Bring A Friend For Free - Season Ticket Holders.

Robyn

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our wee section of the East looked busier than usual but the Main stand and Cooper look no busier or if anything quieter, with a poor away support crowd figure looks about right give or take a few.

Aye, I'd agree with that - although our usual bit in the East looked even emptier than normal, at least in front of us. As I said earlier - about 50% of our usual group don't have season tickets, so they just got in free. I would imagine it would be the same for plenty of people.

Did anyone have the pleasure of sitting in the second section of the East-stand to hear some old woman screaming at motherwell for 90 minutes.

i never heard her mate but i was sitting at the first section of the east and had to listen to some fud shout shoot everytime one of our players got the ball

Is that section F near the half way line, quite near the front was she ?

Your thinking about Maggie. My season ticket seat was right next to her for a couple of years when I was younger. It was fucking terrible.

The "F" is the 4th section in the East, not the 2nd.

Your thinking about Maggie. My season ticket seat was right next to her for a couple of years when I was younger. It was fucking terrible.

I should read posts better I never even saw the second section in :nod: . It is murder innit ?

I sit next to her every week and then I go to Bucharest via Liverpool mind and who is in the check in queue at good old John Lennon airport?........AYE HER ;) On every plane on the way there and no far from me at the ground.

Mine too. We moved in the end cos we were having barney's with her more and more frequently. One that sticks in mind was a game where she was giving Nijholt pelters - except he was out injured and wasn't even in the squad that day.

Aye thanks to the wee wumman who gave me her voucher just as I whipped out a twenty at the gate :nod:

The steward actually tried to deny me saying she couldn't give it to strangers :O . Think she replied something like 'He lives doon the road fae me - I have known him all his life!'

Never seen her before in ma puff but thanks alot!!!

Don't think the 'scheme' worked then ;)

Similar situation happened when I was heading in, only this time the stewards were openly asking for a voucher for some old guy who was about to fork out to get in. Gave him my voucher, the only stipulation being we went in the same gate.

Like to feel I saved the old guy some pension money, not having to pay to watch the garbage that turned out on the pitch.

Well played Neil, and the others,

Think we may have stumbled on the reason for the downturn in attendances I used to sit a couple rows behind her in section F, E92, forgot how bad it was until Llanelli when we were not far from her, A loyal fan she certainly is but how many has she turned away from that area :nod:

her boy mustve sufferered from severe ear damage over the years always seemed a decent lad mind

Mine too. We moved in the end cos we were having barney's with her more and more frequently. One that sticks in mind was a game where she was giving Nijholt pelters - except he was out injured and wasn't even in the squad that day.

She must have hated Luc - I mind him winning a crucial tackle on the East Stand side one day as a team broke from a Motherwell corner...only for her to explode and give him pelters for being out of position.

She was known as Mrs BMX socks in my days in the East Stand as she regularly sported a pair.

Well played Neil, and the others,

Think we may have stumbled on the reason for the downturn in attendances I used to sit a couple rows behind her in section F, E92, forgot how bad it was until Llanelli when we were not far from her, A loyal fan she certainly is but how many has she turned away from that area :P

her boy mustve sufferered from severe ear damage over the years always seemed a decent lad mind

As "her boy", thanks very much for the "decent" bit. My ears seem to be OK (my dad's aren't :lol: ) and I am now in the process of deafening no.1 son (with my volume rather than hers). I didn't make Saturday's game, nor the previous week's game, so apologies for jinxing our decent run. I don't make as many games as "Mrs Falkirk", but there will be few who do. She is pretty much there every week, and her heart is in the right place, even if it seems otherwise sometimes. A bit like us all I guess. As far as the Nijholt abuse goes, I don't remember her being anti-Luc at all, but my ears might not be that good after all :lol: . Oh, and as for mistaking players on the pitch - hands up who has NEVER done that.