and that is the truth

Frank MacAvennie's a Poof

Nanana.

(Clyde Alloy Bus) mid 80's.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the Fashanu one was "He's black, he's gay, he plays for Air-du-ray....Fashanu!'

Could be wrong though.

I can't remember what if anything we sang that day but Airdrie fans actually sang that themselves when he played for them.

I think it was, and I could swear he went to the wrong set of fans when he came out of the tunnel. He got dogs abuse that day! <_>

Aye it was his debut and if you ever happen to see the highlights (yabbasturd may be able to oblige) it does look as if he's coming out the tunnel and applauding the East Stand.

I mind back in the day fretting about playing Airdrie in what was quite an important game in the battle against the drop, flicking on the teletext and seeing the headline "Airdrie sign £1m striker". Just a bit misleading.

Mind we tried to sign him about 3 months after that though?!!

I can't remember what if anything we sang that day but Airdrie fans actually sang that themselves when he played for them.

Was that not the "EE AYE OH down ye go AIRDRIE AIRDRIE" day ?

And as and alternative to having ones head kicked in -

"You're gonnie look like Sandy Richardson" <_<

Not a song but I always loved the 'Junkie Junkie' chants at Andy McLaren that eventually caused him to have a near breakdown at Fir Park when he played for Dundee United.

Haha that was magic! Did he not lose it and get sent off in front of our fans at Rugby Park as well

A-CC-I-E-S, Hamilton Accies are the best,

Ha ha ha ah,

Ha ha ah,

Ha ha

(well unless Deky is at the game, that is)

Always mind being told about a away day in the early 80s where some Well Fans were dressed up as Elvis and prancing about to Rock A Hula....maybe one for Pie or MJ to confirm???

Also was there a song to the tune of Do Run Run with the words?

Oooh the Hibees Run,

Oooh the Hibees Run,

The Hibees run run,

The Hibees run

Always mind being told about a away day in the early 80s where some Well Fans were dressed up as Elvis and prancing about to Rock A Hula....maybe one for Pie or MJ to confirm???

Nope, there were some guys used to dress up for Cup games away from home now and again but I don't even know what Rock a Hula is. :doh:

Nobody else has mentioned it, possibly because it wasn't that popular, and it was some tmie ago.....possibly late 70s early 80s.

Theme from The Sting, and after each line, you would clap once and raise a hand in the air.

Does anybody else remember this, or have I really gone senile ?

I also remember taking the p1ss out of a ball-boy at Dumbarton during the game we thrashed them 6-0 (Brucie hat-trick IIRC). Songs like "There's only one ugly ball-boy", "the ball-boy sits to pee" and other such gems. I guess there were too few opposition fans to sing at.

I'm sure we managed a lusty "You're staying down again" to the jambos when we beat them 1-0 in the last game of our Div.1 winning year under David Hay, and Killie won at QoS to consign them to another season in Div.1 instead of them coming up with us.

I'm sure we managed a lusty "You're staying down again" to the jambos when we beat them 1-0 in the last game of our Div.1 winning year under David Hay, and Killie won at QoS to consign them to another season in Div.1 instead of them coming up with us.

I'm sure we were all too busy figuring out how to get back to our buses in one piece to sing that day. ^_^

Everyone around me was stuffing their scarves up their juke, I thought that was a good idea then remembered I had some mad pink and yella furry jumper on (skinhead/punk thing youngsters :lol: ) which the Hearts fans had picked up on long before then.

I'm sure we were all too busy figuring out how to get back to our buses in one piece to sing that day. :lol:

Everyone around me was stuffing their scarves up their juke, I thought that was a good idea then remembered I had some mad pink and yella furry jumper on (skinhead/punk thing youngsters B-) ) which the Hearts fans had picked up on long before then.

that was one scary walk[run] :P