John Ruddy

Guest 'Flow

Mowbray hasn't signed or even been linked (as far as I know) to any player in the SPL. Considering the number of changes he's made that tells you something. He doesn't see it as a market place for Celtic players.

I'd be very surprised if Mowbray ever signs a player from another SPL club in his time at Celtic, however long that might be.

OK, Ruddy technically isn't a Motherwell player but you get the idea.

You were doing well until that last line :)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ruddy has just said on the Sky website that he doesnt expect to play for Everton again as they have signed Jan Mucha. He is now fourth in the pecking order! Maybe if Reynolds is sold we could use the money to make Ruddy's move Permanent? I would be up for that as we have Hutchison and Saunders to step in as they both proved themselves earlier on in the season.

Another clean sheet tonight, 14 for the season. A striker with 14 goals in 29 games would be praised constantly by the meejia...... Anyway, could do with Watford nicking a draw against Swansea as De Vries looks like getting another clean sheet tonight as well.

Another clean sheet tonight, 14 for the season. A striker with 14 goals in 29 games would be praised constantly by the meejia...... Anyway, could do with Watford nicking a draw against Swansea as De Vries looks like getting another clean sheet tonight as well.

You're really into this 'keeper comp, aren't you? :O

Finished 0-1 at Vicarage Road so another clean sheet for De Vries-who was fairly pish at Dunfermline IIRC.

No doubting Ruddy's talent but is he playing in the shop window for a contract/move to a club for first team football. Maybe with the security of a 2-3 yr contract his form might dip as he doesn't have the pressure to perform. I doubt it very much but stranger things have happened.

think a seen on ssn that boruc is to be offered a new deal which would make a move to celtic more unlikely.even if we sell reynolds if a champ team comes in for him we can't better the wages they offer so still expect to see him in the chamionship next season.

Ruddy is a great keeper but the best I've seen in a Motherwell shirt was local Lanarkshire boy Keith MacRae.

2w4adz8.jpg

I was at school with him, he was playing for `Well reserves at the time and could play goalie and outfield. Big Roger Hynd was our PE teacher and I remember being in the changing rooms when they were comparing studmarks

Craig Brown was at my school this afernoon for the health fayre and my mate asked him about what players he hopes to keep, he replied by explaining how big john is a definite gonner as everton's asking price is far too high and there are a list of other teams looking for his signature. B-)

Whait if we get that Euorpa League place? And, should Boyle fund the Ruddy signing, he'll be fully aware he will get it all back and more in a couple of years time. Never say never.

Whait if we get that Euorpa League place? And, should Boyle fund the Ruddy signing, he'll be fully aware he will get it all back and more in a couple of years time. Never say never.

Can't see Boyle funding it. Think the pitch will need some more money put towards it which will leave Brown with virtually no money to spend.

Ruddy and The Juke's departure at the end of the season pretty much confirmed now. Craig Brown (at Hampden) was interviewed for STV News and he confirmed Moyes won't extend the loan deals and we can't afford to buy them. Said we need to accept that they won't be here next year and he is already identifying replacements......although obviously he refused to name names. He's not McGhee.

Let's hope he is astute as Gannon in the transfer market.

See the talk about us having a first option fee of £250k on Ruddy. I take it that was a pile of pish?

Good luck to both players, they have fantastic potential and i admire them for how they have conducted themselves during their time at Motherwell. I imagine both of them will pick up a Championship club no bother in the summer.

We will need to be really lucky to get such quality on loan next year. Given the part we have played in developing Ruddy and the Juke this season, I'd like to think Moyes would be interested in sending one or two other youngsters our way.

I don't think we'll ever be able to spend £250K on a player whether agreed or not. If it was agreed it was never a realistic option.

Those days are long gone and rightly so.

I reckon we need to sell to the value of around £1M every year to fund operations going forward.

So loan signings and very low cost or free transfers will continue to be the norm.

See the talk about us having a first option fee of £250k on Ruddy. I take it that was a pile of pish?

Good luck to both players, they have fantastic potential and i admire them for how they have conducted themselves during their time at Motherwell. I imagine both of them will pick up a Championship club no bother in the summer.

We will need to be really lucky to get such quality on loan next year. Given the part we have played in developing Ruddy and the Juke this season, I'd like to think Moyes would be interested in sending one or two other youngsters our way.

Spot on. With the money down South there is no way they will be floating about Everton with an uncertain future come August.

Dorius De Vries has just conceded his fifth of the night as Swansea are absolutely gubbed at Forest. Hoping Ruddy adds another clean sheet on Saturday, think it'll be very close at the top if he does.