John Ruddy

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buzz!!!!!! Nope don't see it personally. Decent shot stopper but they generally all are at that level. Remember Buzz was rotten for the best part of the season before last. Anything that looked like a cross he shit himself and that is why Meldrum got a chance. Ruddy is a good solid keeper but not the best. Kieth Macrae is up there and I liked Stuart Rennie. Had a few shockers too in our time. Dave Latchford, Stevie Woods to name but 2. Any others out there?

and Stewart Rennie, until the idiot took too many steps in the semi-final against Airdrie. I went right off him after that.

A bit unfair- that was just shit refereeing- how many other keepers got called for "steps" in the time that that law was in force? Next you will be blaming big Stewart for he penalty he conceded in the semi final the following season.

A bit unfair- that was just shit refereeing- how many other keepers got called for "steps" in the time that that law was in force? Next you will be blaming big Stewart for he penalty he conceded in the semi final the following season.

Very few, but then the rule was easy to keep to, you counted your steps and got rid of the ball on the last one. It was a rule that had been in force for years and at the time it was second nature to a 'keeper.

It was a stupid mistake.

I've been adviseed by my doc not to even think about the following seasons semi-final it's bad for my blood pressure.

• 2 weeks later...
Very few, but then the rule was easy to keep to, you counted your steps and got rid of the ball on the last one. It was a rule that had been in force for years and at the time it was second nature to a 'keeper.

It was a stupid mistake.

No it wasn't it was shit refereeing, everyone took more than 4 steps, no ref ever pulled a keeper up for it until then, a rule largely ignored until that night.

Same as the more recent attempts at stopping keepers from timewasting. No ref ever bothers with the 6 second rule but sure as eggs are eggs some shit referee will pull us up one day.

With the Soccer AM golden gloves thing, despite Ruddy losing a goal today, De Vries has just lost a last minute goal at the City Ground.

Edit - Just saw the goal. De Vries made a complete erse of the corner, keeps that up he won't get any more......

NOTW 'repotrting' Celtic looking to sign Ruddy on £300,000 deal. Article also claims Boyle tried to invoke the sell on clause on the loan deal but Ruddy himself is looking to move to a bigger club. No chance of him staying but wouldn't like to see him at Celtic where he fights for first team football. Again. More than good enough to go to a top team in the Championship and hold on to the first choice keeper role.

NOTW 'repotrting' Celtic looking to sign Ruddy on £300,000 deal. Article also claims Boyle tried to invoke the sell on clause on the loan deal but Ruddy himself is looking to move to a bigger club. No chance of him staying but wouldn't like to see him at Celtic where he fights for first team football. Again. More than good enough to go to a top team in the Championship and hold on to the first choice keeper role.

Sell-On clause - Loan Deal?, bit of a contradiction is it not. Ruddy's not on contract at Motherwell, so how could we invoke a sell-on clause - juornalism at its best, or am I missing something fundamental here.

don't know if hes been said but what about duberdeaux

to be fair i was quite young when he was with us and can only really remember his immense performance against rangers at fir park and we won 1-0 courtesy of a faddy goal

I'm presuming he means the option for Motherwell to buy him first.
Aye. I don't get to say this very often :woop: but I heard from an impeccable source that earlier in the year Boyle offered to put his hand in his pocket to the tune of 350,000 to sign him. However, Ruddy wasn't sure he wanted to commit and was still more attracted to a deal down south closer to his family.

In his BBC interview Brown is keen to retain Ruddy, but by extending his loan arrangement for yet another season.

Can't see this happening.

trust in Brown, if he manages he will stay :huh:

There is every chance of it happening he is enjoying first team football i heard his wife now has a job in glasgow.

So they already have commited to the move our team next year will ultimately be build on the success of this season.

It is of paramount importance that we secure a europa league spot thats the benchmark thats been set.

mon the well!!!

I said before, a move to either of the Old Firm wouldn't be as No.1. He's too good to warm the bench, and clearly him and his family quite like it here.

I said before, a move to either of the Old Firm wouldn't be as No.1. He's too good to warm the bench, and clearly him and his family quite like it here.

A chance though he could be number 1. Zaluska wasn't a Mowbray signing and from what I've heard Boruc could be away in the summer.

Thing for me there though is that there's huge uncertainty behind the scenes. I'd say there was a high probability Mowbray won't be there next season.

A chance though he could be number 1. Zaluska wasn't a Mowbray signing and from what I've heard Boruc could be away in the summer.

Mowbray hasn't signed or even been linked (as far as I know) to any player in the SPL. Considering the number of changes he's made that tells you something. He doesn't see it as a market place for Celtic players.

I'd be very surprised if Mowbray ever signs a player from another SPL club in his time at Celtic, however long that might be.

OK, Ruddy technically isn't a Motherwell player but you get the idea.