Bring A Friend For Free - Season Ticket Holders.

Robyn

anybody i'm getting in for free better get the pies and the pints in :lol:

I personally disagree. Just because you have given someone a voucher from your ST book you expect something in return when you haven't made any gain (bar the pie and pint you want :D) or loss from a nice gesture?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've dug out the post from Leeann post the R*****s game in Sept.

So roughly 2400 ST Holders - Looks like a 5 - 6K crowd would be seen as a result for this game.

Many have asked about the home crowd on Saturday so I thought you might like to know some of the numbers. Be clear, I am not commenting one way or the other. What is posted below is a what we have logged coming through the turnstiles.

Cooper normally has 799 season ticket holders - 651 came on the day. In addition to the 651 who came along a further 109 bought tickets

East normally has 1,328 season ticket holders - 1,304 came on the day. In addition to the 1,304 who came along a further 411 bought tickets

POD normally has 386 season ticket holders - 360 came on the day. In addition to the 360 who came along a further 182 bought tickets.

The above excludes hospitality and member tickets in the POD and Cooper - these consist of areas such as the Millenium, Centenary and Cooper Boxes where we have approx 200 members total.

If you took an average of the above then approx 8% or thereabouts of season ticket holders did not attend on the day, the vast majority of which sit in the Cooper

I personally disagree. Just because you have given someone a voucher from your ST book you expect something in return when you haven't made any gain (bar the pie and pint you want :D ) or loss from a nice gesture?

i wouldn't ask but if the shoe was on the other foot and someone got me in for free i'd definitely get them something to return the favour.

it's like if someone drives to an away game they won't ask for petrol money but it's good form to pay for some scran or the parking.

if the folk with season tickets brought somebody that doesnt attend fir park on a regular basis and the club dropped the prices to £10 and £5 so that they could attract neautrals and well fans that no longer go due to cost then i think you would see a big crowd.im no sure if well see that big a increase in the crowd with just the season ticket offer alone but fair play on the club for trying something

That idea has been about since I was at school though and that wasn't yesterday.

It can work. My own kids have been given free tickets at school buy QOS FC. The difference is a few players turned up at the school, helped with football for P.E and then showed a few tricks. The kids loved it and then got their tickets. They all went and many now go regularly.

The players are our biggest selling point. They should be invited into all the schools in and around Motherwell to talk about fitness and health and offer advice to school teams and aid in P.E classes. They might already do this of course but I've not read much about these types of initatives other than one offs. It's the personal contact with the players that helps them identify with the club.

It's a good idea, but I can't see it having a huge impact on the attendance.

From the usual suspects I sit with, about half have season tickets and the other half pay in. So all that'll happen is we'll all get in without paying on the day, so the attendance isn't actually going to grow any. I'd imagine the same could be said for a lot of folk that go to Fir Park with mates.

One of the T's and C's listed on the fishal site says

"Guests should be aware that many seats in all three home stands are reserved for season ticket holders and they may be asked to relocate should they sit on one"

Since most of the season ticket holders in the East stand sit in the M F C seats, if they take a friend/hobo/pal/stranger/free loader into the ground, it means they would need to sit somewhere else if they want to be together, unless the season holder next to them moves elsewhere. Now, there are many other season ticket holders, myself included, that dont have a seat in the M F C seats, and the majority of these dont have any name on them, so if I come in and want my seat, I may have to ask somebody to move. Else I sit elsewhere and thus risk somebody asking me to shift if thats their seat. Therefore, I could see musical chairs happening if we get lucky and get a good turnout and people want their own seat, as season ticket holders who dont have a spare seat next to them, decided to sit elsewhere so that their friend that they brought along can sit with them.

And if that is all people have to worry about in their lifes then I would love to be one of them.

Think its great that the club are doing something. Its a holiday weekend which means folk who live further afield will have the opportunity to come for free. If folk who fire in £20 for most home games because they can't get a season ticket get a wee reward all well and good. And if folk are reintroduced to the 'Well even better. I agree we'll be lucky to break 5000 well fans but if it brings 20 folk back to the club long term and a wee bit of good press thats excellent. What they need to do is build on it during the close season for next season and encourage folk back on season tickets.

As usual the only people to benefit from it are non season ticket holders. Thanks.

Also what happened to the promised range of initiatives that would be announced throughout the year for ST holders.... nothing as usual.

Wont work anyway, will be the same crowd with a lower income.

Let me get this straight. You, a Season Ticket holder, many whom would label a 'Die Hard' supporter of a provincial football team, is MOANING and UNHAPPY about your club actively trying to push the club forward, increase the fanbase and get more people interested in the club which over time could bring money, better players, better football and success to the club.

Seriously?

;):ph34r:

What initiative do you want exactly? A seat warmer? A hostess to deliver you a pint and a blowjob?

A seat warmer? no fussed its april it'll be warmer

A hostess to deliver you a pint and a blowjob? If you could make that happen that'd be magic :ph34r:

I suspect as Jay says the club might well take a hit on the day but I think its a promotion with the best of intentions in terms of trying to attract new fans, welcome some lapsed punters back into the fold and to try to give the team a little extra backing at what will be an increasingly crucial stage of the season - remember it will be the last non-top six opponent we'll face.

It can work, as can be seen with our mate Darryl who's now a season ticket holder at Fir Park having seen his first ever Motherwell game courtesy of a similar freebie.

As a season ticket holder myself I have no quibble with folk getting in free in this promotion. It might erode the value of the season ticket by a few quid but there's a greater good here I think.

I'm a particularly negative guy but come on to fuck! The club are trying to reward supporters. This is a benefit to the season ticket holders. We get the opportunity to bring along someone to the match for free. Would any of us really charge anyone for it? Is anyone that tight?

Ill just make my old man buy me a couple of jars down the boozer before the match! :P

Good idea. At least we are showing some initiative.

Only problem is,,,,,,I've got nae pals!!!!! :P

I'd like to see a more inclusive 'bring a friend or foe for free'. It's a bit of a gobful but would mibbe attract a bigger crowd.

"The club are delighted to announce that all season tickets holders can bring a friend for free when Motherwell face Falkirk on Saturday 3rd April."

Hope it's pissing down... My old man and younger brother are Cooper Box members.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

• Guests must be at the turnstile at the same time as the Season Ticket Holder and the Turnstile Operator will remove both vouchers.
  • In light of the expected increase in attendance, please leave plenty of time when travelling to the ground to avoid queuing close to kick-off.
  • Guests should be aware that many seats in all three home stands are reserved for season ticket holders and they may be asked to relocate should they sit on one.

:P Don't use a turnstile, why are they penalised? Have to sit with the underclasses now :D

good idea to get some more bods through the turnstiles

as for other deal for STH don't not really bother I don't buy my season ticket for the possibility of extras, I do it to show my support for the club and not have the hassle of getting tickets for some games.

I don't buy my season ticket for the possibility of extras, I do it to show my support for the club and not have the hassle of getting tickets for some games.

Seconded.

I suppose, crudely, our fans fall into 2 groups:

1) Those who want to put in as much as they take out:

and

2) Those who say "Whats in it for me?"