :lol:

Why shouldn't we be confident of a result going into this? Rangers were dire on Saturday, hardly at their best in the LC Semi either. Boyd and Miller might be back, but just coming back from injury won't be fully fit and wont' fancy our surface right now. This could very much go either way, but there's no way they are going to horse us.

People keep saying this Rangers team is 'crap' but they are undefeated in 11 league matches (more if you include cup games) have won 9 of them and drawn 2 and have only conceded only 6 goals but scored 34.

Not a bad run of form.

However I think the pitch will act as a great equalizer. I think we have a decent chance of getting something out of the match.

rangers haven't won at fir park since paul le guen. we havent beaten them since faddy left. nail on draw

Exactly my thinking aswell.

I think it will be a very tight game, especially given the way Brown normally sets up his teams. We've shown earlier in the season that we have the ability to contain Rangers and stop them creating much and given that this Rangers side prefer a more direct approach rather than playing 'fast flowing' football the way that the likes of Celtic and Hibs do, I reckon they'll struggle to break us down. On the other hand though I don't see us doing much damage at the other end either as we lack flair and creativity so I reckon this one is a stick on nil-nil.

Also interesting to note that Rangers under Walter Smith have not won at Fir Park in the league since January 1997 when Owen Coyle scored his first goal for us.

Jings

Is this the Craig and Archie effect? Jings?!?!?

On to the game. Boyd and Miller being available is a concern. But as others have stated, Smith might not want to risk them on the surface at Fir Park. Brown's history with Scotland grinding out results against better teams has to be tempered with the fact that with Scotland he had weeks with nothing to think about other than said game. More time to address every miniscule detail. Whereas this game is just one of many he has to plan for...

Line up wise, I'd go...

Ruddy

Hateley Craigan Reynolds Hammell

Coke Lasley Jennings O'Brien

Jutkiewicz Murphy

I'd play O'Brien directly against Broadfoot. More likely to get something out of him than out of Papac. And although Sutton has been in decent form, I'd play Murphy as quick feet are more likely to give their back four problems.

Predictions? I'll go along pretending not to care about the result saying that "these aren't the games that matter". And five minutes in, I'll be apopleptic with rage and screaming like a maddy (sooner if Boyd is playing). Result? Who knows but the earlier prediction of "they'll play shite and beat us" sounds all too familiar...

Is this the Craig and Archie effect? Jings?!?!?

On to the game. Boyd and Miller being available is a concern. But as others have stated, Smith might not want to risk them on the surface at Fir Park. Brown's history with Scotland grinding out results against better teams has to be tempered with the fact that with Scotland he had weeks with nothing to think about other than said game. More time to address every miniscule detail. Whereas this game is just one of many he has to plan for...

Line up wise, I'd go...

Ruddy

Hateley Craigan Reynolds Hammell

Coke Lasley Jennings O'Brien

Jutkiewicz Murphy

I'd play O'Brien directly against Broadfoot. More likely to get something out of him than out of Papac. And although Sutton has been in decent form, I'd play Murphy as quick feet are more likely to give their back four problems.

Predictions? I'll go along pretending not to care about the result saying that "these aren't the games that matter". And five minutes in, I'll be apopleptic with rage and screaming like a maddy (sooner if Boyd is playing). Result? Who knows but the earlier prediction of "they'll play shite and beat us" sounds all too familiar...

I never seen Rangers on Saturday but is Broadfoot now playing right back? I'll be delighted if the Whittaker Davis partnership is broken up. Unless Whittaker is now playing right mid and Davis is in the middle?

Had a c**t of a dream last night, we lost 1-0 courtesy of Nacho Novo. We were playing up in Perth though :P .

I never seen Rangers on Saturday but is Broadfoot now playing right back? I'll be delighted if the Whittaker Davis partnership is broken up. Unless Whittaker is now playing right mid and Davis is in the middle?

Had a c**t of a dream last night, we lost 1-0 courtesy of Nacho Novo. We were playing up in Perth though :P .

I think they lined up on saturday.

McGregor

Broadfoot Wilson Bougherra Smith

Davis McCulloch Thomson Whittaker

Naismith Lafferty

I doubt Brown will start with McGlinchey but the way he has been talking about him he sounds like he could be a good addition to the squad.

I don't understand why a lot of folk think we will get beat tomorrow night. They are shite and i fear Hibs beating us on the 20th a lot more than Rangers. We were dire in the 6-1 game, but a lot has changed since then, and with Boyd and Miller just coming back i am not expecting them to be too sharp.

Our record recently at Fir Park has been steady against them and if we get any chances we need to take them as there won't be many goalscoring oppurtunites in the game.

Prediction 1-0 Motherwell.