No Time Off For Craig And Archie

steelboy

apparently archie is away to teach pep guardiola a few tricks and pa broon is focusing on getting players signed up. keeping themselves busy.

they both seem to be enthused by their jobs at fir park and putting 100% commitment in, i'm sure wee craig will be desperate to lead a club into europe for the first time and he'll be doing everything he can to make it happen and make sure we're ready for it if it does.

It is quality, not only is Brown busy working on renewing contracts, Archie has first established the Rangers 9 in a row mentality of winning together and drinking together by sending them down to the Cheltnam festival, he's also off to pinch some ideas off Barca!

Sadly neither the Nou Camp nor the training pitch is reminicant of our crater filled battleground or Dalziel Park!

I find it encouraging that they are using this two week period in finding ways in improving the team for next season and trying to renew expiring contracts

aye i think any doubts about their age and suitablilty for their posts have been well and truly put to bed. both of them seem to be relishing getting an opportunity out no where and look as if they're keen to make the most of it. it's good to have people in charge who are focused on the club and not their career.

I find it encouraging that they are using this two week period in finding ways in improving the team for next season and trying to renew expiring contracts

We only find that encouraging because our last manager didn't bother his arse doing any of that.

That isn't meant negatively towards Craig and Archie by the way, just highlighting the differences!

I hope Brown and Knox get everything done they want to in the next ten days or so. Sadly if Dundee Utd beat us I can see a few familiar faces coming on here and saying it was a big mistake giving the players the week off. Personally, I think it was a good idea.

I'm kinda interested to see how they will handle things when we go on one of our more-usual runs of 5 or 6 games without a win and nae firepower. Right now we are seeing how they handle things when things are going well but what about when the boot is on the other foot.

I'm not looking forward to it but I know what you mean. Brown always spreads round the plaudits when he wins but I also thought he wasn't the best at taking the blame for things in his previous managerial roles. I hope we don't get to the point where he is counting how many corners we get against a winning opposition team. Didn't he famously once write to Gerry McNee at the NOTW trying to get more of the blame put on Alex Miller for a poor run of Scotland results?

Regardless, I'll be behind him and AK until they aren't with us.

I'm kinda interested to see how they will handle things when we go on one of our more-usual runs of 5 or 6 games without a win and nae firepower. Right now we are seeing how they handle things when things are going well but what about when the boot is on the other foot.

if/when it does happen it won't be this season :doh:

brazilian had me puggled with his link to south lanarkshire builiding equipment but i now realise he probably tried to link to the story on the official about brown training the 19s this week. considering gannon and mcghee were back down south any opportunity and that malpas seemed to resent having to leave tayside it's good to see a manager with such enthusiasm.

I hope Brown and Knox get everything done they want to in the next ten days or so. Sadly if Dundee Utd beat us I can see a few familiar faces coming on here and saying it was a big mistake giving the players the week off. Personally, I think it was a good idea.

Aye, hope the guys don't go mental down there. It's Ladies Day tomorrow....watch out the Duke's about :doh:

I hope we don't get to the point where he is counting how many corners we get against a winning opposition team.

:doh: This is funny cos it's true - when I don't have the radio access on the internet due to it not being availale o'seas (happening more regualrly now :doh: ) I check out the BBC's stats to see the shots on target, posssession %age etc and I always look to see if we are 'winning on corners'. Thank you wee Craigie Broon for changing how i view football forever!!

I'm all for some R&R and rewards especially after the run we've been on. Could JB have arranged a trip to the Algarve that includes the whole team with his contacts? Just think a bit of training in the sun with individual activities in the evenings may have been more beneficial than "see you in a week".

Saying that if we beat Dundee Utd. no issue Craig, inspired decision.

I get where some people are coming from regards the week off scenario, however its as much a mental rest as it is a physical rest.

It also shows the players that the management team trust them also.

Sure will be interesting to see the reaction from the players it could bite us on the bum or it could propel us into european football.

apparently archie is away to teach pep guardiola a few tricks and pa broon is focusing on getting players signed up. keeping themselves busy.

they both seem to be enthused by their jobs at fir park and putting 100% commitment in, i'm sure wee craig will be desperate to lead a club into europe for the first time and he'll be doing everything he can to make it happen and make sure we're ready for it if it does.

Does your shift key not work? Genuine Question.

I'm all for some R&R and rewards especially after the run we've been on. Could JB have arranged a trip to the Algarve that includes the whole team with his contacts? Just think a bit of training in the sun with individual activities in the evenings may have been more beneficial than "see you in a week".

Saying that if we beat Dundee Utd. no issue Craig, inspired decision.

do you go away with your work mates when you get a week off? This break gives our english lads a chance to get down and spend some quality time with their families,something that John Ruddy speaks about when asked about his future (family live in cambridge iirc)

No I don't however it has been known mjw. I'm not a professional footballer in a mid season hiatus finding myself with 2 weeks off that wasn't expected a few months ago though. Foreign trip were all the rage during the winter shutdowns, how is this any different?

I do take your point about the English players though.

Lets just hope we don't see JOB 7 sheets to the wind jumping off the back of a recent winner Dettori style.

No I don't however it has been known mjw. I'm not a professional footballer in a mid season hiatus finding myself with 2 weeks off that wasn't expected a few months ago though. Foreign trip were all the rage during the winter shutdowns, how is this any different?

They don't have 2 weeks off though do they?

I do take your point about the English players though.

Lets just hope we don't see JOB 7 sheets to the wind jumping off the back of a recent winner Dettori style.

Ach he can if he likes and as fatcalf points out they aren't off for two weeks, something like a week tops by sound of it and it probably only 3 or 4 days training before a full week preparing for the Utd game. Win, lose or draw the Utd game I reckon it a good idea, a bit of mental and physical rest and plenty time to put a bit of work in on the training ground before a big game.